TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Any thoughts on whether or not they might tear down the building and start over? It seems like excavating the waterway would be difficult with the building standing, or could they just fill it in and build on top of it?

From what Ive heard, the trough is just going to be filled or a slightly raised track system will be put in the trough

The building had no trough when it was built. That building was the first building erected onsite (I have pictures). It was used as a shop and pre-fab area during Park construction . I spent many days and evenings in the IJC (Injun Joe's Cave) on "fire-watch". I learned a lot about humanity and sexuality on fire-watch!!!

Since the actual station area of the ride has always been open (I know it has a roof over it), I would assume that the ride building may be expanded to enclose this area, I don't know how it would work to have a tracked dark ride in an open station. Some may not know that the Scooby-Doo que area didn't exist until the ride became Scooby-Doo, the que before that was the entire building that is in front of the ride (what all the Scooby-Doo facade is attached to and the exit area), this could go back to being the que area in the remodel.

With the timing it almost looks like a total re-theme.

Scooby was ok. I liked it buy I know 3 eight year olds that hated to ride Scooby.. Not sure why.

Could they be tearing the whole ride down and placing something else in this area?

Justice League would be a nice way to bring the DC superheroes back into the park. I remember when the DC characters used to roam the park. It seems like they gradually cut back then did away with them completely a few years ago. I'm sure it was a cost-cutting move but does anyone have any other insight on that?

Who Cares, Look what Kings Island has done this year, SDC last year, and now Holiday World next year!! With Thunderbird, B&M's First Launched Wingrider going to Holiday World next year, Six Flags is just falling behind cause they don't care about our park. They laugh at us in every possible way, even name our park Six Flags St. Louis, the only one in the who chain without a creative title, like Magic Mountain, Great America, Great Adventure, Discovery Kingdom, ect.... Things started falling apart after they took away Over Mid-America, and after the Boss was put in. Total neglect, it makes me sick. I'll be at HW, KI, and SDC next year, screw six flags

..and that 2 minute high-adventure of the Moon Cars, that's worth the Price of Admission right there!

I hear next year you will ride the track backwards! Moon Cars - Reverse Crawl

Edited by SteveStL

Who Cares, Look what Kings Island has done this year, SDC last year, and now Holiday World next year!! With Thunderbird, B&M's First Launched Wingrider going to Holiday World next year, Six Flags is just falling behind cause they don't care about our park. They laugh at us in every possible way, even name our park Six Flags St. Louis, the only one in the who chain without a creative title, like Magic Mountain, Great America, Great Adventure, Discovery Kingdom, ect.... Things started falling apart after they took away Over Mid-America, and after the Boss was put in. Total neglect, it makes me sick. I'll be at HW, KI, and SDC next year, screw six flags

Good one less person waiting in line for Boomerang

Looks like things have gotten a bit quiet since Holiday World announced Thunderbird. On a related note, in the past 3 years, SDC got Outlaw Run, SFGM got Goliath AND X-Flight, and Holiday World got friggin' Thunderbird! And what have we gotton? A RELOCATED 25 YEAR OLD BOOMERANG. EVERYTHING ELSE WE HAVE GOTTON HAS BEEN A RETHEME. I have lost all hope for this park.

^^^ Seems like I'm not the only one thinking it, since you posted it right as I was making my post below.

Another one bites the dust.

Although better points could have been made..... I get it. Next up : Worlds of Fun. I'd imagine it will only be a matter of time before they get a new steel coaster that will again draw even more people away from our park. After that, I'd assume Great America will get another new coaster before we do. I wouldn't even be surprised if KK will receive another completely new coaster before us.

X-Flight, Outlaw Run, Lightning Run, Goliath, and now Thunderbird. What people considered a "small scale" park now looks more appealing than our park.

Refurbishment of a dark ride and possibly the addition of the Justice League - aka same ride different theming? L.O.L. I'm with ARoss510 on this one. Who the hell cares? Next year will be my fourth year in a row without visiting the park and I haven't missed a thing.

Still waiting for the next One.Big.Thing...........

^^You literally haven't missed a thing. Since you have been gone, we have gotten a SkyScreamer (clone), Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast (lame excuse for a new attraction as this ride has been at the park for over 15 years, also clone), a relocated Boomerang (need I say more about that), and Tsunami Soaker (clone). I weep for the future