TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Suggestion time?

Please, please make a separate, designated front seat queue for The Boss and for The Screaming Eagle. Both stations have a the room near the front of the train, and would would make the lines for both rides move much, much faster. I've never understood why this hasn't been done in the past as (for example) at the Screaming Eagle, ride ops constantly have to remind everyone to keep the line moving as people try to squeeze in the front seat line. Same thing seems to happen at the Boss as well.

Also? More vegetarian-friendly food options would keep me from leaving the park for food. I like cheese pizza, but not that much. Maybe a simple veggie burger at Mooseburger Lodge? Thanks!

Robb is begging me for more posts so I will do my part.

I thought there was a veggie or black bean burger. My mom eats at Mucho Nacho.

Now my wife will ask for more gluten free options and I want more low carb options, but that kind of goes against the McFood system of SF.

As for queue issues how about what I tell my kids "You sit where you sit and you don't throw a fit!"

I love the season pass. If they start acting up I will march them right back out to the car and they know I mean it.

I like to ride state of the art roller coasters. I usually could care less about anything else. Occasionally my wife and I throw in a log flume, a dark ride, a random flat, or a rapids ride (depending on how many beers we've consumed), but roller coasters are really our (my) main draw. We don't have kids and we don't watch the shows, because frankly... shows are really freaking lame. A Bugs Bunny parade of "Micky Mouse Dance Party" aren't what I call a good time. I still don't understand how a grown man without kids can enjoy Disney...

A family man such as myself who have 2 children and soon another, They might appear lame to you...but they aren't lame to a young child. Theme parks can't just cater to the the hard core roller coaster enthusiasts all the time. A successful theme park has to cater to everyone. I really don't get why so many people hate this park.. I love it and enjoy working there too.

That's why I emphasized that I don't understand how someone without kids can enjoy shows, etc. I understand their place, but I have yet to... evolve... to that level (aka I have no kids). Someday I'll have to tolerate it more and may enjoy it on some level. It's the childless adults who rock out to Disney Dance Party with Goofy and Micky who blow my mind. It's like watching a grown man play with dolls.

Some people just live a more gay lifestyle. (In the traditional sense of the word). It makes them happy. Just like grown men spending good money collecting Lego sets or even watching the old Disney movies or collecting comic books or getting excited about some Justice Leauge dark ride. My kids and myself could care less about super heroes but the theme park crowd sure seems to dig it.

You are to young to turn into grumpy old man.

I guess I have a few suggestions for the park:

-Would love even more Coke Freestyle Machines. The park already has 6 right (2 in the sports bar, 2 inside Mooseburger, and 3 outside Mooseburger) and they are awesome. The more the merrier!

-Fix up Batman's queue. Those fake rocks and styrofoam fire hydrant are by far the biggest issue I have in pretty much the entire park. They look so bad, I don't know why somebody couldn't go out and pick them up. It would take like two minutes at the most. Or if not, put back the police car which made them look more natural.

-Get rid of Voided Vision. I've been through it three times (this year and last), and I've only been started one time. And I get startled easily in haunted houses. The maze also is not even pitch black (you can see the ceiling above you), which is supposed to be the point of the maze. The pitch black concept does not work at all, and you can tell by looking at the line. The stand-by line looked to be less than 5 minutes long my last visit, while Slaughter House's stretched all the way to the mine train, and that one pumps through guests extremely quickly.

-I'd love a demented fairy tale type maze. I don't know why, it just seems like it would be a fun one. Maybe a walk through maze out in the woods? I'd really like a long maze, because as good as Blind Fury and Insanity Alley are, the park needs a nice long maze, around 15-20 minutes maybe.

-Clean up the gum and random hair bands in the Screamin' Eagle queue. That's just flat out disgusting.

-Regarding the front entrance: That was a mess during Fright Fest. Is there a possibly way to expand the plaza or add some more turnstiles/finger scanners?

How about a freakin Coke Freestyle in HH where people are actually freakin thirsty!

