TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I have a question. Is St. Louis' height limit 230 feet, because the drop tower, the Skyscreamer, and Mr. Freeze are all 230 feet or under?

From everything I've been told, the park doesn't have a real "height limit" like other parks do. Parks like Kentucky Kingdom are very close to airports, making the limit necessary. The vast majority of theme parks with height limits are near airports, but as our park is not, there is no height limit. The heights of the rides you mentioned are just by chance.

New for 2015, Mr. Freeze will be modified with a catch car starting at the bottom of the spike and pulling you backwards to the top. The catch car will release the train making this the first Hyper coaster in St. Louis! Mr. Freeze Hyper Release!

Coming in 2020, Mr. Freeze REVERSE Hyper Release!

^^ New for 2015, The Joker Reverse Blast!

I have been cloned, I said the same thing in July. Of course it is funnier when you say it.

I get the advisory panel surveys all the time but not that one. That is hysterical. Let's remind everyone how previous owners paid attention to landscaping and how beautiful it used to be.

SFSTL needs a lot of things water and dry. The Joker Inc.: Reverse Blast is my prediction for next year.

Just imagine how many more years they could have gotten out of Toms Twister.

New for 2015, Mr. Freeze will be modified with a catch car starting at the bottom of the spike and pulling you backwards to the top. The catch car will release the train making this the first Hyper coaster in St. Louis! Mr. Freeze Hyper Release!

Coming in 2020, Mr. Freeze REVERSE Hyper Release!

Brilliant. They could then move a LIM over to Boomerang and have 2 new coasters in 2015.

"Six Flags!!! More Flags, More clones!!!"

Although to be fair, some of the clones are pretty amazing.

True, but what separates a good park from a bad park is the uniqueness of their attractions i.e. Millennium Force - Cedar Point, Leviathan and Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland, etc.

Six Flags St. Louis just posted this on their Facebook. What could it mean?!?!?!

Obvious retheme to the ride. Probably themed to the Justice League.

except that it looks like zombies. posted to throw off the Jutice League rumors? Fun that Dave is doing these teasers.

Looks like they've got something planned for scooby for Fright Fest. A ride through haunt? It's certainly a decent backdrop to start with.

I think that would be awesome, but I have a feeling that without some heavy duty safety equipment, OSHA would throw a fit. Besides that need plenty of time to renovate.

Speaking of Fright Fest, I recently saw testing for a fountain that was on fire. They had a big metal tub with a small fountain shooting up that actually had an impressive amount of flames on it. Not sure what it will be used for exactly, but it looked super cool like something seen at Disney or Universal.

I don't understand all of the "clone-hate" either. Some pretty fantastic attractions are clones - they are cloned because they are successful.

I'd also venture to say that a newer cloned coaster or dark ride beats the crap out of a 20 year old re-located boomerang.

Just sayin'

"Six Flags!!! More Flags, More clones!!!"

Although to be fair, some of the clones are pretty amazing.

True, but what separates a good park from a bad park is the uniqueness of their attractions i.e. Millennium Force - Cedar Point, Leviathan and Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland, etc.

To be honest though, Wonderland really only has a couple unique roller coasters. Behemoth and Leviathan for sure, but I would probably throw in Vortex just because of the low number of suspended coasters left. Other than that, quite a few of the roller coasters are clones or based on other rides.

Looks like they've got something planned for scooby for Fright Fest. A ride through haunt? It's certainly a decent backdrop to start with.

I think that would be awesome, but I have a feeling that without some heavy duty safety equipment, OSHA would throw a fit. Besides that need plenty of time to renovate.

Obviously we've all heard the rumors of the DC re-theme at this point. With the teases so far, I hadn't been able to come up with any connection with the rumored DC ride. If you hadn't already heard the rumor of the DC ride, there is absolutely nothing in any of the pictures that would lead anybody to that conclusion. This latest tease just made me think that maybe it's not about what they're going to do with the building for next year, but what they're planning for Fright Fest. That last picture looks to me as if the ghouls are pleading for the Scary Swamp to be their home sweet home.

I don't know what OSHA would require for safety equipment, but I don't see why you'd need to change the boats at all for a ride through haunt. I also don't think they'd have to change a lot inside if they didn't want. It's already a slightly creepy back drop. They're closing the ride a couple of weeks before Fright Fest starts, so I don't see why they couldn't throw some scare actors into some the scenes to jump out from behind some of the set pieces and add some smoke and lighting effects. The queue is also something that could easily have some things quickly thrown together to add to the experience. I'm not imagining much, some fog machines, lighting effects, sound track, maybe even a creepy swamp dweller out there as well. It wouldn't take much to have one last hurrah for the Scooby ride before it's gone forever. It'd be even better if it was something geared more towards families and not too hardcore, and of course FREE. I can hope, right?