TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

New here. Havent been to Six Flags since 2010/11, but finally got season passes(ended up getting a decent deal), but plan on going on Friday. I've done the emailed surveys and always pick an extreme coaster and motion ride. The most recent one mentioned Halloween in July, which I think is very dumb. There's also talk about a cell phone station(didnt pay much attention, since I wasnt really interested). I just want new coasters, as Ive been watching Coaster Wars and we pale in comparison.

Thinking about going to the park for the first time in a few years and I was wondering if anyone local knew who had the best deals on tickets. I know coke cans usually have a good discount and maybe Schnucks but its been a few years since I have actually had to buy tickets. Any help would be appreciated!

The Coke can discount is very misleading, as the online fees make the discount only a $1, and they raised the price at the park, so it's like paying the "regular" price.

I ended up getting a season pass from a friend who's at Scott Air Force Base. Cost $60, which is actually less than a full price ticket. Other than that, I would try Dierbergs, as the season pass is about $75.

Does anyone see them getting a kiddie coaster in the next couple of years? We don't really have a true kiddie coaster, the tamest thing we have is the Mine Train. I could definently see them put a kiddie coaster at Bugs Bunny National Park.

Does anyone see them getting a kiddie coaster in the next couple of years? We don't really have a true kiddie coaster, the tamest thing we have is the Mine Train. I could definently see them put a kiddie coaster at Bugs Bunny National Park.

Honestly, I don't think we need one. The Mine Train is a classic and families in the area love it. I think that the Mine Train, the collection of kids flat rides, and the Log Flume are more than an adequate amount of things for kids to ride.

Honestly, I don't think we need one. The Mine Train is a classic and families in the area love it. I think that the Mine Train, the collection of kids flat rides, and the Log Flume are more than an adequate amount of things for kids to ride.

True, but the last family thing we have gotten other than the Tsunami Soaker was Pandemonium, and that ride is pretty scary for little kids. I could see them getting something like the Roadrunner Express, or even a wild mouse.

I am going to be going to Six Flags St. Louis in early August. What days would be the best to go with the least amount of lines? Is there anything cool to see in the park, and are there any remains of rides (like the hanibarrels were) or anything abandoned, rundown, hidden or secret pathways in the park to see? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Iron Wolf 90-11

I am going to be going to Six Flags St. Louis in early August. What days would be the best to go with the least amount of lines? Is there anything cool to see in the park, and are there any remains of rides (like the hanibarrels were) or anything abandoned, rundown, hidden or secret pathways in the park to see? Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't have any problem finding rundown areas or rides. Excalibur seems abandoned every time I go to the dry side. YMMV. Instead of bringing a Coke can for a discount try a bag of Scott's Turfbuilder or some Roundup, they could use it. (My snarky comments of the day)

I have found Tuesday-Thursday to be the best in general for crowds. I try to be a good boy when there so can't help with any secrets.

The employees are great and that makes up for a lot of shortcomings.

Has anyone ever worked at Six Flags as a Fright Fest character? I applied to work there for fright fest and just received a email to audition.

Awesome, let us know know if they just let you wear your Harley shirt, you guys scare the hell out of me.

Hey,that reminds me of an old joke. What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

Has anyone ever worked at Six Flags as a Fright Fest character? I applied to work there for fright fest and just received a email to audition.

Awesome, let us know know if they just let you wear your Harley shirt, you guys scare the hell out of me.

Hey,that reminds me of an old joke. What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The dirtbag is on top!lol

Thanks everyone! I've always said that it would be fun to work at Fright Fest. In previous years I couldn't because of my work schedule, but this year its slower..so I'll see if I can do it!

Scooby closes on September 14 for "future improvements". In other news Turboo Bungy moved sometime over the weekend to it's new location across from Mooseburger (former Rock Wall location).

They told the GR crew this morning that it's closed immediately.

^I enjoyed Scooby Doo... I hope this doesn't end up being a case of so called "fixing" something that isn't broken... aka Another Superman to Bizarro flop.

I thought the Superman to Bizzaro retheming was great, but let's not talk about SFNE on an SFSTL thread.

Sigh...

Of all the *many* things that need attention at SFStl, Scooby isn't really one of them...

I realize that it might be a maintenance issue with the boats, but of all of the Sally Scooby rides, this is the best one. Probably one of the best Sally shooter rides ever.