TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Six Flags Introduces JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS

New Interactive Dark Ride Coming in 2015 Combines State-of-the-Art Technology For the Ultimate Super Hero Mission

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, and Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas — in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment — today announced the next generation of interactive thrills with the debut of an all-new 3D interactive dark ride attraction, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS. Slated to open at both Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis in 2015, guests will become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team, and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart Lex Luthor and The Joker and save the city of Metropolis.

“Introducing a dark ride that combines this level of technology and the popular DC Comics brand will bring an unmatched, interactive experience to our guests in 2015,” stated Tom Iven, senior vice president of U.S. park operations for Six Flags. “The addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is another example of our company’s commitment to delivering new and innovative thrills in every park, every year.”

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will feature:

An interactive queue line and loading area where guests will receive instructions, 3D glasses and a stun gun to stop the bad guys.

A storyline that unfolds with Lex Luthor and The Joker hacking into BATMAN’s computer system and uncovering vital information that exposes vulnerability in the JUSTICE LEAGUE’s defenses. Riders will fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN to save the world from being infected with The Joker’s special laughing gas.

A nexus of new technologies to put guests right in the center of this interactive battle.

Lifelike animatronic super heroes designed by Sally Manufacturing, the industry leader in dark rides.

3D graphics and film produced by Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery.

Robust gaming elements by Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play.

First-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-DOF (degree-of-freedom) vehicles that will transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns designed by Oceaneering.

Coming in 2015! JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is recruiting new superheroes for the ultimate adventure mission – a 3D interactive dark ride experience! Get ready to match wits against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen as you join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve team.

After touring the fully immersive 3D Hall of Justice, you’ll receive your very own stun gun to battle the bad guys then it’s a swift ride through a dazzlingly designed Metropolis cityscape, deep into the shadows of Lex Corp. Lifelike animatronics, cutting edge special effects, 3D video, eye-popping graphics, real-time gaming and a mind-tingling sound-scape make this journey to justice an utterly interactive experience. Will you rescue SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN from Lex Luthor’s and The Joker’s evil plans? Join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team today to save your favorite superheroes!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is a cutting edge, fully immersive dark ride experience which places you right in the middle of the action – in 3D!

As you explore the interactive Hall of Justice, you’ll be given special 3D glasses and a working stun gun to help you battle Lex Luthor and The Joker. They’ve hacked into BATMAN’s computer and kidnapped the world’s favorite superheroes, SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN. Now you must bust into Lex Corp. to rescue them!

Riders will board motion-based vehicles for a wild journey through the Metropolis streets, where you’ll meet up with life-sized animatronics.

Everywhere you look, state-of-the-art 3D imagery will draw you deeper into the adventure. Your unique transporter will take you piloting through a realistic 3D environment.

Can you thwart The Joker’s evil plan to infect the city with laughing gas? Only if you’re brave enough to join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team!

Facts: JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS

Interactive dark ride

Six-passenger motion-based vehicles

Each rider is equipped with 3D glasses and a stun gun

Lifelike animatronics

Cutting-edge special effects

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/battle-for-metropolis/overview

news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg.b58a57f02db5911a120a364da6e2ecfd.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

So I guess Battle for Metropolis will not be a water ride..I'm ok with that.

Now that Twisted Cyclone and Wicked Cyclone are confirmed,both were coaster built back in the 1970's. Could Screamin' Eagle be up next for RMC rehab instead of The Boss?

Now that Twisted Cyclone and Wicked Cyclone are confirmed,both were coaster built back in the 1970's. Could Screamin' Eagle be up next for RMC rehab instead of The Boss?

Please don't! Screamin' Eagle is much better than Boss, plus the layout of Boss will allow something truly insane.

Hopefully not, since the Boss seems to need it much more. Also, Cyclone was built in the '80's.

Please don't! Screamin' Eagle is much better than Boss, plus the layout of Boss will allow something truly insane.

I would imagine a furius baco - style heartline where the straight bit after the first drop is

I just don't remember seeing that before on their website. That's why I was asking. What have they repaired then?

When you look at the Boss, especially when the park first opened back in April, you can tell there were/are a bunch of new wood pieces added/replaced on the track. The new wood was a whole different color than the old wood. I'm still hopeful that the Boss will be re-tracked soon. I keep hearing rumors of this happening but also hear about a steel coaster coming for 2016. I hope either or both of the rumors are true!!

A couple notes:

1. Get your season passes early!!!!! This is a flash sale to get the best price between now and September 1st. It isn't like last year where the pricing was all the way through the end of the season. Let your family, friends, coworkers, mailman, etc know, so that they can take advantage of this sale.

2. You all know how I'm always coming with an optimistic attitude about Six Flags. However, those larger looping carnival rides are not coasters. That announcement video left me shaking my head, but hey, props to the marketing teams!

3. Six Seater Ride Vehicles in a ride that dispatches a lot more quickly than Scooby (especially in it's half-capacity state right now). Even though the line will be longer than Scooby, the line will be moving. The indoor, immersive queue is really awesome, IMO, showing that they are not just going to half @ss this ride.

