TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Once we are finished with the hypercoaster discussion , I wanted to get some opinions on what would you prefer to see at SFSL, a clone of SFDK's Superman or SFFT's Batman. Does anyone know the price tags for each? What do you think about capacity? Theme? Location?

EDIT: Also, I always see a lot of unfamiliar usernames viewing the page. Even if you're from a different part of the country or have never even visited our park, I'd love to hear what you all think as well!

Edited by HWFan

I was gonna say, "Sorry for the triple post," but then I realized I'm not. So anyway...

Outside of Justice League has gotten some more work but it still hasn't changed too much. It seems like they could knock out the rest of the exterior in a week or so. (Small comment: I'm sure there was reasoning for it, but why is the exterior the last thing to be finished? I would think the park would want to have it done before the season started so that it would look nice for guests and convince them to come back later.)

There was a lot of nastier weather days during the week this month, which is the reason why the Palace roof isn't quite done yet. I would guess that it is probably the same with JLBM. Plus, with a lot of the same crew members working on different parts of the project, there might be some that are finishing the inside before devoting their time to the exterior once the weather gets better. Idk but with JLBM, this weekend I'm just feeling like IT'S ELECTRIC *boogie woogie woogie*.

Yeah, I don't know why I forgot about the whole weather situation. I had a brain fart.

I forgot to mention: Even though it's not done yet, it's obvious that SFSTL's facade is going to be tons better than SFOT's. Not only is ours at least double the width, but we don't have a giant metal building popping out over the top like theirs does. It should look really nice when it's done. I can't wait!

Dave said that everything is exactly on time at this point. The bigger thing, besides the weather, is that the people who are doing the facade in Texas are the people doing the facade for our park. Once Texas' facade is done, they'll fly out to St. Louis and finish the much larger and more impressive SFSL facade. Remember, everything isn't bigger in Texas.

Not meaning this in a negative way, but I'd be surprised if current SF management was even willing to spend the price tag of a modern day hyper coaster. It's understandable, given their business model of "every park gets something new," with two to three of those being coasters.

That said, I would imagine both options are comparatively low capacity. I'd like to wait and see how SFFT's Batman plays out once it opens to make a final call on that, but neither seems like a bad option at all.

As a general question--I would've thought any SF spending a good chunk of the budget in 2015 would hold off on anything major in 2016. Might that not be the case? I'm referring mainly to Magic Mountain, New England, Fiesta Texas, St. Louis, Over Texas, or even SFM with two big rides in a row.

Once we are finished with the hypercoaster discussion , I wanted to get some opinions on what would you prefer to see at SFSL, a clone of SFDK's Superman or SFFT's Batman. Does anyone know the price tags for each? What do you think about capacity? Theme? Location?

EDIT: Also, I always see a lot of unfamiliar usernames viewing the page. Even if you're from a different part of the country or have never even visited our park, I'd love to hear what you all think as well!

Superman at SFDK clone would be my preference, personally. Only coaster in the Midwest even remotely like it is X-Coaster at Magic Springs, and that may not be around much longer. From what I hear, the Premier model is leaps ahead of the Maurer one, so it'd be a good buy. Either one, though, would be awesome and unique to the Midwest. The kicker for me is that I consider San Antonio within driving distance, as you can get there in 1 day (one long day, but it can be done). The Bay Area and Williamsburg are out of range and require a flight, making them once-in-a-lifetime trips for me.

I think a Superman clone at SFSL would be cool, it would probably be better than Mr Freeze but I have never been

Eh I doubt it. Mr. Freeze is a lot better than most people think (not that the Superman clones aren't awesome).

My vote is for the 4D Free Spin. It's completely different than any other coaster the park offers.

My vote is for superman.

Eh I doubt it. Mr. Freeze is a lot better than most people think (not that the Superman clones aren't awesome)

You're right. However (as everyone knows), I prefer the original version better than the "new" and "improved" backwards launch. I'll never stop saying it.

