TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

After getting to learn a lot of really cool things about the ride as well as some of the general park improvements slated for 2015, I just wanted to add that like Pandemonium, the ride vehicles will not stop in the station unless someone like me in a wheelchair needs to get on (I always feel bad backing up the cars on Pandemonium). This will reduce load/unload times, increasing capacity. I know that certain members here don't care about little things like that, but I thought it was interesting. Also, if you come to the park, there are all kinds of signs around Scooby-Doo advertising the new ride. One of them that went up this weekend actually has a really cool graphic of what the front Hall of Justice entrance is going to look like.

"If you go on a lot of the rides at Disney or Universal parks, a lot of times the queue has some kind of large hall towards the beginning. While our hall may not include multi-million dollar goblin animatronics, it will have the same type of effect in setting the stage for the attraction." - Dave Roemer

By the way, can I just say how great Dave is at what he does? If you ever see him, don't hesitate to introduce yourself. I'm told that he is the most down to earth park president in the chain (maybe because he started in the mail room, applying just because he had some time to kill before his interview at the Chrysler plant). He isn't perfect, just like the rest of Six Flags, but he absolutely blows me away with his caring for the park's employees and Guests. (Dave Doesn't read these forums, so I'm not just trying to suck up )

By the way, can I just say how great Dave is at what he does? If you ever see him, don't hesitate to introduce yourself. I'm told that he is the most down to earth park president in the chain (maybe because he started in the mail room, applying just because he had some time to kill before his interview at the Chrysler plant). He isn't perfect, just like the rest of Six Flags, but he absolutely blows me away with his caring for the park's employees and Guests. (Dave Doesn't read these forums, so I'm not just trying to suck up )

SUCK UP!!! J/K

I agree. I see him out chatting with the guests at the park getting their opinions face to face and thanking them for visiting the park as they exit at the end of the day. It is very apparent that he cares a lot about the guest experience and he does the best that he can with what he has.

Hello, this is my first official post so please take this kindly. First, I live in the STL area and been to the park a couple of times within the last year. However I am constantly active on this site. I just want to state what I would like to see at Six Flags soon. Well first, Tidal Wave is getting kinda old. Oh and I wouldn't want to replace it with a coaster. Kinda. Now this isn't very logical for many reasons, but what if they tore down Tidal Wave and put in a Intamin Water Coaster? Yea its way to expensive but that would be an amazing ride to have at the park. I know that's not gonna happen, but a man can dream right? Secondly, I would love to see another thrill ride in the park. Recently, the rides have been family oriented, and I would love to see something like Voodoo at DK. That's pretty much it. But, one thing to think about, what would you rather have Six Flags built in multiple parks? The 360 degree looping coasters like Bourbon Street Burn? Or an El Loco style coaster made by S&S World Wide? Thanks!

^ Welcome!

Tidal Wave is old, sure, but it's got a decent capacity, and water rides are pretty popular in the sometimes miserable St. Louis summers. I don't see them taking it out, but if they do, I imagine they would replace it with another water ride. I don't think there's any chance of an Intamin water coaster, though of course I would not object....

I do see them going with a thrill ride next in 2016. The park was lacking in family rides, and also had a couple areas that were in dire need of renovation--especially the Hannibarrels site. So the last couple of years' additions solved two problems at once, and the Justice League ride continues that trend. So for the next addition, we need to look at what area of the park could stand some perking up. I for one am hoping Ninja is replaced with a good coaster. It's 25 years old now, and until Boomerang was installed was the oldest steel coaster at the park. The footprint isn't huge, but it's big enough. An El Loco in that spot would be a huge improvement.

And no, I don't want a Super Loop.

Hello, this is my first official post so please take this kindly. First, I live in the STL area and been to the park a couple of times within the last year. However I am constantly active on this site. I just want to state what I would like to see at Six Flags soon. Well first, Tidal Wave is getting kinda old. Oh and I wouldn't want to replace it with a coaster. Kinda. Now this isn't very logical for many reasons, but what if they tore down Tidal Wave and put in a Intamin Water Coaster? Yea its way to expensive but that would be an amazing ride to have at the park. I know that's not gonna happen, but a man can dream right? Secondly, I would love to see another thrill ride in the park. Recently, the rides have been family oriented, and I would love to see something like Voodoo at DK. That's pretty much it. But, one thing to think about, what would you rather have Six Flags built in multiple parks? The 360 degree looping coasters like Bourbon Street Burn? Or an El Loco style coaster made by S&S World Wide? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Didn't there used to be water at the top of the lift on Tidal Wave? Where'd it go?

Water used to go down the drop but the pump went out part way through the season. I not sure if they finished rebuilding it before the end of Tidal Wave's operations season, but it should be back next season.

Thanks for the answer! Any idea about the water that used to be in the flume as you round the corner before the drop?

Pretty sure when Tidal Wave opened, it had water in the flume. Has it been dry so long no one remembers water ever being there? It could also be that I'm confused. Aquaman Splashdown (Six Flags Over Texas), Splashwater Falls (Six Flags Over Georgia) and Whitewater Falls (Carowinds) had water in their flumes. They are all Shoot the Chute rides by Hopkins. Maybe it's a design flaw where the flumes no longer hold water after a certain length of time.

The Tidal Wave flume has always been empty after the lift.

I only rode it once, during it's opening season, and I still remember how strange I thought that was at the time. Lots of squeaks as the boat rounded the corner!

I believe the ride opened in 1991 so 2010 is quite a few years after its debut. I was just curious what happened to the water. Was it a mechanical issue since other rides of the same type still have water in their flumes. I'd have to say the experience is a little different. Floating versus rolling along an empty trough. Ultimately, you still get wet.

The gutting of Scooby-Doo went into overdrive this week, last week was just removal of the boats and other small items, this week full set pieces were taken out of the building and all the story boards in the line were taken down. I don't think that you will see much done to the outside of the ride until after the season has ended , The Dead Beats stage was placed right in front of the ride (the Scooby van out front is gone as well, likely for good in this area). The freak show stage for Fright Fest is located right next to Sound Stage No. 2 (where it's been the last couple years), but with Tsunami Soaker taking up more room, this may be a crowd bottleneck on a busy Fright Fest day.

The clown area including the tunnel/walkthrough and all of the props are in front of Batman (where Turbo Bungy was in that corner area) this year for Fright Fest.

Okay cool. The area last year was very elaborate, and so was the cannibal-themed one. I'm glad it'll be just as good this year.

Can't wait to go for Fright Fest next Friday. It's always a fun time.