TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I think the lighting is really going to play an important role due to their being many real scenery pieces. There are far fewer screens than Spiderman and Transformers so this will be interesting. I really hope that this ride is good, I'd love to see them put one in Great Adventure!

I'm getting the vibe 2015 is the final year for the Ninja. They had one train on this past weekend and while I know that it was the same for other coasters as well, Ninja hardly had a line, so adding a second train doesn't seem like it'd be necessary. I could easily see corporate send us an S&S 4D free fly next season, as it doesn't seem like it would be ridiculously expensive. And it seems like it would fit nicely where Ninja is right now.

Then again, I could be totally off.

I'm getting the vibe 2015 is the final year for the Ninja. They had one train on this past weekend and while I know that it was the same for other coasters as well, Ninja hardly had a line, so adding a second train doesn't seem like it'd be necessary. I could easily see corporate send us an S&S 4D free fly next season, as it doesn't seem like it would be ridiculously expensive. And it seems like it would fit nicely where Ninja is right now.

Then again, I could be totally off.

If they do, for the love of God do a double removal and take the one at SFOG with it.

I don't understand why people hate the Ninja so much. Its a classic! Although it is rough( possibly more than boss) it is still a good ride, and if there is no line it will just make it easier to walk on and enjoy very quickly. Although, I wouldn't mind the S&S 4D coaster.

Edit: I miss the Boss.

What I'm really hoping is that this is the kickoff year of some major and awesome new rides. Ever since SkyScreamer which is probably the only really cool thing added in the last five years (Besides Mr Freeze: Reverse Blast and the fun Tsunami Soaker last year) It's been so long and everyone's been clamoring for a signature steel coaster for pretty much more than a decade. This August, it would make sense for them to finally drop the bombshell and announce it. Justice League is going to be amazing

I don't understand why people hate the Ninja so much. Its a classic! Although it is rough( possibly more than boss) it is still a good ride, and if there is no line it will just make it easier to walk on and enjoy very quickly. Although, I wouldn't mind the S&S 4D coaster.

Everyone wants it removed because it's an atrocious ride. I haven't been to SFSTL since 2010, so I can't comment on Boomerang, but when I visited I thought that even though they had a smaller collection of coasters they had one of the best American Thunder, Batman, Eagle, Boss and Freeze are above average to great rides mostly, than you have Ninja which is one of the worst coasters around.

Well, their version of Ninja is better than the one at Six Flags over Georgia by virtue of being shorter.

True, although the one at SFOG gets point for at least looking pretty over the lake, the one in St.Louis is more of an eyesore, both parks would be better off without them, even if they didn't replace them with anything else right away lol.

I went to St. Louis Six Flags yesterday. The park was packed. Ninja was down and The Boss was initially down. There is new wood on The Boss. I rode it once sitting in the back row. When I rode The Boss last year I said I would never ride it again as it was too rough. When I found out some new wood had been layed I gave it a shot. I have done a complete 180. The Boss rode great yesterday. When I got off I was so amazed I told all my friends, "I think this is the best wooden coaster I have ever been on". Four drops of 150',112',103',and 72'. Me likey.

We had an epic 2 1/2 hour wait for Batman. Never again. SFSTL Batman > SFGA Batman.

A lot of line jumpers. Some people evidently got into a fight at Superman. I saw them leaving on their way out. We had a few people line jump us. It wasn't worth the grief of getting into an argument. SFGA has signs up and a phone number you can call for line jumpers. St. Louis should consider doing the same.

An older security guard offered to help us take a photo without us asking him. I wanted to get his name and tell his boss, but we were short on time.

The Six Flags St. Louis staff is very friendly. The park is clean.

Not sure what the footprint of the 4D is compared to Ninja, but if it's smaller, that could be a great move. The park has already said that east will be their next expansion area. When they take out Ninja (it's a when, not an if), they should use the spot currently occupied by the queue and station for a path over the tracks to the east. That way there are two access points to the expansion, not just the one by Tidal Wave. This will leave a smaller footprint for Ninja's replacement (and Ninja's already pretty compact as it is), so a 4D S&S could really be a win for the park.

Not sure what the footprint of the 4D is compared to Ninja, but if it's smaller, that could be a great move. The park has already said that east will be their next expansion area. When they take out Ninja (it's a when, not an if), they should use the spot currently occupied by the queue and station for a path over the tracks to the east. That way there are two access points to the expansion, not just the one by Tidal Wave. This will leave a smaller footprint for Ninja's replacement (and Ninja's already pretty compact as it is), so a 4D S&S could really be a win for the park.

That would be cool, but sadly, they would probably name it Goliath.

