TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

SFSTL is scheduled to open on 04/03/2015. Although there is so much variance that applies to this question I have to ask it. How busy does SFSTL get on opening day/weekend? I went last year in late June and the lines were very short. NOTHING like my home SF park SFGA.

I just want to get an idea if it's worth it to drive nearly 6 hours to SFSTL on opening weekend or not.

Has anybody here every gone on opening day to SFSTL? If so please describe the experience

I'm really looking forward to Justice League. I'm curious how the queue will work as I doubt the queue that was placed to the left of the building when Scooby moved in will be sufficient enough for Justice League.

Also, totally random but I'm really surprised X Flight was not cloned for many of the Six Flags Parks like Batman was. I expected that for a couple of years after it was built at SFGAM.

SFSTL is scheduled to open on 04/03/2015. Although there is so much variance that applies to this question I have to ask it. How busy does SFSTL get on opening day/weekend? I went last year in late June and the lines were very short. NOTHING like my home SF park SFGA.

I just want to get an idea if it's worth it to drive nearly 6 hours to SFSTL on opening weekend or not.

Has anybody here every gone on opening day to SFSTL? If so please describe the experience

I bet itll be pretty crowded as it's Easter weekend. But yeah, it mainly depends on the weather. That time of year is kinda tricky, as it can feel really springlike, yet there have been times when it's snowed.

I'm really looking forward to Justice League. I'm curious how the queue will work as I doubt the queue that was placed to the left of the building when Scooby moved in will be sufficient enough for Justice League.

Also, totally random but I'm really surprised X Flight was not cloned for many of the Six Flags Parks like Batman was. I expected that for a couple of years after it was built at SFGAM.

I thought I had read somewhere that the whole queue would be enclosed. Wonder if they are adding more covered area or is the ride just using a smaller section of the old building?

I thought I had read somewhere that the whole queue would be enclosed. Wonder if they are adding more covered area or is the ride just using a smaller section of the old building?

The queue will be totally indoors, which will be great when it's hot. Unless something has changed, I know the original plans did not have the side outdoor Scooby waiting area included.

The queue will be totally indoors, which will be great when it's hot. Unless something has changed, I know the original plans did not have the side outdoor Scooby waiting area included.

Indoor queue on Justice League would be great for midday heat/sun breaks!

I'm curious if any of you fellow enthusiasts that are not in the area are going to make a special trip to SFStL for Justice League? Or do you intend to wait until we get a new Coaster?

Being from the area, I can't really answer that question, but I would assume, probably not many. I'm sure there may be a few that will if they are in the area, are passing by from park to park, or already have plans to visit, but just for Justice League seems unlikely.

There is not a whole lot going on at the park, you can see from the construction photos that there is not really much to see but walls (almost nothing to do with the new ride is even at the park yet). The ride has a late spring opening target date, which almost for sure means that it will not be open until sometime in May (basically corporate policy). I believe that park is getting a Go Fresh Café, Six Flags new healthy food offering that some of the other SF parks already have, but I don't know what it's replacing, I'd guess Character Cafe since it's menu was already similar.

If I'm planning a trip to a park that requires some significant planning/travel/expense, I am looking to have the best park experience I can find. Justice League looks like a great ride, don't get me wrong. However, unless I am already well traveled and have been everywhere else I'd want to go before Six Flags St. Louis, I'm probably going to look elsewhere.

For me to consider making a trip to the midwest from the east coast, the park would need some many more truly world class attractions that would make it worth the time, money, effort, and worthy of a visit over any other park that may offer a similar experience.

SFStl would need some very significant investment to be worth going out of my way to make a visit. There simply isn't enough at the park to keep me occupied/pleased. Justice League looks like great fun, but this park needs much more than a very good dark ride to interest me.

If I'm planning a trip to a park that requires some significant planning/travel/expense, I am looking to have the best park experience I can find. Justice League looks like a great ride, don't get me wrong. However, unless I am already well traveled and have been everywhere else I'd want to go before Six Flags St. Louis, I'm probably going to look elsewhere.

For me to consider making a trip to the midwest from the east coast, the park would need some many more truly world class attractions that would make it worth the time, money, effort, and worthy of a visit over any other park that may offer a similar experience.

SFStl would need some very significant investment to be worth going out of my way to make a visit. There simply isn't enough at the park to keep me occupied/pleased. Justice League looks like great fun, but this park needs much more than a very good dark ride to interest me.

BINGO

As much as I would love to have an awesome new Coaster this season, I'm still looking forward to Justice League.

I do think Justice League will be one of the best dark rides in the world (outside of Disney and Universal, of course).

I wish that the park publicly told people the reason for the removal of Scooby though. From the comments on all of SFSTL's social media accounts ("OMG why is Scooby gone?", "I loved Scooby, what is this?!"), it is apparent that the GP don't realize the condition that Scooby was in. Either way, I know that once people ride Justice League, they'll (hopefully) shut up.

When is the best time to visit the park? I want to go early in the season. Do they open right at Spring Break? I want to avoid that at all costs.

The first weekend of April, aka, Easter. I tried to look at the hours, but it wasn't working, but I think theyre only open on weekends in April-may, with full hours in summer. I think the best days to go would be on a sunday, as kids have school the next day.

When is the best time to visit the park? I want to go early in the season. Do they open right at Spring Break? I want to avoid that at all costs.

The first weekend of April, aka, Easter. I tried to look at the hours, but it wasn't working, but I think theyre only open on weekends in April-may, with full hours in summer. I think the best days to go would be on a sunday, as kids have school the next day.

The park opens April 3rd. I don't know the full schedule yet for 2015 either, but summer hours usually start about a week or two before Memorial day running through mid-August. And then going back to weekends only.

As we approach opening day and you're trying to plan a visit to the park, make sure to check the season pass holder bring a friend schedule. For example, a bring a friend free coupon can result in a busy park no matter what the weather is like that day.

I'm curious if any of you fellow enthusiasts that are not in the area are going to make a special trip to SFStL for Justice League? Or do you intend to wait until we get a new Coaster?

No way. I had a fun time at SFStL in 2013, and Justice League seems like it's a great step in the right direction for Six Flags dark rides, but if this ride is successful (and if I know Six Flags), this ride will slowly make it's way into other SF parks with old, out-of-date dark rides or otherwise abandoned simluation buildings (like the Right Stuff building @ SFGAdv). I'll wait until it's in my home park.

I dont really remember the Scooby Doo ride other then being in a boat. Im sure it was fine but relatively forgetful. This ride will hopefully leave more of a lasting impression. Hope they build more of these at other parks