TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Stopped by the park for about 4 hours this afternoon was a pretty busy day. Took a few pictures with the phone of some Fright Fest setup and a couple things I hadn't noticed before. Wanted to ride the train to get some pictures of the setup there, but for some reason we skipped it. We did notice some of the dancers rehearsing while we were eating at MooseBurger, they finished up by time we got down to the Palace to take any pics, looked like the similar Red and Black outfits from last year.

Overall the day was not bad, but as in previous visits operations seem on the slow part. I'm scared if they have a huge turnout for Fright Fest the park won't keep up.

Also, the main entrance turnstiles were divided up very weirdly- a large section in the middle for pass processing, and smaller sections on either side for tickets and passes. This could cause some major backups if they keep it this way for Fright Fest.

IMG_0209.thumb.JPG.695fbc36d1f5d0aad03ffc7184876c7e.JPG

Clown haunt area near Batman

IMG_0210.thumb.JPG.63ce38f7b15824780388ebf4cf8dde91.JPG

Price points for Fright Fest, I don;t think any change from last year.

IMG_0211.thumb.JPG.8cde3e57dcabbcbf4898672f6a6a51f1.JPG

Sign in front of The Boss, I hadn't noticed before.

IMG_0212.thumb.JPG.34e9aed5598528c7509f67b995c6a054.JPG

Covering queue entrance to Scooby

IMG_0213.thumb.JPG.aba0c42af5a976c54ba82f73988007d2.JPG

Deadbeats stage in front of Scooby. No other construction or deconstruction was noticeable from the outside.

IMG_0214.thumb.JPG.7592c2f8c301ce9a84525ba714179969.JPG

Another picture of Scooby.

IMG_0215.thumb.JPG.8d926c3efbee2d2b7cda6f86e89e98fb.JPG

New Zombie? haunt area near the Log Flume.

IMG_0217.thumb.JPG.c47a957158101cd986b005e126ae31ae.JPG

Spider nest located across from Moon Cars, very well done.

Also, the main entrance turnstiles were divided up very weirdly- a large section in the middle for pass processing, and smaller sections on either side for tickets and passes. This could cause some major backups if they keep it this way for Fright Fest.

The turnstiles have been like that for most of the season. The park now processes season passes at the turnstiles, so that's why they have a section for pass processing. Regular daily ticket visitors don't need their fingerprint scanned.

The turnstiles have been like that for most of the season. The park now processes season passes at the turnstiles, so that's why they have a section for pass processing. Regular daily ticket visitors don't need their fingerprint scanned.

As the season has progressed, multiple ways of handling processing passes, returning passes, and one days tickets at the front gate has changed. Right now, with the signs above the gate, the balance between returning pass areas and new pass processing is still being worked on. As the system evolves, more changes are not unexpected if they occur.

Went to the park on Sunday as well. This year there are more decorations and better attention to detail. They have new cornstalks, pumpkins and scarecrow creepers in the Mine Train platform and moved the alien creepers over to the SkyScreamer along with their spaceship. The deadbeats stage incorporates a boat from Scooby and also an old bumper car. Also saw parts of rehearsals in front of the Palace Theater. The dance moves looked new. The music they were rehearsing to was as well. The costumes looked different than last year except for the red and black coloring. On the way out, they had a zombie scaring kids or taking photos with them. The attention to detail on his make up was awesome. He had just bit into a blood capsule and had a nice puddle of blood in front of him which added to the creepy factor.

On a different note, Mr Freeze Reverse Blast had a minor technical difficulty which scared a few people away but was resolved in about 5-7 minutes after maintenance got there. Worked out great because it allowed us to pretty much walk right on it.

IMG_2464.thumb.JPG.e9458e8011adead6d63dd7927368f8b1.JPG

The dead coming to life - kind of hidden in Zombieville near Rush Street Flyer/Boomerang

IMG_2473.thumb.JPG.bd7859e16ef56d14befb7505674e9878.JPG

Victims near Log Flume in Gnawlins' Hollow

IMG_2471.thumb.JPG.2a1be649df24c06bf1322a9183574143.JPG

I want to go to Fright Fest, but don't know if I have the guts.

