TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Just saw Texas' 3-D ride will twist while ours won't! Now that is disappointing!

lmao we even got the shaft while getting the shaft!

A Scooby Doo overhaul is way better then those 360 Looping Coaster 3 other parks are getting (really??), so... not-so-much the shaft this year. A RMC Iron Boss better be coming soon!!!

I just learned we are getting the multi-DOF cars and I think it is cool! Disney has rides like that in 3-D that we did enjoy. As far as the Iron Boss...I hope you are right. I would love to see it re-tracked!

Idk if this was mentioned...but the logo includes Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Flash. The Press Release says includes Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and GREEN LANTERN. NOT FLASH

The little video promo with the ride film footage they have shows them all. And other characters they didn't mention in the press release. What's your point?

*face palm* *face palm* *face palm*

The clock has struck 12 again after another nice, but unfulfilling announcement. Speculation of a major steel coaster addition in the near future continues.

Does no one else see the irony in this?!?! It would make for great entertainment if it weren't so redundant.

http://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/battle-for-metropolis/news-article

Looks like our Six Flags is getting the multi-DOF cars too like Six Flags Over Texas! I happy about that!!

Awesome! After the huge disappointment of Boomerang, it's good to see SF has stepped up their offerings the last couple of years. Tsunami Soaker is great fun, and I'm really looking forward to Justice League as well. Sally did a tremendous job with Scooby Doo, and I can't wait to see what they can do next with new technology. I do have one concern, though, and that's if the 3D glasses will be optional. My 3-year-old got to ride Scooby Doo twice this year and loved it, but she's not old enough for 3D yet. The older two will be fine with 3D, but it'd be great if we could all ride it as a family like we did with Scooby Doo.

^^^I doubt security will eject you from the park if she won't or can't wear the glasses. It will probably be like a 3D movie without the glasses, just a tad bit fuzzy. She might just be a little young for that kind of thing though. Injun Joe and Mississippi adventure scared the crap out of me when I was 4-5. I heard the line for Scooby was an hour today.

Just got back from hell day at the park. Lines were backed up past the ticket windows, at 10:40 and of course I got the line with a very nice but very slow Wal-mart greeter. Used my old passes to get in so I could get my tube season passes activated for the day. Went for lunch at 12:30 and the lines to get in were still huge, but were more reasonable after lunch so we exited and activated our new passes. So we were scanned into the park twice. I just bought a drink wristband because I didn't want to wait in SP Processing line to activate the meal plans. We did that later right before we left it still took about a half hour.

HH was the busiest I have ever seen it. Of course they still only had one OP on Big Kahuna so it was running at half capacity as usual. We just stayed in lazy river all day, the lines were really bad for the slides. The curtesy tube line at the east creek eventually wound out of the beach onto the main walkway. The wave pool was shut down and someone told me that some kid barfed in it. Hooks was apparently closed down because some kid apparently dropped trow and relieved himself, but it was open later. Who needs the bumper cars back when they can accomplish the same thing with 3 thousand people in Gully Washer Creek. SF must have made fortunes selling tube rentals after the wave pool closed.

It rained some yesterday and rain is forecast for Monday so I suppose it is three days compressed into one. I remember a post stating it was really tame last Labor Day weekend.

The entire ride won't be in 3-D, only some screens in the ride will be, watch this video from the Justice League ride in Australia -
(the Six Flags rides are based on this ride with a different storyline).

A tenth of that will not fit in the existing building.

This was straight from Screamscape with details on Justice League: Battle of Metropolis.

I’ve got some great new details regarding the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis dark rides coming to Six Flags over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis in 2015. First a correction, as I mistakenly mentioned Triotech yesterday as being inolved with Alterface and Sally for the Justice League dark ride in Australia, but they were not.

As previously mentioned, Sally Corp is behind this major new dark ride experience and it sounds like it is going to be a huge hit. I reached out to Sally to get a little more information on the players involved and for any more details they can give and I couldn’t be more pleased with what they have told me.

First off Oceaneering is supplying a fleet of custom designed 6-passenger cars for the ride that will will be Multi-DOF Motion-based vehicles. Yup… these aren’t just plain old scoot you through the building cars, but will have the ability to move you in several directions at once, as needed by the action involved in each scene in the 4-minute long experience.

Lexington Scenic is busy fabricating the massive dimensional sets and scenery pieces that will bring the dangerous city streets of Metropolis to life. (Note: Lexington created the incredible 28 foot tall Optimus Prime figure that stands atop the Transformers ride at Universal Studios Florida).

Pure Imagination is creating incredibly realistic 3D CGI media footage.

Alterface has been brought on board as the providor for the interaction elements and will provide their state-of-the-art interactive shooting system, as well as Alterface Project’s Eagle Eye: a powerful dark ride monitoring and auto-diagnostic tool.