Not meaning this in a negative way, but I'd be surprised if current SF management was even willing to spend the price tag of a modern day hyper coaster. It's understandable, given their business model of "every park gets something new," with two to three of those being coasters.

That said, I would imagine both options are comparatively low capacity. I'd like to wait and see how SFFT's Batman plays out once it opens to make a final call on that, but neither seems like a bad option at all.

As a general question--I would've thought any SF spending a good chunk of the budget in 2015 would hold off on anything major in 2016. Might that not be the case? I'm referring mainly to Magic Mountain, New England, Fiesta Texas, St. Louis, Over Texas, or even SFM with two big rides in a row.

As much as SFStL needs a hyper, as we all know and agree, I do believe you are right. Its very unfortunate. I'd be very surprised if we EVER got one.

I think a Superman clone at SFSL would be cool, it would probably be better than Mr Freeze but I have never been

Eh I doubt it. Mr. Freeze is a lot better than most people think (not that the Superman clones aren't awesome).

My vote is for the 4D Free Spin. It's completely different than any other coaster the park offers.

Having been on both, I have to give it to Superman. It's a solid ride and I wouldn't mind more popping up. The only real downside to the ride, imo, is the capacity.

Are those my only two choices? I'm kind of not really interested in SFFT's Batman. It doesn't seem that exciting to me. Also, the Superman clone looks fun but I still don't feel like it would be a necessary addition. If I had my choice, I'd put Wicked Twister clone in Ninja's spot. That ride never gets old. Obligatory: not sure about the footprint, but a Mega Lite would do wonderfully at SFSTL.

The park released a complete "POV" of JLBfM. Once again, if you don't want spoilers, don't watch...

My opinion: I've got mixed feelings to be honest. All that grey/blue/green faded paint on the walls is atrocious. The physical sets are cool, albeit very minimalistic in their details (and those visible speakers...). Although I know it's not done, and lighting will play a major role on the final rendition. There are no über big curved screens like Spiderman, but the part from 0:29 to 0:33 will most likely be a motion-simulator part, aka when you are supposed to be in the screen and no more in a physical set looking through a window, for instance. I spotted a fan on the second screen, too.

So I'm still very much looking toward it with exitement, but there is no way this will be on par with Spiderman, on an artistic and technical aspect. Maybe it'll be more fun though, as it is interactive.

The park released a complete "POV" of JLBfM. Once again, if you don't want spoilers, don't watch...

My opinion: I've got mixed feelings to be honest. All that grey/blue/green faded paint on the walls is atrocious. The physical sets are cool, albeit very minimalistic in their details (and those visible speakers...). Although I know it's not done, and lighting will play a major role on the final rendition. There are no über big curved screens like Spiderman, but the part from 0:29 to 0:33 will most likely be a motion-simulator part, aka when you are supposed to be in the screen and no more in a physical set looking through a window, for instance. I spotted a fan on the second screen, too.

So I'm still very much looking toward it with exitement, but there is no way this will be on par with Spiderman, on an artistic and technical aspect. Maybe it'll be more fun though, as it is interactive.

You have to remember: not only will lighting completely change the look, the cars themselves can rotate so that riders could end up having their backs to the speakers you pointed out.

That construction tour really didn't reveal anymore than we already knew. I think it looks awesome so far!

You have to remember: not only will lighting completely change the look, the cars themselves can rotate so that riders could end up having their backs to the speakers you pointed out.

That construction tour really didn't reveal anymore than we already knew. I think it looks awesome so far!

I kinda wish they wouldn't have released that video, because it actually made the ride look worse for me at least. There is so much that you miss, especially the things that will bring those places where it seems very minimalistic (especially one OMFG feature that is one of the unannounced special surprises). Remember, the top set & lighting designers in the industry are designing this ride, so you at least can say 99% that it will at least look good. This video is also at least three weeks old as well. I can't say why I know, but I am absolutely positive that it is. My advice: Take this video as a way to just get an idea of the ride but know that there will be so much more to it.