4. Holy crap the Colossus redo blew my mind. I figured they would have it down to one coaster to save money at the expense of less capacity, but man does it look incredible! With the two SF RMC projects for 2015, hopefully we are seeing a trend where less iconic wooden coasters are demolished rather than being upgraded.

What is everyone else thinking?

Colossus looks horrible. Its exactly what I thought, boring. They took, a classic and destroyed it, but hey, what else is Six Flags known for, right!

Our Battle for Metropolis won't be as good as Texas' because the cars on ours aren't going to spin and twist around, IMO its barely a bump up from Scooby rather than a really good up to date dark ride...But it still looks like a good, fun and exciting dark ride... but I WANTED TO SPIN!!!

The only ride that looks worth it is Wicked Cyclone. Six Flags did a hell of a job making a 1/3 of the parks look more cheesy by putting "carnival" rides in, again, good job Six Flags corporate, way to take yet another step back.

IMO, and its sad to say, but Fury 325 at Carowinds beats the ENTIRE line up for all the SIx Flags parks.

Edited by parkjunkie

A couple notes:

1. Get your season passes early!!!!! This is a flash sale to get the best price between now and September 1st. It isn't like last year where the pricing was all the way through the end of the season. Let your family, friends, coworkers, mailman, etc know, so that they can take advantage of this sale.

2. You all know how I'm always coming with an optimistic attitude about Six Flags. However, those larger looping carnival rides are not coasters. That announcement video left me shaking my head, but hey, props to the marketing teams!

3. Six Seater Ride Vehicles in a ride that dispatches a lot more quickly than Scooby (especially in it's half-capacity state right now). Even though the line will be longer than Scooby, the line will be moving. The indoor, immersive queue is really awesome, IMO, showing that they are not just going to half @ss this ride.

4. Holy crap the Colossus redo blew my mind. I figured they would have it down to one coaster to save money at the expense of less capacity, but man does it look incredible! With the two SF RMC projects for 2015, hopefully we are seeing a trend where less iconic wooden coasters are demolished rather than being upgraded.

What is everyone else thinking?

I agree, get season passes! Great buy especially since you can use at other Six Flags! We already have our gold passes and travel to other Six Flags. Disappointed in the looping coasters but the Twisted Colossus sounds great! Also want to travel to ride the Batman Ride in Texas and the Wicked Cyclone in New England! I've also heard the Battle for Metropolis is going to be one of the best if not the BEST dark ride put out thus far by the Sally Corp! I think this is true and will be an awesome ride!

Just saw Texas' 3-D ride will twist while ours won't! Now that is disappointing!

I KNOW!!!, i just b!tched and moaned on my last post too LOL. I dont get why not, no sense in questioning Six Flags' wonderful mindset though, its like trying to figure out women.

Just saw Texas' 3-D ride will twist while ours won't! Now that is disappointing!

I KNOW!!!, i just b!tched and moaned on my last post too LOL. I dont get why not, no sense in questioning Six Flags' wonderful mindset though, its like trying to figure out women.

Hey, I'm a woman! LOL!! But anyway, when you go to the website under news release for SFSTL, it states that there will be multi-DOF cars and it is not just specific to Texas! So I'm confused, are we or are we not getting the rotating cars! I really hope we do!!! One thing I've noticed about SFSTL website, they don't "advertise" (if you will...give great details) like many of the other SF pages do!

I'm not big on theming, but it's nice to see that Six Flags is putting in more themed attractions at it's parks. Not a fan of dark rides or the Justice League, but I'm sure the GP will eat this ride up.

I'd highly highly with a 99.99999999999% doubt that they even touch Screamin' Eagle. They have advertise it as their masterpiece and have honored it through the years so they wouldn't touch it. Not to mention that layout doesn't fit to what RMC has done. The Boss on the other hand fits the criteria. I could see this happening in the next few years.

I'd highly highly with a 99.99999999999% doubt that they even touch Screamin' Eagle. They have advertise it as their masterpiece and have honored it through the years so they wouldn't touch it. Not to mention that layout doesn't fit to what RMC has done. The Boss on the other hand fits the criteria. I could see this happening in the next few years.

I think the boss needs some serious coaster love. The last couple of times I had ridden it I was afraid we were gonna stop in helix...

My guess is the lack of spinning has to do with the real estate it is going into or lack there of. I think this should give them a good boost.

Let's clear this up. From the website:

"First-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-DOF (degree-of-freedom) vehicles that will transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns designed by Oceaneering."

That statement is talking about the spinning vehicles.

Also, sorry to post so much (I like to think I'm bringing new relevant info/insight each time), but....

If anyone has any questions at all especially involving season passes, memberships (current or new), park information, etc. Don't hesitate to private message me, and I'll help you out. I know that it can be confusing sometimes, but I will take the time to make sure everything is all good. A few people have been asking questions all year, and I'd like to think that I helped. Even if it seems like it's a stupid question or obvious, let me know. I don't want people to spend lots of hard earned cash and end up with problems. Thanks!

"Five minutes on your computer now or two hours in line for Guest Relations later."

-Albert Einstein

lmao we even got the shaft while getting the shaft!

A Scooby Doo overhaul is way better then those 360 Looping Coaster 3 other parks are getting (really??), so... not-so-much the shaft this year. A RMC Iron Boss better be coming soon!!!