TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I have some fun memories from Scooby-Doo and will make sure to ride it a few more times before it closes in September.

But I couldn't be more excited for Justice League (if that is really what is replacing ol' Scooby)

Maybe Six Flags St. Louis is going to turn the Scooby-Doo dark ride into a generic "Ghost Blasters" ride!

Yeah, no, no, they're not going to do that. That would be one of the stupidest decisions that Six Flags could make.

Didn't someone say in the forum before that the license for Scooby Doo ends this year? So maybe that's why they are focusing on this ride currently.

According to Six Flags Annual Report, Scooby Doo is included in the same long term licenses from Time Warner as Looney Tunes and the DC Comics.

Also didn't Sally say in an interview (maybe one of Robb's from IAAPA a few years ago?) that they had received interest in the US about the Justice League ride they were part of at WBMW Australia? If so, Six Flags has the exclusive rights to use DC Characters in America, except for Las Vegas.

^Looks like with the licensing agreement that Six Flags currently has Scooby-Doo isn't going to dumped like other licenses like Tony Hawk, The Wiggles, The Terminator, Evel Knivel, and Thomas the Tank Engine. I don't get why Six Flags dumped all the licenses they have for the Great Escape park even though Six Flags owns them?

Some trivia about the Scooby-Doo ride/building -

The actual boat ride was designed by Arrow as an original ride to the park, Sally Corp. modified the boats and added all the shooting elements in 2002.

I believe that Injun Joe's Cave, Time Tunnel and The Legends Of The Dark Castle versions of the ride were all designed and built in house by Six Flags Over Mid-America employees, I don't know what company designed the Castaway Kids version.

The ride was used as the parks first haunted house during the early Fright Night years (1988-1991) under the name House Of The Living Dead (which was just an enhanced version of The Legends Of The Dark Castle version of the ride).

Scooby-Doo was the longest running version of the ride -

Scooby-Doo - 13 seasons (2002-late 2014)

Time Tunnel - 10 seasons (1979-late 1988)

Injun Joe's Cave - 8 seasons (1971-1978)

Castaway Kids - 8 seasons (1992-1999)

Legends Of The Dark Castle - 3 seasons (1989-1991)

closed for 2 seasons (2000-2001)

Will be sad to see it go if they completely gut it. Injun Joe and Mississippi Adventure used to scare the piss out of me as a tot. Does anybody have a graphic of the layout? Was always curious about that.

Funny thing is I have no memory of the Pet a pet.

Rode Scooby twice in a row at close tonight. I gotta say that I love the feeling of floating through the ride, however, the ride is definitely not in the best of shape. A lot of the big props and animatronics are no longer working. It's probably my favorite ride in the park, but I'd rather see it looking nice than how it looks now.

Just got back from the park today, Scooby Doo is still OPEN, but that has already been confirmed. Does anyone have any idea of what we can expect from the rehab? Is this going to be a Disney quality attraction or something some carnies worked up in the backlot?

This is going to have to be a world class-quality attraction to compete with the recent/future additions at SDC, HW, and SFGAM, if not this park may not have much life left.

The new turbo-bungy area seems really pointless and some cement for the path was still curing today. Could we see the removal of the Gotham Park entrance to Batman and a smaller ride added or relocated there? Seems like a big hole in the front of the park for now. They really need to put a "WOW!" attraction up in this area as it seems to be pretty lifeless even with B:TR there.

I had to direct a group to the entrance for Screaming Eagle today. They walked up to the big sign near/in the smoking area and just kept looking around. They really need to fix the entrance to this ride for what used to be the park's signature coaster.

Superman only seemed to have 3 cars running. How can you have a ride run at 1/2 capacity? This seems totally unacceptable.

The waterpark was packed today with BIg Kahuna having a line almost to the bottom of the tower, but the dry park side was absolutely deserted. Boomerang was waiting for riders to send out full trains, everything else was pretty much a walk on after 6 pm.

Overall this was probably my second worst visit this year as it seems the mid-season doldrums have set in and many staff seemed unenthusiastic and just wanted to be anywhere else. Main problem was a cashier at Mooseburger chatting with an off duty employee while trying to ring me out and giving me incorrect chnge which I didn't notice until later in the day. Only off by a dollar, but it should be right.

^Looks like with the licensing agreement that Six Flags currently has Scooby-Doo isn't going to dumped like other licenses like Tony Hawk, The Wiggles, The Terminator, Evel Knivel, and Thomas the Tank Engine. I don't get why Six Flags dumped all the licenses they have for the Great Escape park even though Six Flags owns them?

From what Lance said, They pay per park. Like 1,500,000 (For Example) per park and save some cash.

Maybe Six Flags St. Louis is going to turn the Scooby-Doo dark ride into a generic "Ghost Blasters" ride!

Are we talking about Cedar Fair now?

The waterpark was packed today with BIg Kahuna having a line almost to the bottom of the tower, but the dry park side was absolutely deserted. Boomerang was waiting for riders to send out full trains, everything else was pretty much a walk on after 6 pm.

Of course the dry side was deserted, it was miserable outside today. Can't say I blame the emps for wanting to be somewhere else than a sauna.

I bet they only had one OP running BK today as usual. Probably had some pencil pusher with a clipboard standing there watching him the whole time to make sure the ride was performing at peak efficiency.

The park doesn't want to run Superman at half capacity. If the ride was working perfectly it would be. However, Intamin builds finnicky rides that need constant maintenance and money poured into them.

And seriously, if anyone has similar issues like the employee giving wrong change due to inattention, please let Guest Relations know on your way out.

I know that not all team members seem enthusiastic all the time, but I can say that the majority of us love the park and care about delivering a great experience.

Any thoughts on whether or not they might tear down the building and start over? It seems like excavating the waterway would be difficult with the building standing, or could they just fill it in and build on top of it?

I would think if it is no longer going to be a water dark ride that they would just fill it in. It's a shame they couldn't tear the building down or add onto it, there is no room to make the building bigger at all. Unless they moved Shazam and relocate the storage area across from mooncars.

328152200_SCOOBYDOO.JPG.6f3a27b0df4fda70f9ed26b080d1d696.JPG