TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Sorry for my short "meh" post on Saturday after leaving the park disgruntled.

Like I said, I've been doing this for ten years now. I know what to expect on an opening day. I used to work at a park myself, I know the amount of work it takes to get everything up, functional, clean and efficient. A whole lot of work. At Cedar Point we had a dedicated team of people that would go in for clean-up week..just to clean. For a week. From scraping moss out of brick cracks, to brasso-ing the merry-go-round poles.

My experience with Six Flags St Louis' opening day has been degrading with every year for the passed few. It was not just this year's. We venture down from Chicago for a taste of spring a few weeks early, and to get our coaster fix in a month sooner. The park opens pretty early, and we always loved that. I have never been to this park during normal operating season because once summer comes around I have closer and in my opinion better options.

As for Saturdays visit, it was just pretty messy. Other than the main entrance the park was pretty grubby. We rode Freeze first... Where there were like five minutes between trains. Pandemonium was fine, and actually had the most pleasant interaction with employees here. Boss was closed, tried American thunder..closed. Got on Sky Screamer - we lifted up then sat there in air for ten minutes before being lowered and told to "go ride pandemonium." We waited for Screaming Eagle then it went down, and the employee announced it would be a while. ..left line.. ate cold and damp burgers from rockets that made us nauseous.

After burgers we rode ninja which seemed to be operating normally...skipped batman because the line was long and we have it at "home".

After this...day... In the park we went to the holiday inn to check in.

walked to the gas station, bought some whiskey and watched tv before we went to bed.

Maybe I am just getting too old? Haha

I was there today for opening weekend, it was alright but didn't have the same feel to it.. but,

Freeze was up and down all day, never got a chance to ride it, it stayed closed since I believe 4 all the way to closing..

Boomerang was down, normal

Tidal Wave was down, normal

Colossus was down which was kind of sad as family wanted to ride

The Boss was finally running by 3:30 like the TNT said, I was on the first car when they opened today, first car- second row :airtime; also glad to see new wood on Boss, though it was still rough, but fun non the less!

Screechin' Eagle needs some love, a new coat of paint would do nicely

Otherwise a very nice day at the park, great to see so much staff carry around brooms and pick up sticks!

Oh one more thing, what was up with the security and the group of teens by Batman before they closed, I saw them moving them out of the park, then afterwards I heard they all got tackled and tazed, I guess they really pissed off security

Screechin' Eagle needs some love, a new coat of paint would do nicely

Screamin Eagle received the loving gift of new wood in places this year. Paint may follow later

Yes they did, I should of said "more"

The Eagle was completely painted a few years ago... around 2008 or 2007 I think. Does it already need to be repainted?

Yes, it is showing all around the track, where it is peeling and has faded

We had a great six flags day on Sunday. We processed our passes last year so will be skipping the finger scan the whole year. The crowds were light and lines were generally short with the exception of Screamin Eagle. One train operation resulted in a 45 minute wait. I know staffing issues can be rough at the beginning of the season, but surely there must have been a way to get the necessary personnel there for two train operation, especially with Boomerang and Boss being down. (Unless there was something mechanically wrong with the blue train, I assume it was a staffing issue). Other than a few leftover leaves hear and there from the Fall, I thought the park looked clean. We have the season dining pass again this year and had lunch and dinner. All of our food was good, but we tend to order things that stay hot (chicken strips, corn dog, chili cheese dog) or are made to order (wraps, tacos, burrito). We ended the day at First Cone with two kids with big smiles on their faces, and said hi to Dave on the way out. Looking forward to a great season at SFSTL.

Oh one more thing, what was up with the security and the group of teens by Batman before they closed, I saw them moving them out of the park, then afterwards I heard they all got tackled and tazed, I guess they really pissed off security

Don't believe everything you hear.

Had a fun day in the park yesterday!

Boomerang was down all day. No credit for me!

Pandemonium went down a few times through the day. When it was up the line was long. No credit for me there, either.

Mr. Freeze was only running one side, I think I waited around 45 minutes. Stupid Six Flags. The a/c was off in the station, too. It was plenty warm enough in there. Hot, really. Turn it on!! The ride is AWESOME though!!

Screamin' Eagle was only running one train as well. Waited at least 30 minutes for that one. Fun, but not worth waiting on the slow line. Once was enough for me.