I went to St. Louis Six Flags yesterday. The park was packed. Ninja was down and The Boss was initially down. There is new wood on The Boss. I rode it once sitting in the back row. When I rode The Boss last year I said I would never ride it again as it was too rough. When I found out some new wood had been layed I gave it a shot. I have done a complete 180. The Boss rode great yesterday. When I got off I was so amazed I told all my friends, "I think this is the best wooden coaster I have ever been on". Four drops of 150',112',103',and 72'. Me likey.

When I rode Boss in 2009, I really liked it and thought it ran great. Were the guerstlauer trains as good as PTC's? No. Was it the smoothest wooden coaster in the world? Absolutely not, but most CCI's aren't these days. Still, I didn't quite necessarily understand what seemed like heavy criticism of the ride.

It's still one of my top rides which I rank over Ghost Rider (even on a good day) and Tremors at Silverwood. I haven't been on the most elite of wooden coasters but I feel like Boss on a good day can be up near the top.

When I rode Boss in 2009, I really liked it and thought it ran great. Were the guerstlauer trains as good as PTC's? No. Was it the smoothest wooden coaster in the world? Absolutely not, but most CCI's aren't these days. Still, I didn't quite necessarily understand what seemed like heavy criticism of the ride.

It's still one of my top rides which I rank over Ghost Rider (even on a good day) and Tremors at Silverwood. I haven't been on the most elite of wooden coasters but I feel like Boss on a good day can be up near the top.

Honestly I think SFStl wooden collection is almost, if not as good as Holidays World. I'd rank The Voyage above all, but I'd take American Thunder, Screaming Eagle & Boss over Legend & especially Raven any day of the week.

The Boss is always hit or miss. It depends on the weather, seat position, etc, etc. Sometimes you get lucky and it rides great. Give it a few months with new wood and it will be beating the crap out of people again. It does have great potential (RMC), though.

OK, so what makes the Ninja a good ride?

What I'm really hoping is that this is the kickoff year of some major and awesome new rides. Ever since SkyScreamer which is probably the only really cool thing added in the last five years (Besides Mr Freeze: Reverse Blast and the fun Tsunami Soaker last year) It's been so long and everyone's been clamoring for a signature steel coaster for pretty much more than a decade. This August, it would make sense for them to finally drop the bombshell and announce it. Justice League is going to be amazing

It's April and people are already starting to fantasize about a new steel coaster announcement, before Justice League even opens. I know I can't be the only one who finds this comical, yet redundant.

So, anyway enough talk of more steel coaster/ninja/S&S 4D stuff does anyone have some more pictures of things on Opening Weekend? Im curious to see if they are still working on stuff around the park other than JL:BFM

I didn't take many pics but here are some "renovations" I noticed:

-Go Fresh Cafe and a new chicken restaurant are now sharing the space where Character Cafe was

-Smokehouse's patio has been extended with lots of new outdoor seating

-Palace has been repainted/freshened up

-The gift shop near Shazam is now called "Superheros and Villains" and has lots of Justice League merch

Go check out HWFan's post a few pages back. He has pictures of all the things I mentioned.

So, anyway enough talk of more steel coaster/ninja/S&S 4D stuff does anyone have some more pictures of things on Opening Weekend? Im curious to see if they are still working on stuff around the park other than JL:BFM

-Go Fresh Cafe and a new chicken restaurant are now sharing the space where Character Cafe was

-The gift shop near Shazam is now called "Superheros and Villains" and has lots of Justice League merch

Go check out HWFan's post a few pages back. He has pictures of all the things I mentioned.

Same here I didn'teven bring my camera seeing all the pics HWFan posted, it would seem redundant. Really I didn't even notice the expanded patio at JB's. Most of what I saw was just minor touch ups throught out the park, new paint here, new wood there, no one really big thing.

Same here I didn'teven bring my camera seeing all the pics HWFan posted, it would seem redundant. Really I didn't even notice the expanded patio at JB's. Most of what I saw was just minor touch ups throught out the park, new paint here, new wood there, no one really big thing.

What I'm wondering is if this Superheroes vs Villains store has actual Six Flags-licensed Justice League Battle for Metropolis merchandise and not just more DC Comics in general items

^ Yes, Excalibur is still at SFStL. I don't ride spinning rides so I don't pay a lot of attention to it to notice much downtime. But I did notice last year that it is in need of a fresh coat of paint.

Will Justice League: Battle For Metropolis Succeed At Six Flags?

Why/how would it fail?? I am sure it will be a huge hit for the regular crowd. I am not convinced, however, if it is really what the park needs. We will see if it boosts attendance, time will tell.