TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

think I read somewhere that SF has a contract with RMC - wonder if that agreement had a specific number of Conversion attached to it.

I actually talked to Dave Roemer about this "contract" that everyone has been talking about. Basically unless corporate is hiding something from hi, that contract is just a rumor. Either way, he said that it has, to his knowledge, no impact whatsoever on the Boss getting converted.

Oh don't get me wrong, I know there are people who understand and totally get it. I appreciate the hell out of those type of people. It is the ones (in general) who complain/ say it is the worst service they've ever had and then threaten to never come back who drive me nuts.

We went on Saturday and had a great day. Crowds were light in the park. Longest wait we had was 10 minutes for Pandemonium (although my little guys aren't tall enough for Boss, American Thunder, Batman or Mr. Freeze, and I did not get a chance to see what those lines looked like). It was hot so I would imagine HH was pretty full. We easily processed our 2015 season passes and dining passes and picked up our cups and enjoyed some free beverages. We had no problems with service for our lunch and dinner. You can't beat the value of deal they put on this past weekend. HWFan, thanks for the heads up.

I asked this a few pages but no one knew exactly for sure.. What type of repair has RMC done on The Boss? This was taken off RMC website

If I'm not mistaken, the RMC work on the Boss was a few years back, and it was mainly the installation of the L shaped side brackets put in place to keep the laminated stack of wood on the track secure. It did make a significant difference, at least during the first season or two after installation.

^^ Wish I could come out and meet up with some of you guys to have a few beers, but unfortunately I'm working.

think I read somewhere that SF has a contract with RMC - wonder if that agreement had a specific number of Conversion attached to it.

I actually talked to Dave Roemer about this "contract" that everyone has been talking about. Basically unless corporate is hiding something from hi, that contract is just a rumor. Either way, he said that it has, to his knowledge, no impact whatsoever on the Boss getting converted.

If that's the case then it really surprises me that no one else has taken the bait.

Yeah it would be nice to meet up with a few of the people on here.

I want too, But my family is worried about St. Louis in it's current condition (Ferguson) so it's a huge IF.

FYI Ferguson is about 35 miles away from Eureka where SFSTL is located... Please don't start with the Ferguson crap on here...It's still a great neighborhood..just handful of people not making the best decisions about protesting..

Reminds me of Transformers and Spiderman at Universal, but interactive. Can't wait! Hasta la vista, Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters. We'll miss you.

I want too, But my family is worried about St. Louis in it's current condition (Ferguson) so it's a huge IF.

Im going on Sunday. As far as the Ferguson stuff, its it died down quite a bit and just mainly seeing stuff on facebook, which is mainly BS. Hopefully Ill go again during Fright Fest.

That is the second most ignorant statement I have heard on this board. Please don't come.

That is the second most ignorant statement I have heard on this board. Please don't come.

Where is the like button when you need it?

I gotta ask, what is the First?

OMG. Feguson is almost an hour drive time from the park.

That would be like saying that you are not going to SFGAm because there was a riot in Gary. Indiana.

Edited by CaliforniaPinto

OMG. Feguson is almost an hour drive time from Ferguson.

That would be like saying that you are not going to SFGAm because there was a riot in Gary. Indiana.

Feguson is almost an hour drive time from Ferguson....that makes no sense

Anyway back on topic here. Two things weird about the new ride, they say six perosn vehicles, but the picture only shows a 4 seater. I'm guessing it would be three rows of two? According to the link both buildings are 15,000 SF, but we onlt get 6 cars not 10, done on purpose to keep the line at the less attended park longer?

I gotta know whats the first, maybe its by me, I don't know.

Anyway back on topic here. Two things weird about the new ride, they say six perosn vehicles, but the picture only shows a 4 seater. I'm guessing it would be three rows of two? According to the link both buildings are 15,000 SF, but we onlt get 6 cars not 10, done on purpose to keep the line at the less attended park longer?

It should still have a far higher capacity than Scooby ever did, so why does it really matter?

St. Louis get 7 vehicles

If that's the case then it really surprises me that no one else has taken the bait.

Probably because other parks would rather be known for maintaining the rides they have and building great new rides from the ground up rather than being known for letting rides go to crap and then having to pay to convert them into great rides. I said there would be no RMC without SF, but where would SF be without RMC?