TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Funny, I've been riding Freeze for five years and don't remember both moving at once.

It definitely does, but I've only seen it a handful of times in a similar number of years because it requires that: a) two trains are running; and b) the crew is hitting interval. When I noted that the crew was "extremely close" to interval, I didn't mean that they were just waiting for the transfer table. They were just arriving to their positions when the returning train started sliding back over. Honestly, if they were in position and waiting for the table to clear, I would still call that "hitting interval".

As someone with degrees in Electrical/Computer Engineering, I totally understand why the system would be finicky moving both tables at once. I would guess that such process requires a number of position sensors to be working in concert. Those sensors tend to get erratic later in their lives, and if the computer has any doubt about the positioning, the safe thing to do is to shut down. It was a cool effect that saved a few seconds, but I'd rather the ride not e-stop unnecessarily.

any tsunami soaker pictures?
1715056497_tsunamisoakerphoto(01616351xA1AA6).jpg.98e5542f5e070b2cdb816ff12d2abba1.jpg Here is a photo I took this past Sunday. It looks ready to go except the queue needs a shade screen. Looks great and really brightens up that part of the park.

Tsunami Soaker will have graphics added (wraps for the tubs and all of the other brown parts of the ride), they may have already been added this week, since today was media/commercial shoot day, there will also be more themeing added surrounding the ride before it opens.

I made a note to myself during my last visit and decided to post it here:

I used to ride Screamin' Eagle a lot more often because going down the first two drops it had that weird feeling of your stomach rising in your chest. Over the past few years, slowly that feeling has gone away. The ride still has airtime, but not the feeling that I mentioned. Anyone else feel the same way?

^ You're probably just used to it now. The more you practice something, the more used to it you get. I don't claim to have any great knowledge of this subject. I do think is has to do with some type of fear inside us. I remember when I rode my first roller coaster. I hated that feeling of the first drop. That feeling of your stomach dropping completely out from underneath you. I tried to fight this feeling. That made it worse. I realized that I was doing this out of fear. I decided to embrace that feeling. I loved the first drop on roller coaster from then out. I got to the point where I don't think about it anymore. I don't fear the first drop. I'm used to the feeling. i'm guessing that's whats happened to you. The physics of the roller coaster don't change unless they added some mysterious trim brake in that section.

I got to ride Tusnami Soaker last night. It was great fun and you get very wet. Just a warning before it opens, if you cross the train tracks you are in range and you will get wet.

Just curious, do they have signs up to warn people about that? Some people may not realize that non-riders can/will get wet.

I would imagine that, unless you're completely oblivious of your surroundings while passing the ride, the wet pavement and wet kids running around would be a good sign that the waterjets can reach beyond the ride area a little.