Also involved are Wyatt Design Group, RealD 3D and Bose Audio.

Sounds like Six Flags has went all out on this one and I'm looking forward to getting out to the park and checking it out next year!

Also at the park today, I must say it was my worst visit of the year. First only 4 toll gates open with 8-10 cars each when we arrived at about 1:30. Went straight to Mooseburger to eat lunch. All 4 Freestyle machines out of ice. Customers told cashiers about ice, still no ice 5 minutes later. The kids decided to ride Joker and Ninja as they both had no lines, then we went to the water park. We were in the wave pool about 20 minutes until it was cleared for a safety break. My boys decided to ride the speed slides as that was the only waterpark ride with a short line. Head back to wave pool, it was still closed. Decide to get a drink refill at the ice cream stand, girl was helping people with refills then she abruptly told us to get drink refills at the burger place next door. Luckily one staff member was doing nothing but refills there. Take a quick smoke break and head back to wave pool, still closed.

So we decided to go catch the Kidz Bop show. When we were exiting the line for HH was almost back into the park and I think they were only letting people in as others were exiting. Stop for another drink refill at the Funnel Cake stand. Took almost 15 minutes in a 5 person line to get a refill. Head to watch the Kidz Bop show that was pretty lame, my 12 year old and 15 year old were pretty bored with it, so we stopped by Collonnades for another refill, then my boys decided to hit Mr Freeze. I was getting another refill at JB's when I get a text from my boys saying MR Freeze would be a 2 hour wait. Luckily as they approached the queue building they opened the second track. The wait turned out to about an hour. After that they head over for a ride on Batman and might have had another lap on Ninja. At this point I was starting to feel ill from the hot weather and lack of drinks, so we decided to hit the road about 6:30 pm.

All I can say about today is if the park is not staffed for this kind of capacity, which it seemed it wasn't they should cap how many people they allow in. They need more express drink refill stations, where you can just walk up and help yourself to a refill. At this point my last 2-3 visits this year have really got me thinking if I want to renew my passes for next year. We probably will renew passes, but without the food add-on for next year. It's just been a really disappointing season for me. Hopefully Fright Fest is more enjoyable.

Remember this is coming from someone who just a couple of pages ago was trying to defend our park. With operations like this today that to me seem inexcusable, there's not much to defend. Did I stop and leave a comment at guest relations? Absolutely not, I was really starting to feel ill and another 30 minutes in the heat without a drink would have finished me off. What would we have gotten for that anyway, a form letter in the mail, that says we appreciate your feedback?

This was straight from Screamscape with details on Justice League: Battle of Metropolis.

I’ve got some great new details regarding the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis dark rides coming to Six Flags over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis in 2015. First a correction, as I mistakenly mentioned Triotech yesterday as being inolved with Alterface and Sally for the Justice League dark ride in Australia, but they were not.

As previously mentioned, Sally Corp is behind this major new dark ride experience and it sounds like it is going to be a huge hit. I reached out to Sally to get a little more information on the players involved and for any more details they can give and I couldn’t be more pleased with what they have told me.

First off Oceaneering is supplying a fleet of custom designed 6-passenger cars for the ride that will will be Multi-DOF Motion-based vehicles. Yup… these aren’t just plain old scoot you through the building cars, but will have the ability to move you in several directions at once, as needed by the action involved in each scene in the 4-minute long experience.

Lexington Scenic is busy fabricating the massive dimensional sets and scenery pieces that will bring the dangerous city streets of Metropolis to life. (Note: Lexington created the incredible 28 foot tall Optimus Prime figure that stands atop the Transformers ride at Universal Studios Florida).

Alterface has been brought on board as the providor for the interaction elements and will provide their state-of-the-art interactive shooting system, as well as Alterface Project’s Eagle Eye: a powerful dark ride monitoring and auto-diagnostic tool.

Sounds like Six Flags has went all out on this one and I'm looking forward to getting out to the park and checking it out next year!

I can't wait! I wonder if it'll be ready by opening day?

I can't wait! I wonder if it'll be ready by opening day?

Closing September 15th and be ready by opening day? Absolutely not! We'll be lucky for a late May-Mid June opening.

Seeing the posts about Sunday really sucks. Honestly I hate it because it was not a great day. I'll admit that. Algorithms don't mean anything when you have 8,000 more people than you expected. I'm sorry your day, as well as the days of others, sucked. The last three weekends have been pretty steller from an operations stand point. Unofficially on behalf of the park and most of the team members who work there, we're sorry. We messed up. We (mostly) tried our best, but we couldn't keep up. You have every reason to complain. We do hope that you will come back in the future as that day was one of about five similar days throughout our long season.

