TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I really do adore this park. I think expanding the waterpark is step in the right direction. Capitalizing on what you already have is a great way to go when big $20 million coasters are out of reach. Heck, I'd love to see this park get an air race and a Frisbee-like ride. This ride could really benefit from a nice selection of flats.

Oh, lol. I never understood why parks did this, add waterpark attractions inside the regular park.

It's not really a waterpark ride. Wet rides, like Tsunami Soaker, Log Flume, and Tidal Wave, are good to have inside the regular park so that on hot days guests have a way to cool off without having to go all the way to Hurricane Harbor.

Edit: Oops. Post above mine sums it up in a sentence.

I will admit that I am so glad they took our that old ride and replaced with this. Area is looking really nice!!

The area will look even nicer when everything is done. The facades in the area are going to be redone and some of the old barrels will be added to the area. With the ride being done the work on the area should begin soon.

That is exciting to hear. Can't wait. When is projected opening??

quote "Tsunami is coming along nicely. Some ride employees got to ride it on Friday. I was not there but, I heard that you get wetter on Tsunami than you do on Tidal Wave"

If riders do get that wet on it I'm going to wait for a really hot day to ride. I'll watch my kids ride it in the meantime and I'm sure they will have a blast!

thanks for the update.

Well, I went to the park today with my friend for the roller coaster 5k ride (We ended up getting about 7 miles worth (11 kilometers)). I don't understand any complaints about the park because I had a wonderful time. Getting my season pass at the front gate was way easier and had no problem with the service. The ride crews did a good job of moving everyone through and they ran at least 2 trains on each coaster even though the park was pretty empty. The only coaster that was not running was the mine train. Me and my friend ate at the new sports bar and I thought the food was decent for Six Flags food. Tsunami Soaker is coming along pretty nicely and looks like it will be a great family ride. I wanted to take some pictures but my phone has a pretty bad camera on it. All in all it was a good day at the park and I got 3 rides on Eagle, 3 on Thunder, 2 on Boss, 1 on Batman, 1 on Boomerang, 1 on Ninja, 1 on Pandemonium, and 1 on Mr. Freeze.

I happened to be heading back to STL on I44 with some hours to spare, so I paid SFStL a "drop-in visit" which is my favorite way to enjoy this park. (It's just so close to the highway, I can hardly resist.) The park was pretty packed for a Sunday, but I managed to ride 4 coasters including Boomerang in about 90 minutes. My first stop was Boss which was running on two trains, zero stacking. Next up was boomerang which was running pretty nicely, I think I waited about twenty minutes. I love that this coaster always has a grouper. (I know it's safety related, but it's still nice have a station that's not flooded.) Next I headed towards Freeze, which was down. I moved on to American Thunder which had two trains, zero wait. By the time I was done with Thunder, Mr. Freeze was back up. They were running two trains today (yes!) and coming extremely close to hitting interval.

All in all, the operations I saw today were exemplary. It's days like these that make drop-in visits worth it.

Nice day at the park yesterday. Crowds were light (maybe because of the air show?) Screamin' Eagle had two train operation going, so nice, quick 10 minute wait. Smoothest ride I can remember in a while. Mine train was down all day. Only a ten minute wait for Pandemonium as well. We made it over to the studio backlot for the first time this year. Joker is always a hit with the kids. Paint job on Batman looks nice. I believe everything was up and running all day except mine train and tidal wave. Tsunami soaker looks ready to go. It looks very nice, but somewhat out of place, as someone else mentioned previously. I will try to post a pick. Overall a 6 flags day!

Mr. Freeze was back up. They were running two trains today (yes!) and coming extremely close to hitting interval.

The crew at Freeze can hit interval but, the ride computer doesn't like when we have two transfer tables moving at the same time. We learned this last week and the crew got a little bummed out about it as they really enjoyed having both tables moving at the same time.

Glad you guys had a great day

That must be something new. When it first opened we had no problems moving both transfer tables at the same time.

Mr. Freeze was back up. They were running two trains today (yes!) and coming extremely close to hitting interval.

The crew at Freeze can hit interval but, the ride computer doesn't like when we have two transfer tables moving at the same time. We learned this last week and the crew got a little bummed out about it as they really enjoyed having both tables moving at the same time.

Glad you guys had a great day

That must be something new. When it first opened we had no problems moving both transfer tables at the same time.

The issue started last year. They thought they fixed it in the off season. We were able to do it for one weekend before the ride decided it didn't want to do that anymore. Unfortunately it's a difficult issue to troubleshoot but, we hope to be able to do it again.

Funny, I've been riding Freeze for five years and don't remember both moving at once.

Hi all,

I'm new here and from Chicago. I am going to be at SixFlags St. Louis on June 13. This has been planned for a while, but just recently I found out I need hernia surgery, which will be May 9. I should be mostly healed by June 13, but might still be feeling soreness at the incision spot (which is basically where your leg meets your abdomen).

Many newer roller coasters have restraint systems that would press down hard on this area. A normal-old fashioned lap bar should be OK (especially if its cushioned, and the coaster doesn't have any inversions) , and a shoulder restraint system should be no problem at all, but a lap bar that is really tight and pressed down could cause pain or damage (think outlaw run at sdc, for example)

Basically my question is if there are any rides and coasters at SFStL that you think I should avoid?