TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

HH is reportedly closed for the day. Will probably take a while to straighten out the chemistry with the pumps down. It is overcast and 69F right now would not have been an ideal day for water anyway.

If they will not say what caused the outage I would be reluctant to get on any rides today anyway, unless you are really looking for a thrill.

Edited by Sf-Dad

I suggest a road trip to Holiday World, so you can see what a big construction project looks like. That's going to be as close as it gets.

Dang, that's a pretty big burn.

I hope I'm wrong. Although you have to think with HW starting to ramp up and something potentially modern and thrilling coming to their park, SFStl is going to be forced to make a move. You can't help but to anticipate what HW will look like in 5-7 years with this type of expansion taking place. They are taking a step in the large scale park direction with the competition from KK. If our park doesn't do something, both HW and KK are going to start pulling thrill seekers away from our market. God help us if WoF were to add something more thrilling.

This competition should be a good thing for us. One would think we have a better chance of getting something significant within the next couple years.

I suggest a road trip to Holiday World, so you can see what a big construction project looks like. That's going to be as close as it gets.

Ouch.. Sometimes the truth hurts!

I hope I'm wrong. Although you have to think with HW starting to ramp up and something potentially modern and thrilling coming to their park, SFStl is going to be forced to make a move.

I would be willing to bet that management at SFStl would love to answer with a big project of their own. Convincing corporate on other hand is a completely different story, considering it seems like they never taken anything the surrounding parks around SFStl do very seriously. I find it funny that they know what type of game changers RMC is capable of building first hand and watched Silver Dollar City build a brand new RMC. SF corporate responds by giving SFStl a 24 year old Boomerang.

Yes, yesterday (June 5) was the park's 43rd birthday, but the power problems really screwed up the day, there were underground problems that were worked on all night (the park is probably lucky it got any power to open yesterday).

Hello I'm new to this forum! I live right here in St. Louis and this is my home park. I look forward to interacting with everyone on here!

Welcome to the forum! The more people on here, the more dialogue, the better! And I look forward to hopefully seeing you in the park soon.

Thanks! Usually we visit the park every Sunday. Except this weekend. Saturday will be a Christian concert and Sunday is bring a friend for free. The park will be super crowded this weekend. Good for SFSTL but I'll pass this weekend.

Almost every ride was a walk-on today. Got on every major ride multiple times.

I didn't ride Tsunami Soaker, but I shot people on the ride with the water cannons on the sidewalk. I thought the attraction looked very nice, and I think the wharf theme blends in well to the surrounding area (I'm guessing most of the props on the control building came from Hurricane Harbor).

Boss is running absolutely horrible this season. The helix looks like it received some fresh wood though. I hope Iron Boss is coming soon, but I don't think next year will be the year.

Do you think Friday will be very busy? I was planning on going then.

With the cooler temps this week I'm thinking it wouldn't be as busy.

Last year we laways went on Fridays, the park would be dead and the waterpark was okay.

Thanks! Usually we visit the park every Sunday. Except this weekend. Saturday will be a Christian concert and Sunday is bring a friend for free. The park will be super crowded this weekend. Good for SFSTL but I'll pass this weekend.

Great weekend to skip this weekend, think we'll be heading out next Wednesday hopefully. Although, sometimes going during the concert, lines can be very short and most leave right after the concert, leaving about the last 2-3 hours of the day pretty slow.

I didn't ride Tsunami Soaker, but I shot people on the ride with the water cannons on the sidewalk. I thought the attraction looked very nice, and I think the wharf theme blends in well to the surrounding area (I'm guessing most of the props on the control building came from Hurricane Harbor).

Boss is running absolutely horrible this season. The helix looks like it received some fresh wood though. I hope Iron Boss is coming soon, but I don't think next year will be the year.

Did you get any pictures?

Did you get any pictures?

Nope.

I agree The Boss is absolutely horrible this year...that used to be my favorite coaster at the park.

I agree The Boss is absolutely horrible this year...that used to be my favorite coaster at the park.

NOOOOO!!!! Don't tell me that! I love the Boss! I hope that changes next year! It needs some love!

I like the Boss' layout, only gripe is the Mid-course Brakes happen too soon. The ride on the other hand has always been a letdown, even from when it first opened. The 1st and 3rd drops are fun, the rest of the ride is a painful train wreck.

For those who have been discussing it: Saturday and Sunday are going to be extremely popular days to come to the park with the first Christian Concert day on Saturday and Bring-A-Friend free day on Sunday. This week has been fairly slow. The park closed at 8:00 (an hour early) tonight due to rain and closed at 5:00 (four hours early) on Tuesday due to the major storm that moved through the area. Tomorrow is looking like a great day to go, even if it's just a few hours after you get off work.

I humbly request a Photo TR from anyone who stops by the park soon -- I'm interested to see how the park is looking, and specifically interested in more photos around the old Hannibarrels site -- I'm still not quite picturing how it fits in/looks in that area (despite seeing some closeups of the actual ride).

Also, does Six Flags do any sort of cross-promotion with the City Museum?

I humbly request a Photo TR from anyone who stops by the park soon -- I'm interested to see how the park is looking, and specifically interested in more photos around the old Hannibarrels site -- I'm still not quite picturing how it fits in/looks in that area (despite seeing some closeups of the actual ride).

No, they don't have a promotion with CM. They do however do ticket packages that combine Cardinals tickets with Six Flags day tickets.

On Sunday I work before the park opens, so unless one is posted before then, I will try to get a good dozen pictures of the area sans Guests to give you a pretty good idea of how it looks/is set up