Did I stop and leave a comment at guest relations? Absolutely not, I was really starting to feel ill and another 30 minutes in the heat without a drink would have finished me off. What would we have gotten for that anyway, a form letter in the mail, that says we appreciate your feedback?

However, the compliments/complaints that go through Guest Relations actually go through a system where not only departmental supervisors see them, but park directors see them as well. Did you know that Dave Roemer actually personally goes through every single compliment given, as well as a lot of complaints. Yea Six Flags is a corporation, but there are still real, good people who would take your feedback seriously.

Some Justice League Updates & Clarification

As has been said before, Oceaneering is making the ride vehicles. These vehicles will be exactly like, from a technological basis, the ones used in Transformers & Spiderman at Universal besides only seating 6 people and not having the ability to make it "bumpy".

Actually the Scooby show building is bigger than the ride actually needs it to be. The computer designing of the ride has allowed it to be nice and compact. At the same time, the ride will be the same length (roughly). Scooby is just a lot of huge, partially empty show scenes.

For those wondering about a Fright Fest overlay of the ride: The ride will close to the public of September 14th. On September 15th, demolition begins. While most components of the ride are already mid-construction in facilities outside the park, the building itself needs to be gutted. Besides that, one of the most time consuming parts of the project is the filling in of the trough as well as taking out all of the plumbing, etc.

One really cool thing that I got to see was a video that shows a simple layout of the ride with how the cars will move scene to scene. The pneumatic doors allow more intimacy like you are part of the ride while other vehicles move around you. It's super cool.

I believe that some quoted the price of the ride at WB as around $7million. Our new ride won't be much off of that. One great thing is that SFOT & SFSL were able to split the cost of filming the scenes. Is it Transformers or Spiderman? No. However, it will be super cool, especially here in St. Louis.

Seeing the posts about Sunday really sucks. Honestly I hate it because it was not a great day. I'll admit that. Algorithms don't mean anything when you have 8,000 more people than you expected. I'm sorry your day, as well as the days of others, sucked. The last three weekends have been pretty steller from an operations stand point. Unofficially on behalf of the park and most of the team members who work there, we're sorry. We messed up. We (mostly) tried our best, but we couldn't keep up. You have every reason to complain. We do hope that you will come back in the future as that day was one of about five similar days throughout our long season.
Did I stop and leave a comment at guest relations? Absolutely not, I was really starting to feel ill and another 30 minutes in the heat without a drink would have finished me off. What would we have gotten for that anyway, a form letter in the mail, that says we appreciate your feedback?

However, the compliments/complaints that go through Guest Relations actually go through a system where not only departmental supervisors see them, but park directors see them as well. Did you know that Dave Roemer actually personally goes through every single compliment given, as well as a lot of complaints. Yea Six Flags is a corporation, but there are still real, good people who would take your feedback seriously.

As soon as I saw the complaints I figured the park had more people show up than expected. Then you weren't staffed accordingly and I can totally relate to how much that sucks. You try the best you can, but nothing goes right. I wish people would understand and recognize when it happens.

As soon as I saw the complaints I figured the park had more people show up than expected. Then you weren't staffed accordingly and I can totally relate to how much that sucks. You try the best you can, but nothing goes right. I wish people would understand and recognize when it happens.

I clearly understood that is what happened is that they got a much larger crowd than expected and weren't staffed properly. My thought was why not close the park off at some point if it isn't staffed to handle say 15,000 people for the day. If you were expeceting 8-10,000 and got 15,000 you should expect problems. Wouldn't it be better to give 10,000 people the best experience possible than just take the money from 15,000 people and leave them with a very bad taste in their mouth.

HWFAN, do you know if Dave reads these boards? Just curious Because I really haven't seen him in the park much this year, probably just because we haven't been as often as in years past.

I completely understand how this happened. The weather forecasts called for rain all weekend and by late Saturday things were looking up for Sunday, so everyone came. Not much management can do about that, they have only so many people they can call in at the last minute. Today was supposed to be crummy as well, but we hardly had any rain. You never know what is going to happen with St. Louis weather. As I write this all the storms are moving north when a few hours ago NOAA said they would be south of 44. I suspect the crowds today were light.

That said they did have a major sale with the dinning pass offer requiring processing by Monday. One thing they could have done given the understaffing was extending that deadline. That would have gone a long way. It also begs the question of why do things like the dinning pass and sports cups need "processing" anyway? Once I waited for 30 minutes outside it took the clerk all of 10 seconds to scan my cards. What's the point? They were a part of my SP order and I had to enter the names online anyway. When I went to pick up my cups at First Cone they just handed me the cups and tossed the vouchers aside.

One thing I will never understand is why they continually understaff Big Kahuna even during the peak summer months when they do not have staffing shortages. It seems as if they want their most popular family water park attraction to have at least a half hour wait if not longer at all times.