Dynamite is the only thing that will fix the queue at Batman.

Haven't been to FF this year. To freakin busy. Maybe Saturday.

Hey, some of that gum is probably mine from when I was 9! That should qualify as a historical landmark. I have a second generation that needs to place their mark!

Maybe "Joe the Walmart Greeter" isn't the best choice to run those new fangled thingies.

My last visit, to make it quicker they were just scanning passes with a hand thing instead of making people scan their fingers. Since there aren't pictures on the passes anymore, people could have easily just used their friends to get in. Not that it really matters, I just thought it was humorous.

Woodie, I doubt that is a real problem because you never know when they are going to do that, I would certainly never try to roll the dice like that.

I think it is a great solution because getting into the park on busy days has always been an major problem. They are not selling you stuff and making money if you are standing in line outside the park trying to get in.

A complete redesign makeover of the front entrance would be nice. I haven't been to our park in 3 or 4 years but I probably can assume it hasn't changed. The security booths look tacky and temporary and everything else is rundown. The fountain which used to be the centerpiece is now off to the side and mostly ignored I'm betting. Functionally and aesthetically it could use a redesign for sure.

Edited by SteveStL

I concur with Steve and in addition there is a major problem with the process.

How is it that getting through security is a breeze (including bag checks) but getting scanned in is such a bottleneck? It just doesn't make sense to me. Certainly the scanning equipment/software is flawed but as nice and friendly as the attendants are they just seem as slow as the Post Office. Doesn't make for a good first impression.

Honestly I think 2014 was one of the best seasons SFSTL has had in a long time. The employees this year were extremely kind and enthusiastic, the food options have gotten better and better with the addition of JB's, and the park looked a lot nicer. I'm really looking forward to next year, Justice League should be an awesome addition.

I just got home from closing the park tonight. If terms of your suggestions, I have them all down, but I am saving them for a couple of weeks until I can get full answers and have enough time dedicated to discussing them.

These last two weekends were absolutely insane in terms of the amount of people that came out and passes sold. I got to spend some good time inside the Scooby/JLBM show building. Basically all of the walls have been torn down with the entire building cleared. The trough is filled and packed with dirt up to a couple inches to the top. They'll have to pour the concrete there. I also didn't realize how much uneven concrete is in the ride from when it was built in terms of small slopes and six inch steps here and there. Once that is all gotten rid of and leveled, they'll start installing all of the new stuff. On Tuesday, a crane will come in to demolish the front mansion facade. January is when the track install starts, and most of the ride (vehicles, track, and set pieces) are already built off-site. While they don't want any pictures posted right now, I'll see if it's okay in a couple of weeks.

I just got home from closing the park tonight. If terms of your suggestions, I have them all down, but I am saving them for a couple of weeks until I can get full answers and have enough time dedicated to discussing them.

These last two weekends were absolutely insane in terms of the amount of people that came out and passes sold. I got to spend some good time inside the Scooby/JLBM show building. Basically all of the walls have been torn down with the entire building cleared. The trough is filled and packed with dirt up to a couple inches to the top. They'll have to pour the concrete there. I also didn't realize how much uneven concrete is in the ride from when it was built in terms of small slopes and six inch steps here and there. Once that is all gotten rid of and leveled, they'll start installing all of the new stuff. On Tuesday, a crane will come in to demolish the front mansion facade. January is when the track install starts, and most of the ride (vehicles, track, and set pieces) are already built off-site. While they don't want any pictures posted right now, I'll see if it's okay in a couple of weeks.

Sounds exciting! I know Oceaneering will have the unveiling of the new vehicles (Evolution 6) at IAAPA come mid November. I will be following to see the new vehicles as well as instillation updates!

Ive said it once and I'll say it agian.... I would love nothing more than an kickass steel at our park, but truthfully over seeing how the park is turning more into a dump again, I'd rather see them drop a sh!t ton of money into sprucing the park up...

