TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Too me, the only real negative area of the Park as far as appearance and environment, was the abandoned Hannibarrels and immediate surrounding area. Now, that is being cleaned up and updated. I know the Park could use several more Flats, and a good Signature Steel Coaster, but aside from that it is a beautiful Park and in a great location. Of course this is all subjective, but I'm sure there are several that agree.

I just don't understand why people say the park doesn't offer much for kids. We may not have as much as some other parks, but I feel like we still have a decent collection. Kiddie coasters are nice, I suppose, but when I was younger I remember considering the Mine Train as a kiddie coaster. I was scared to death of Ninja and the Screaming Eagle, but I still loved the mine train.

Just like with anything else, I feel like what we have fir children is fine, but the standards have changed because of some of the 'giant' parks. I feel like the park has much more to offer than it did when I was younger.

I haven't read any posts complaining about a lack of things for the little ones. The removed ACME piece of crap kiddie coaster needs to be replaced with a modern smooth ride for children too short to ride Pandemonium or the Mine Train, but as far as flatrides go, almost all of them ARE kid friendly. As far as the setting of the park, it is scenic enough in the Ozark foothills to be a beautiful park in it's own right, and the park is pretty maneuverable for most walkers and wheelchairs except the final big hill up to Old Chicago and the Screamin' Eagle. I just wish they would use the topography the way Worlds of Fun did for Orient Express to build a nice hyper on the east side of the park with all that elevation change they have to work with.

I just don't understand why people say the park doesn't offer much for kids. We may not have as much as some other parks, but I feel like we still have a decent collection. Kiddie coasters are nice, I suppose, but when I was younger I remember considering the Mine Train as a kiddie coaster. I was scared to death of Ninja and the Screaming Eagle, but I still loved the mine train.

Just like with anything else, I feel like what we have fir children is fine, but the standards have changed because of some of the 'giant' parks. I feel like the park has much more to offer than it did when I was younger.

The park could stand a good coaster for the 36"-42" tall crowd. My daughter is fearless and would ride everything if she could, but unfortunately, she's only 3 not quite 42" yet.

This is all great news for Batman. Currently, the queue looks like complete crap and is absurdly long. Only once have I ever seen the line go into the "park" themed area, so that shortcut is a great idea

In my opinion, no themeing is better than horrible looking themeing. For example, when the park removed the cop car, the Styrofoam hydrant and bricks were just left sitting there. There is no reason they couldn't have taken 30 seconds to grab the stuff and throw them away. Instead they leave them there to rot for two or three seasons.

Okay, for those wondering what I am talking about, here is a photo I found in a photo TR, credit goes to "Condor"

The hydrant and "stones" have been sitting there without the police car for at least three seasons

Next year will most likely be Iron Colossus at SFMM so possibly 2016.

I wonder if it would be possible for them to do two RMC Projects in one Season. I don't really see why they couldn't....

This is all great news for Batman. Currently, the queue looks like complete crap and is absurdly long. Only once have I ever seen the line go into the "park" themed area, so that shortcut is a great idea

In my opinion, no themeing is better than horrible looking themeing. For example, when the park removed the cop car, the Styrofoam hydrant and bricks were just left sitting there. There is no reason they couldn't have taken 30 seconds to grab the stuff and throw them away. Instead they leave them there to rot for two or three seasons.

Okay, for those wondering what I am talking about, here is a photo I found in a photo TR, credit goes to "Condor"

The hydrant and "stones" have been sitting there without the police car for at least three seasons

Maybe I can wreck one of our cop cars and see if my department can sell it off to SF cheap...

Is the iron boss still a possibility for 2015? I think that it would be a really good addition to the Park, since we have three wooden coasters and I think that it would also go over good with the general public.

The last we heard from out 'inside source', there were no RMC plans for the Boss.

Edited by prozach626

I actually really loved the theming the Batman clones used to have. I wonder why the parks did away with it.

I'm guessing it cost too much to repaint and touch up the queues so they just decided to remove it all. I blame the idiots who enjoy sticking gum everywhere and peeling the paint off the walls and railings. The teens that Six Flags attracts would rather destroy the queue than enjoy the themeing.

I actually really loved the theming the Batman clones used to have. I wonder why the parks did away with it.

I'm guessing it cost too much to repaint and touch up the queues so they just decided to remove it all. I blame the idiots who enjoy sticking gum everywhere and peeling the paint off the walls and railings. The teens that Six Flags attracts would rather destroy the queue than enjoy the themeing.

But the theming was a bunch of random crap and graffiti everywhere. If they scratched their names into stuff it might only add to the theming and removing it won't help the gum issue anyway. I don't see how that theming cost much of anything to maintain since it's themed to something that WASN'T ever maintained.

Then again if that kind of theming is so expensive hats off to them for all the money they must spend on theming at Six Flags America.

I wonder if it would be possible for them to do two RMC Projects in one Season. I don't really see why they couldn't....

Iron Rattler and Outlaw Run were both built by RMC in 2013, right?

Iron Rattler and Outlaw Run were both built by RMC in 2013, right?

Yes. Your point is?

They've done a lot more than two every season if you count retracking projects. Even if you don't, look at this year with Goliath and Medusa.

So yes, it is possible to do SFMM and SFStL in the same Season. Like previously mentioned, SDC and SFFT, and SFM and SFGAm have been done in the same Season. Like I said, I'm still holding on to hope.

They also said at IAAPA that they were expanding their offices because of the large amount of business they were getting.

They are being paid to do the work of gods. Excellent. I could seriously see The Boss taking up all of RMC's resources during the construction. The ride's huge and is built on steep terrain, so the length+nature of the ride's layout could make this quite an interesting project for SfSTL.

Also, hello everybody! I'm new here at TPR, but I've been a frequent guest at the park. Looking forward to meeting you guys!