TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I honestly don't understand how it doesn't make financial sense. All they have to do is look at the success of all the other conversions. Oh and I'm not for one minute buying that they're really trying to say that they don't want to sacrifice length, because the like how long the ride is. I'm sure the maintenance bill tells another story. The way I'm looking at it, why would he even tell anyone outside of his management team that the conversion is happening if it is happening? Either way, he's going to give you all the reason's it won't happen. All this talk of re-tracking and adding new trains, I'll believe it when I see it. I'd still bet my money on an RMC conversion, because I personally think he's bluffing.

Then I guess new Trains and Topper Track would be the best option, which is what Screamscape is saying in there latest submission.

Actually the report called for normal re-tracking and Timberliners from the TGG. That doesn't make any sense, because the Timberliners are the lightest (in terms of weight) of all the wooden coaster trains out there. It's already been mentioned on here that the current trains need a certain amount of weight to run the course. I guess they could re-profile the drop, but honestly, if they're going to spend all that money for new trains, redoing the drop, and re-tracking, they might as well go ahead and give the RMC treatment. Turn it into something new and marketable. That's just my opinion.

Just got an email with a Black Friday offer...

Six Flags Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale

Save 48% off on Six Flags St. Louis Season Passes and pay nothing until March! Includes season parking and Gold upgrade!

Six Flags St. Louis is hosting a private one-time only Black Friday / Cyber Monday Online Sale!

Now until Monday, Dec. 1 at 11:59pm.

Save 48% on Season Passes.

Includes Season Parking & Free Upgrade to our exclusive Gold status.

Pay now or pay nothing until March, 2015 (your choice). No credit check, no down payment.

HOWEVER, when you click BUY, it says it's only when you buy at least 4. Very misleading and nearly false advertising.

HOWEVER, when you click BUY, it says it's only when you buy at least 4. Very misleading and nearly false advertising.

Actually, it's not. It's spelled out very clearly on the website before you ever click anything that would allow you to purchase the passes. It's the same deal they offer all Fall - buy 4 to get the free gold upgrade. They don't have to offer the extras and you complain when they do? Some people clearly can't be pleased by anything Six Flags does...

Here's what is on the pass purchase page and it seems very clear to me:

Bonus Offer: Get a FREE upgrade to our exclusive Gold Level and FREE season parking when you buy at least four Season Passes now and process at the park by April 26.

I was just inquiring the reasons why... what's the harm in that??

It seems to always be the subjec

I honestly don't understand how it doesn't make financial sense. All they have to do is look at the success of all the other conversions. Oh and I'm not for one minute buying that they're really trying to say that they don't want to sacrifice length, because the like how long the ride is.

Simple answer, for the 15-18 million dollar price the RMC job would cost on the ENTIRE length of the Boss, the park could build a really good steel coaster and have an additional coaster in the park. It makes sense to me.

Actually the report called for normal re-tracking and Timberliners from the TGG. That doesn't make any sense, because the Timberliners are the lightest (in terms of weight) of all the wooden coaster trains out there. It's already been mentioned on here that the current trains need a certain amount of weight to run the course. I guess they could re-profile the drop, but honestly, if they're going to spend all that money for new trains, redoing the drop, and re-tracking, they might as well go ahead and give the RMC treatment. Turn it into something new and marketable. That's just my opinion.

I still think the ride is quite marketable to the GP,and reprofiling, new trains, etc. would still only cost a fraction of a complete RMC makeover. I do agree they need to figure out how to keep the train moving in colder weather.

Then I guess new Trains and Topper Track would be the best option, which is what Screamscape is saying in there latest submission.

Some of the designers from TGG are from CCI, who made The Boss. It makes sense to have the TGG figure out what to do with The Boss since the designed it. I'm pretty sure SFSTl wants a retrack and TGG will have some changes made in order for the Timberliners to work on The Boss.

Some of the designers from TGG are from CCI, who made The Boss. It makes sense to have the TGG figure out what to do with The Boss since the designed it. I'm pretty sure SFSTl wants a retrack and TGG will have some changes made in order for the Timberliners to work on The Boss.

I actually did hear that the guys from TGG were asked of their opinion of giving The Boss an RMC treatment, but never heard what their opinion actually was... I too would love Boss to get RMC, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. But all this talk with TGG popping up, it would be kind of cool if they could somehow do their own type of treatment... kind of like they did making Hades into Hades 360.... just changing certain parts of the ride instaed of the whole thing. I think it would actually be pretty badass if that could happen.

