TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I wonder if Justice League will be ready by opening day.

With the current timeline, it will be physically done in terms of the ride itself (finishing touches on the area might still be needed) approximately a month before opening day. Luckily once the ride is set up, there isn't supposed to be really any test & adjust type issues. However, there could be little things here and there that might need tweaked.

Nobody, INCLUDING OFF DUTY POLICE OFFICERS, are NOT allowed to carry in the SFSTL. Any off duty that comes into the park MUST CHECK THEIR WEAPON IN with security. There are secured safes in an undislosed location where the officers will lock their weapons up, and they are the only ones with a key to that safe. If any off duty officer wants to carry into Six Flags, they will have a special little meeting with Security Management and will have strict rules set towards them telling them they can not participate in any attractions while carrying. ALL out of state off duty officers are not allowed to carry in the park at any time, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Sorry for the triple post, but I wanted to give some information regarding the photo above.

On Tuesday, the crane came to demolish the mansion facade opening the station up to the plaza. A few big holes has be put in some of the walls. This picture is taken basically with the old station and plaza behind the photographer. This picture really only shows around a third of the space inside of the building. It's absolutely massive in there.

When I was in the building over the weekend, all of the interior walls were down, but there were still a lot of places where the concrete rose and was overall very uneven, poured to suit the needs of the original ride. You can see some areas, besides the trough, where it looks like squares of concrete were cut out, all of the uneven sections had to be jack hammered and will be replaced when the concrete is poured over the trough.

Fun facts, while the ride was shuttered for a couple of years before Scooby was announced, the park had plans to turn the huge space into an indoor food court or modern centralized offices for the entire park if they were unable to get the budget for a ride.

Nobody, INCLUDING OFF DUTY POLICE OFFICERS, are NOT allowed to carry in the SFSTL. Any off duty that comes into the park MUST CHECK THEIR WEAPON IN with security. There are secured safes in an undislosed location where the officers will lock their weapons up, and they are the only ones with a key to that safe. If any off duty officer wants to carry into Six Flags, they will have a special little meeting with Security Management and will have strict rules set towards them telling them they can not participate in any attractions while carrying. ALL out of state off duty officers are not allowed to carry in the park at any time, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Hey Mr. Caps Lock, no one ever said anything about off duty officers carrying weapons into SFSTL or any other amusement park, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. You can relax, now.

Sorry for the triple post, but I wanted to give some information regarding the photo above.

On Tuesday, the crane came to demolish the mansion facade opening the station up to the plaza. A few big holes has be put in some of the walls. This picture is taken basically with the old station and plaza behind the photographer. This picture really only shows around a third of the space inside of the building. It's absolutely massive in there.

When I was in the building over the weekend, all of the interior walls were down, but there were still a lot of places where the concrete rose and was overall very uneven, poured to suit the needs of the original ride. You can see some areas, besides the trough, where it looks like squares of concrete were cut out, all of the uneven sections had to be jack hammered and will be replaced when the concrete is poured over the trough.

Fun facts, while the ride was shuttered for a couple of years before Scooby was announced, the park had plans to turn the huge space into an indoor food court or modern centralized offices for the entire park if they were unable to get the budget for a ride.

Thanks for the information. I wish there were some way they could have kept the boats, but that would probably be impossible. Did they end up just scrapping them? I'm sure someone would want one for something. Maybe they should display an old boat with a plaque commemorating the thousands of teenagers who made it to second base for the first time within that building...

Hey Mr. Caps Lock, no one ever said anything about off duty officers carrying weapons into SFSTL or any other amusement park, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. You can relax, now.

I never said anyone did. I was just putting it out there. Things get misinterpreted so easily on here very easily and I was just clarifying that after you said how easy it is is to get in places with your weapon that have checkpoints... thats all.

^^ One was used for a Fright Fest stage prop this year, along with an old bumper car, and it seems like the park is going to keep a few of the boats. They were using a few of the "Fright Lights" as prizes for drawings that employees were entered into if they received a compliment at GR during FF.

Most of them are basically at the end of their lifespan, so they can't be reused in a similar ride like at SFOG. Please have been posting, worried about JLBM's capacity, things like how Scooby had 22 four person boats. However, the ride actually operated with less than half of that for most of the last two seasons based on the condition of the boats.

I do a lot of work with St. Louis Children's Hospital Foundation and some of the plan/design staff. My biggest hope is to get a few for that building where they can be used as benches/seats in the new building's rooftop garden that will have a lot of huge native plants. Another idea is to use it, along with a repainted bumper car or two, as a gaming station or a place to watch TV.

There was another picture on Facebook that was posted. The black wall on the right that runs parallel to the trough was the location of the lift. You can see some paint on the walls, and the little alcove is where the attendant sat. (Number 13 on the layout below)

1636211583_ScreenShot2014-11-06at5_17_18PM.png.4116662a758a38a7671a6589b9ff1cc5.png

1102149975_ScreenShot2014-11-06at5_20_26PM.thumb.png.d8b2c680e4d59e726d58f6233a1740ab.png

I never said anyone did. I was just putting it out there. Things get misinterpreted so easily on here very easily and I was just clarifying that after you said how easy it is is to get in places with your weapon that have checkpoints... thats all.