Fright Fest 2014 guide is up at - https://www.sixflags.com/sites/default/files/sfsl_ffentertainmentguide.pdf.

A couple of other changes for this year are that the entrance to Insanity Alley is now on the Joker side (former exit, entrance/exit switched around) and The McBoogles that have been overlayed on the Moon Cars for several years is now a walkthrough through the Scooby-Doo que line.

When I lived out of state and would come to St. Louis for a family visit I only had one day at the park so I would get flash passes. Now that I live here again I never get them because I can find weekdays to go on the long line rides. IMHO you should consider one if the big rides are your thing.

I'm planning on visiting the park on Saturday, October 18. Do any of you guys know what to expect in regards to line lengths for the rides? I typically visit the park in September and the lines aren't usually that bad. Is a Flash Pass in order?[/quote

It really all depends ontheweather, we have been on Fright Fest days that were exceptionally cold and attendance was less than the slowest summer day. Also keep in mind, you will have 12 hours atthe park to do everything you want. Arrive at opening and you ccould have eveything knocked out beforethe crowds really arrive around 5 pm and later. Simple answer- high temperature above 55-60 get a flash pass, under save your money.

I'm planning on visiting the park on Saturday, October 18. Do any of you guys know what to expect in regards to line lengths for the rides? I typically visit the park in September and the lines aren't usually that bad. Is a Flash Pass in order?

I highly recommend getting a Flash Pass. Fright Fest is the busiest time for the park and the lines last year for most major rides was over an hour. Also try and ride Boss as soon as you can, if its warm enough to open there will be a monster of a line and if the temperature drops too much it will be closed early.

Is there some technical reason they close The Boss under a certain temperature? A ski mask seems fitting at Fright Fest to me.

I'm planning on visiting the park on Saturday, October 18. Do any of you guys know what to expect in regards to line lengths for the rides? I typically visit the park in September and the lines aren't usually that bad. Is a Flash Pass in order?

If there's families, I would imagine that most of them would be leaving by 10 pm. I went there a few Sundays ago and by 4:30, there wasnt any wait for some of the rides. Only big wait I had was Mr Freeze, but that was due to technical issues.

Any more rumors of the Boss getting the Iron Horse/RMC treatment? I mostly hear "yea" but I saw a post (on a different site) that claims Dave said the ride is too long! Hope that post isn't true!!!

Where did you hear that?

I actually believe I've posted that here sometime in 2013 as well. Either way, if the Iron Boss was announced for 2016, I would be in utter shock. The issue with the length is just the price tag of the transformation, and whether or not it's worth having to tear out part of the ride or something.

Any more rumors of the Boss getting the Iron Horse/RMC treatment? I mostly hear "yea" but I saw a post (on a different site) that claims Dave said the ride is too long! Hope that post isn't true!!!

Where did you hear that?

I actually believe I've posted that here sometime in 2013 as well. Either way, if the Iron Boss was announced for 2016, I would be in utter shock. The issue with the length is just the price tag of the transformation, and whether or not it's worth having to tear out part of the ride or something.

They don't have to use the whole track length, TC for example.

Where did you hear that?

It was on another forum about coasters receiving RMC treatment. Will try to find it again and post....

Where did you hear that?

OK...but I saw on a different forum (and a very recent post). Will try to find again... My daughter worked at SFSTL, and there were rumors of an Iron Boss!

But if not an Iron Boss, I sure hope we get something (coaster wise) new and fun! SFSTL has a lot of "extra" land they could use....

But we are still excited about the Justice League ride as well.

Where did you hear that?

It was on another forum about coasters receiving RMC treatment. Will try to find it again and post....

Copy of the link to the forum...but copy and past into a new window. It doesn't seem to work if you click directly in link below.

http://www.negative-g.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5053