I would love to see The Boss get turned into Iron Boss, but I just unfortunately don't see it happening for reasons others have stated. Besides, maybe Screamin' Eagle could potentially get the RMC treatment because I can see plenty of potential for RMC to turn that coaster into an amazing one.

I would love to see The Boss get turned into Iron Boss, but I just unfortunately don't see it happening for reasons others have stated. Besides, maybe Screamin' Eagle could potentially get the RMC treatment because I can see plenty of potential for RMC to turn that coaster into an amazing one.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!.... how dare you say that LOL. I'm already horrified and disgusted that SF did that to Colossus. Screamin' eagle is a classis, so they better not ever alter or change it in any way. If they would do that to the Screamin' Eagle, I will be so depressed and possibly even have heart failure.

Twisted Colossus is going to be the worst RMC yet IMO. It's about half as long as the old version, has horrible pacing with the second lift hill and the only reason it will still be a good ride is the dueling aspect. If Screamin' Eagle got RMC'd it would have almost no good qualities, It should be left alone. As for the Boss getting Iron Horsed, I don't have a big problem with it as long as the length stays about the same.

^Twisted Colossus will be a million times better than the boring original version. It'll have something that will really shock most Californians: airtime.

I don't see Screamin' Eagle getting Iron Horsed though. I'm kind of hoping Dave is just making up the "ride is too long to refurb" stuff about Iron Boss just to throw us off, but I'm starting to think that's not the case.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!.... how dare you say that LOL. I'm already horrified and disgusted that SF did that to Colossus. Screamin' eagle is a classis, so they better not ever alter or change it in any way. If they would do that to the Screamin' Eagle, I will be so depressed and possibly even have heart failure.

Screaming Eagle doesn't really need it. The air time is quite good and I don't remember it being rough at all. Is it a modern day air-time machine? No. Nor does it need to be. Boss getting the attention would serve the park better, imo.

Neither Screaming Eagle nor Boss need RMC. Boss just needs to be re-tracked, and it's fine. The helix was re-tracked before this season, and it was the best part of the ride. It's my understanding that other parts of the ride are being similar refurb work over this off-season. If they keep up the maintenance schedule, Boss will be great for many more years.

^Twisted Colossus will be a million times better than the boring original version. It'll have something that will really shock most Californians: airtime.

I don't see Screamin' Eagle getting Iron Horsed though. I'm kind of hoping Dave is just making up the "ride is too long to refurb" stuff about Iron Boss just to throw us off, but I'm starting to think that's not the case.

I agree completely about Twisted Colossus. I rode Colossus for the first time in August, and it was a fun ride. However, I think a lot of the locals, especially, get too caught up in their own nostalgia for the ride. This phenomena really applies to a lot of parks when they close or change an old ride.

With the Boss, Dave is not trying to have some fun with throwing enthusiasts off. He is being straightforward, so you don't get your hopes up. Iron horse Boss or Screamin Eagle really isn't something that is realistic right now, although plans can change, so never say never.

Again, I understand you are very bias since you work for the park...but playing Devil's Advocate again...

That's MY job, pal.

Your new profile picture threw me off there! Out of all the devils advocates out there, you're the best, prozach.

But yea, I totally understand the track record, which points to bad maintenance. There is one reason why I think you should at least be more optimistic about this ride, however. From the first day it opened, Scooby had maintenance issues. A lot of these had to do with the small lift in the middle of the ride. The heavier boats with the new battery packs were too much for the lift to consistently carry without issue. I don't know why this wasn't addressed at the time, but Scooby was doomed from the beginning because of this, which was only made worse by issues with the flume, pumps, and plumbing due to its age. It was like putting makeup to cover a blemish or paint on rotting wood, especially when the wood wasn't even designed to take that type of paint in the first place. With this new ride, they are basically starting from scratch to create a ride where all of the infrastructure is designed for that ride alone. Even Scooby's maintenance budget that it received in the past would keep this new ride looking great. Plus, the Scooby boats needed almost constant work in the fiberglass shop due to their age. This is all I'm going to say, because in the end, only time will tell.

Stay safe, and we really appreciate your service. Being at SLU Monday night, I was very thankful for everyone keeping us safe. Even the dozen federal police living in the Federal Courthouse in E.STL where my mom works are much appreciated. Coasters aside, stay warm, and I'm supporting you all.