Batman also had one train operation all day. I rode it right at opening and waited 20 minutes. The line got up to an hour later in the day. Damn Six Flags again! At least the 1 train running ran very well. Why doesn't B&M build them like this anymore?

Ninja. Let me put it this way. I actually enjoy Mean Streak and even liked SoB, and I thought Ninja was too rough! That should put it in perspective. It might be the worst steel coaster I've ever ridden. The credit ride was enough for me, though they did have 2 trains running at least. (Why would you go to the trouble to have 2 trains ready for Ninja but only 1 for Batman??)

The Boss had 2 of the 3 trains running all day, the longest I waited was 30 minutes. I didn't think it was too rpugh, though you could tell some spots got retracked over the offseason. One rail on the entire helix was new. It's too bad the 2nd half of the ride is so much slower than the first.

American Thunder was running 2 trains, and I REALLY love that coaster! It was one of the better coasters I have been on- probably a top 10 wooden coaster for me.

I haven't been to a Six Flags park in a few years. Holy crap the food is ridiculously expensive! I go to my home park- SFGAm- a couple times a year, but never stay long enough that I eat in the park. How long has it been this bad!?

Overall I had a good visit, definitely glad I made the trip. If this park ever gets a signature (INTAMIN!) large steel coaster it would have a perfect lineup.

I agree, SIXSTL has a solid lineup of coasters. They are just missing a signature steel coaster.

Amen to that. Ninja's shelf-life is way over overdue. Yank it, scrap it, melt it down ..and then put in this 'Signature' ride.

I agree, SIXSTL has a solid lineup of coasters. They are just missing a signature steel coaster.

Amen to that. Ninja's shelf-life is way over overdue. Yank it, scrap it, melt it down ..and then put in this 'Signature' ride.

They don't need to bother using Ninja's space, a real signature ride wouldn't fit there anyways. There's lots of land in the northeast section of the park near SkyScreamer that is currently full of storage, FrightFest stuff, and trees, which would work great for a signature ride. That area needs a bit more to complete its revitalization anyways. Totally agree SFStL needs a signature steel though. Freeze is great, but it is a clone after all.

They don't need to bother using Ninja's space, a real signature ride wouldn't fit there anyways. There's lots of land in the northeast section of the park near SkyScreamer that is currently full of storage, FrightFest stuff, and trees, which would work great for a signature ride. That area needs a bit more to complete its revitalization anyways. Totally agree SFStL needs a signature steel though. Freeze is great, but it is a clone after all.

I always thought a Hyper Coaster going into the woods by the waterpark would be cool. Kinda like Voyage meets Magnum XL?

^I concur.

If this was Cedar Fair, this would be realistic.

13839098194_3bbef449f6_o.png

A Euro-fighter (Dare Devil Dive) would be a realistic replacement for Ninja. It would utilize the space the most efficiently when compared to other manufacturers. The only other type of coaster that could potentially utilize the small space as efficiently, is an Intamin vertical lift coaster (Fahrenheit). Although a Eurofighter is a cheaper, more compact & more reliable version of that.

I really think the only possibility SFStL getting a major steel coaster is through the iron boss. It would be one of the cheapest and also draw in the crowds. I also really think that RMC could do so much with it and really make it a must ride coaster.

That said since we are talking about six flags it will probably be a euro fighter. I guess better then nothing.

I really think the only possibility SFStL getting a major steel coaster is through the iron boss. It would be one of the cheapest and also draw in the crowds. I also really think that RMC could do so much with it and really make it a must ride coaster.

That said since we are talking about six flags it will probably be a euro fighter. I guess better then nothing.

I don't see Six Flags going back to Gerstlauer after New Texas Giant

My reasoning is this... I can't see SFSTL ever exceeding 9 coasters, it's just not in the cards for our Mid-sized park. I would use Ninja's footprint for a Station and the Lift area then put most of the coaster's elements outside the train tracks, around the graveyard and hurricaine harbor (where most of you all have stated).

Did anyone get the online customer survey asking about possible new ideas for rides for next year?

The three ideas that I was given was

1. Interactive train ride.

2. Mardi Gras theme

3. Christmas in the park .

Anyone have any thoughts