TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Does anyone think it's an indication of park popularity that a small park like HW has almost double the thread posts we have?

The vast majority of the HW thread posts are surrounding the build-up of hints & speculation around Thunderbird and some of the other big rides like Voyage. The hints and way HW announces their additions are the main cause of the page count.

AND the fact that HW is adding a noteworthy attraction.......

I think Battle For Metropolis is definitely noteworthy. There aren't nearly enough dark rides outside of Disney and Universal resorts, so it's great to see a company like Six Flags, notorious for cheap or nonexistent theming, pumping out high quality animatronics. Good coasters are easier to find than good dark rides, so I'm really excited to see the results!

Today I learned about some of the improments for this season. I believe HWfan already mentioned it but the biometric scanners are getting a software upgrade that should help with processing. The Palace should be getting painted. This off season the mechanics were allowed to take over a greenhouse at the park giving them more space to work, which we hope means that they will be able to get more roller coasters up to two trains quicker. The Moon Cars and the Looney Tooter both got painted. Mr. Freeze is getting some adjustments to help eliminate down time. I also learned some details about Justice League but I won't give those out (I'm sure the park will reveal them soon or maybe they will be a surprise) and based on these details this ride is going to be awesome and everyone should ride it once, even if you dont like dark rides. The height requirement is still being determined and will be announced later.

The 2015 season is shaping up to be one of our best seasons yet and I hope to see you guys in the park.

Yeah, I was hoping theyd do something to Mr Freeze, as it screwed up both times I was there. I wonder if JL will be anything like that Transformers ride, as I watched it on youtube, and it was badass.

Does anyone think it's an indication of park popularity that a small park like HW has almost double the thread posts we have?

The vast majority of the HW thread posts are surrounding the build-up of hints & speculation around Thunderbird and some of the other big rides like Voyage. The hints and way HW announces their additions are the main cause of the page count.

So basically, HW marketing > SFStl marketing.

HW marketing to the coaster enthusiast base > SFStl marketing to coaster enthusiasts

While Holiday World has very good marketing, I don't want to compare overall as none of us have comprehensive data showing the success of each park's marketing strategies. SF is definitely more corporate, but I can't say which is better overall rather than a very, very, very small demographic.

so if the how many pages of comments a park has holds true, SFSL is better than the Magic Kingdom? Let's keep using that logic!

If you have something to market.

so if the how many pages of comments a park has holds true, SFSL is better than the Magic Kingdom? Let's keep using that logic!

touche

Basically, HW > SfStl

I'm glad someone finally was able to make it basic enough for me to understand this subjective issue.

I think we need some more good news! (Disclaimer: This definitely makes me wayyyyy happier than it will probably make you.) But anyway, Guest Relations has received all new computers and related systems! Honestly at least 25% of wait times was from the computer speed, so this is great for everyone who will stop by this season. Unfortunately I won't be able to use my, "If only our computers were as fast as our coasters..." joke that I would say to Guests whenever the computer would take a while to load.

I never mentioned anything about the quality of the parks themselves. Just the marketing of two parks competing with each other. The fact is Holiday World has a much larger online reach. TPR's thread is just one example of that. Holiday World also has more Facebook likes, more twitter followers, etc. That's because they don't just do a press release and be done with it---they engage their online followers (whether they be on TPR, twitter, Facebook, instagram) and keep them hooked and talking about the park year round!

I also forgot to mention that Highland Fling is getting new gondolas. I don't know if the headlights are carrying over or not but Fling should look a lot better next year.

The Highland Fling cars are not new, they are actually the Wagon Wheel cars from SFFT (and before that SFOT). They are also the last remaining set in the Six Flags system, unless some park has some in their boneyard.

I also forgot to mention that Highland Fling is getting new gondolas. I don't know if the headlights are carrying over or not but Fling should look a lot better next year.

The Highland Fling cars are not new, they are actually the Wagon Wheel cars from SFFT (and before that SFOT). They are also the last remaining set in the Six Flags system, unless some park has some in their boneyard.

What about Orbit at Six Flags Great America?

If a smaller park like Fun Spot can operate an Enterprise, I am going to guess someone still manufacturers parts for it. Reverchon made the cars in the past, and Zamperla bought their assets.

• 3 weeks later...
Today I learned about some of the improments for this season. I believe HWfan already mentioned it but the biometric scanners are getting a software upgrade that should help with processing. The Palace should be getting painted. This off season the mechanics were allowed to take over a greenhouse at the park giving them more space to work, which we hope means that they will be able to get more roller coasters up to two trains quicker. The Moon Cars and the Looney Tooter both got painted. Mr. Freeze is getting some adjustments to help eliminate down time. I also learned some details about Justice League but I won't give those out (I'm sure the park will reveal them soon or maybe they will be a surprise) and based on these details this ride is going to be awesome and everyone should ride it once, even if you dont like dark rides. The height requirement is still being determined and will be announced later.

The 2015 season is shaping up to be one of our best seasons yet and I hope to see you guys in the park.

Very glad to hear they are adjusting Mr.Freeze! As my favorite coaster at the park, I ride it multiple times every trip I take, although back in late July/early August (I forgot the exact date) it was down every time I attempted to ride, which was nearly 4 times that day. I'm happy to hear they will be fixing it, I was getting worried it would be down for a while. Can't wait to come back and ride this Spring. Also not sure if you or anyone else can answer but why was it down so often? Have a great day!!