Understood. You went a little crazy on the caps, so it made you sound like you were upset or something. Either way, thanks for the information and sorry about the misunderstanding. I'm sure there have been more than a few badged fools who thought riding a roller coaster and carrying pistol was perfectly fine.

Understood. You went a little crazy on the caps, so it made you sound like you were upset or something. Either way, thanks for the information and sorry about the misunderstanding. I'm sure there have been more than a few badged fools who thought riding a roller coaster and carrying pistol was perfectly fine.

You would be surprised, well maybe not you particularly, of how many of them think they can do whatever they and then act like they are God and think Security must bow down to them. Lets just put it this way, "rumor" has it one lost his job for some antics he pulled at metal detection while coming as a guest with his weapon.... yes he had some other issues his department was dealing with with him already, but it was the fiasco he started at metal detection that was the final straw for him which lost him his commission

As much as I know how many people hate metal detection, trust me, if you only knew what kinds of items have been found there and how much is turned away, you would change your mind INSTANTLY. TRUST ME, TRUST ME, TRUST ME!!!

Doesn't bother me. I just want to be able to protect myself. This is why I don't give certain places my money.

I'm not going to get into a gun debate on here because this is not the forum for that.

As much as I know how many people hate metal detection, trust me, if you only knew what kinds of items have been found there and how much is turned away, you would change your mind INSTANTLY. TRUST ME, TRUST ME, TRUST ME!!!

Doesn't bother me. I just want to be able to protect myself. This is why I don't give certain places my money.

I'm not going to get into a gun debate on here because this is not the forum for that.

Absolutely understandable, the problem though is that many people think its a company policy, but its actually state law.

571.107. 1.(13) Any gated area of an amusement park. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the amusement park shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

^^ One was used for a Fright Fest stage prop this year, along with an old bumper car, and it seems like the park is going to keep a few of the boats. They were using a few of the "Fright Lights" as prizes for drawings that employees were entered into if they received a compliment at GR during FF.

Most of them are basically at the end of their lifespan, so they can't be reused in a similar ride like at SFOG. Please have been posting, worried about JLBM's capacity, things like how Scooby had 22 four person boats. However, the ride actually operated with less than half of that for most of the last two seasons based on the condition of the boats.

I do a lot of work with St. Louis Children's Hospital Foundation and some of the plan/design staff. My biggest hope is to get a few for that building where they can be used as benches/seats in the new building's rooftop garden that will have a lot of huge native plants. Another idea is to use it, along with a repainted bumper car or two, as a gaming station or a place to watch TV.

From my understanding via the interview with John Woods (Sally Corp), though we are getting 7 vehicle, it is worked "in" (I'm guessing the budget) to up the capacity within the next couple of years if need be.

There was another picture on Facebook that was posted. The black wall on the right that runs parallel to the trough was the location of the lift. You can see some paint on the walls, and the little alcove is where the attendant sat. (Number 13 on the layout below)

So I'm guessing JLBFM is going to follow this exact same layout??

Absolutely understandable, the problem though is that many people think its a company policy, but its actually state law.

571.107. 1.(13) Any gated area of an amusement park. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the amusement park shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

That's where this lovely section of the law fixes that.

2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this

section by any individual who holds a concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121

shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises.

If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a

citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense. If a second citation for a

similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two

hundred dollars and his or her permit to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year.

If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be

fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry permit revoked

and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry permit for a period of three years.

This means if I'm asked to leave I must, but if you don't see it, you don't know about it and it's not a criminal act.

We can continue to discuss this via PM if you would like, I really don't want to clog up this thread with a debate.

No. It will not. It will be more compact in its own layout, and it is expected to be ready for opening days, unless you had heard something I hadn't.

No. It will not. It will be more compact in its own layout, and it is expected to be ready for opening days, unless you had heard something I hadn't.

Ok...cool on the layout. No, I haven't heard anything, just a guess since most "new" rides haven't been ready come opening day. I really hope it is open come April!

Ok...cool on the layout. No, I haven't heard anything, just a guess since most "new" rides haven't been ready come opening day. I really hope it is open come April!

The park closed Scooby early to make sure they would have plenty of time. Of course, there's the possibility that something could come up, delaying the opening. I was told that most of the vehicles, track, and set pieces are already completed and just waiting to be shipped and installed. I also think that the companies involved with the ride and their experience with demanding clients like Universal can only help in terms of insuring an on time opening.

The main thing I'm worried about is that there will only be 1 animatronic during the ride. Then again, Spider-Man at Universal is one of my favorite rides of all time and it has none.

What is the animatronic? Superman, Joker, etc.?

I believe it's the Joker. There's also going to be one in the queue to inform guests how to use the guns, but I don't remember the name of the superhero.