Landscaping: Grass, grass, grass / flowers / bushes / small chaining on corners of grassy areas to keep people off of it like they used to have

Maintenance: paint, paint, paint, paint.... did I say paint? / facades / paint / path repairs / paint / fix fences / paint / carpentry work / paint

New entrance and GR area... all the way from metal detection to the front mall shops... they actually had plans to do this a few years back, but it all fell through. It would have given metal detection a permanent structure, the redesign of the large fountain/ flag area, new restrooms, new GR, and a new season pass center including its own entrance.

As much as I know how good this new Justice league ride will be, I would rather have seen them put all 7 million into fixing up the park.

Ive said it once and I'll say it agian.... I would love nothing more than an kickass steel at our park, but truthfully over seeing how the park is turning more into a dump again, I'd rather see them drop a sh!t ton of money into sprucing the park up...

Actually at least since 2012, the park has been getting more and more money to help refurbish the existing structures. A lot of the work had to be done in areas or to things that most people don't really notice or see. For 2015, there are a few big projects to spruce things up.

Landscaping: Grass, grass, grass / flowers / bushes / small chaining on corners of grassy areas to keep people off of it like they used to have

Landscaping this year was amazing in some parts while shaky in others. However, look for this to only get better in the coming years. In terms of the chains that used to be on all of the curbs around the park, too many people were tripping over them and getting hurt, leading to their demise. You can still see all of the filled in holes in the curbs in most places.

New entrance and GR area... all the way from metal detection to the front mall shops... they actually had plans to do this a few years back, but it all fell through. It would have given metal detection a permanent structure, the redesign of the large fountain/ flag area, new restrooms, new GR, and a new season pass center including its own entrance.

The park would still really like to do this and is even looking at smaller ways to better increase the flow in that area before they can eventually (there's no time frame yet) replace everything. Especially with the technology really increasing with biometrics and Universal parks, for example, using kiosks for ticket sales, you really want to do it right. And trust me, nobody here wants to see a new GR building more than I do.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but looking at what the company was dealing with just a few years ago, the budgets for things like that will (and this is in my personal opinion judging by the trends and things I've seen) slowly grow in the coming years. For example, 2013 was the biggest Fright Fest ever, completely blowing 2012 away. Then, 2014 was expanded even more. Now, using a lot of input after the last two years, 2015 will be expanded even more with a lot of the rough edges smoothed out and whole attractions ditched.

Are those Metal Detectors even necessary??? If Disney/Busch Gardens doesn't need em, then surely our little park doesn't need them either. They are not inviting and just ugly up the place

There is a lot behind why Disney/Busch don't have them and we do. However, after two years, I find myself very thankful for them keeping metal detectors at the park. They may not look nice or be inconvenient, but they are in everyone's best interests.

Are those Metal Detectors even necessary??? If Disney/Busch Gardens doesn't need em, then surely our little park doesn't need them either. They are not inviting and just ugly up the place.
There is a lot behind why Disney/Busch don't have them and we do. However, after two years, I find myself very thankful for them keeping metal detectors at the park. They may not look nice or be inconvenient, but they are in everyone's best interests.

Though it is annoying sometimes, I do appreciate the metal detectors. It's "chaotic" sometimes going to a Cardinal's or Ram's game too. And as far as the Rams, I can't eve take in my "normal" sized purse anymore! But for that "price" and due to terrorism/"crazies" in the world, I rather have a piece of mind at the game and SFSL for me, my husband, kids and friends!!

Edited by pkgdel5

Are those Metal Detectors even necessary??? If Disney/Busch Gardens doesn't need em, then surely our little park doesn't need them either. They are not inviting and just ugly up the place

Though it is annoying sometimes, I do appreciate the metal detectors. It's "chaotic" sometimes going to a Cardinal's or Ram's game too. And as far as the Rams, I can't eve take in my "normal" sized purse anymore! But for that "price" and due to terrorism/"crazies" in the world, I rather have a piece of mind at the game and SFSL for me, my husband, kids and friends!!

Edited by pkgdel5