Is there a good possibility that JLBM could be open by May 29th, the night I am going to Children's Hospital night?

Speaking as someone who is helping plan that event from the side of SLCH and not as a SFSL employee, we are very hopeful that the park will have the ride open, but we're just waiting to see how things go in the next few weeks.

Fun Fact: Dave Roemer is the sole person in charge of planning that event from the park's side. He is the only one who meets with the SLCH Foundation team about it and makes sure it is all good to go. It's a project that he is very fond of and sees to it personally that it is successful.

When you're there, make sure to stop by and see if he's working in First Cone serving up some of the biggest waffle cones you've ever seen. Just don't ask him for a smaller one as you will be overruled. Should be another great event this year!

Sounds great! Can't wait for no lines and free food!

So obviously, this ride is pretty much make or break for the park. Obviously it is going to be amzing and shatter excpectations. However, its what this park does next year that everyone is excited about. But if it is not everything you wanted to cry and complain about how BAD a park it is, because it isn't. First off, and this is just something to think about, they decided to grant us the rights to a state of the art ride that had never been made before. They could have given us the crappy chaos coaster, or a different insignificant ride that just looks good because it is new. So be grateful. AND YES everyone has their hopes about a crazy coaster or a rmc boss, but guys you have to understand they will do what they think is best, from what I hear Dave is awesome and will do the right thing. And I know this sounds crazy because we are still 4 months out(yes thats it) but be grateful with whatever happens. Who knows what could happen.

So obviously, this ride is pretty much make or break for the park. Obviously it is going to be amzing and shatter excpectations. However, its what this park does next year that everyone is excited about. But if it is not everything you wanted to cry and complain about how BAD a park it is, because it isn't. First off, and this is just something to think about, they decided to grant us the rights to a state of the art ride that had never been made before. They could have given us the crappy chaos coaster, or a different insignificant ride that just looks good because it is new. So be grateful. AND YES everyone has their hopes about a crazy coaster or a rmc boss, but guys you have to understand they will do what they think is best, from what I hear Dave is awesome and will do the right thing. And I know this sounds crazy because we are still 4 months out(yes thats it) but be grateful with whatever happens. Who knows what could happen.

???

WTF? Not one sentence of this post makes any sense...

Anyways... Are there any small improvements to Hurricane Harbor this season?

WTF? Not one sentence of this post makes any sense...

Anyways... Are there any small improvements to Hurricane Harbor this season?

There is one big improvement at HH this season that you will never see and hopefully will never be used. Some huge new backup generators were added, so that if the power goes out, the pump houses won't flood, which would lead to a major delay in reopening the water park. That is why, last season, a power outage would result in HH either being closed for the full day or reopening later in the day then the rest of the park. While it will hopefully remain unused, it's good to know it's there.

In other news! Is anyone currently enjoying the media day for our new launched, B&M wing coaster?!

It seems like it will be a great addition to the Coaster Capital of Missouri, and the way it interacts with the Boss & Screamin' Eagle should make for a thrilling ride experience! Don't forget the relocation of SkyScreamer to new new coaster's plaza, which will open up a place to add something in SkyScreamer's old spot. This looks like it will be a great addition to Six Flags St. Louis! (TPR is posting some great pics on Twitter for those interested!)

In other news! Is anyone currently enjoying the media day for our new launched, B&M wing coaster?!

It seems like it will be a great addition to the Coaster Capital of Missouri, and the way it interacts with the Boss & Screamin' Eagle should make for a thrilling ride experience! Don't forget the relocation of SkyScreamer to new new coaster's plaza, which will open up a place to add something in SkyScreamer's old spot. This looks like it will be a great addition to Six Flags St. Louis! (TPR is posting some great pics on Twitter for those interested!)

Say what??? you are getting our Parks crossed

Say what??? you are getting our Parks crossed

I'm pretty sure he was just joking.....