TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Personally, I love the Scooby Doo Dark Ride, and I would be very disappointed to see it discontinued. But, I would still look forward to the new theme and concept. I even still miss the Castaway Kids lol!

I'd either theme it to Looney Tunes (Like SFOT) or Make another Monster Mansion clone.

^Yay I don't see that them spending $8 million on a dark ride.

I really hope the rumors are true and we get a decent dark ride.

It might cost a little less as the dark ride is built already. WBMW built a brand new dark ride in a building. Plus "Maybe" Six Flags might sign a contract to build like 5 dark rides and might get a package deal.

If this becomes Justice League, I'll bet the SFFT one will be next.

I know Sally is awesome, but I'm just not too pumped over a Justice League theme. I hope it turns out better than it sounds. Granted it is still just speculation at this time.

The one at Warner Bros. Movie World is supposedly good.

It might cost a little less as the dark ride is built already. WBMW built a brand new dark ride in a building.

The one at SFSTL would essentially be a brand new dark ride as well, since the boat system is going to be taken out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm guessing the new Justice League dark ride will only have a slight resemblance to the version at Warner Bros. Movie World. The budget for SFSTL will most likely be far less.

I haven't been on our Dark ride in years, how bad of shape is it in these days? Guess it is a good testament to sfstl maintenance staff keeping those old barges afloat for 40 plus years.

When I rode it last May it looked like it was in fine shape. It seems to be just the way it was when it opened with the Scooby remodel.

Park maintenance crews don't get enough credit for what they do.

I agree. The crew at SFSTL has kept American Thunder one smoothest, if not THE smoothest, coasters I have ever ridden. The Boss and Ninja are rough rides, but the maintenance crew can't really control the roughness of those two.

I was just wondering, do you think SFStL next Coaster addition will be a replacement for The Ninja, or do you think they will keep it around to keep the Coaster count up?

That is a tough one, Ninja isn't popular at all and only develops a 30 min wait on days that other rides have hour-two hour waits so in that regard it looks ready to be replaced, on the other hand it could be kept for several more years again to keep up the coaster count. I am leaning more towards it getting replaced since its popularity has hit rock bottom, but the question is when.

Another thought I had is they will keep it when the next Coaster is installed to put the parks Coaster count at 10, and then replace it with the one after that. Of course every bit of this is speculation, but I think that is very logical.

The only ride that was closed for a long period of time was Excalibur at the start of the season. Excalibur was closed for a while because they were waiting for new drive motors to come in, and once it got them it ran fine for the entire season. Park maintenance crews don't get enough credit for what they do.

Also Mr. Freeze, when the transformer shot, on the second day of the season-I believe it was 2011; and the ride was down I believe for 3 or 4 weeks.

That is a tough one, Ninja isn't popular at all and only develops a 30 min wait on days that other rides have hour-two hour waits so in that regard it looks ready to be replaced, on the other hand it could be kept for several more years again to keep up the coaster count. I am leaning more towards it getting replaced since its popularity has hit rock bottom, but the question is when.

The Ninja's shelf life here in STL is way past due. Next please.

The Ninja has a small footprint, so I'd actually rather see a few flats placed there instead of a coaster.

Is there any talk about a mine train replacement or would that not be possible because it is a "classic" and is one of few family coasters in the park? A FireChaser Express-style ride would be a nice replacement for it.

The ninja may have a small foot print but there is still plenty of room there for a significant Coaster addition. The Coaster could cross over the Mine Train and the Railroad Tracks, or it could travel behind the arcade (former Sky Ride Station). I've pictured that in my mind quite a bit. Look at it on Google maps if you want a better perspective of what I'm talking about.

I know some people are absolutely opposed to a 4th wooden roller coaster, but considering the very tight space RMC fit Goliath into and the relatively cheap price (compared to steel coasters) that these RMC woodies cost. I seriously think that an RMC woodie has to be a real possibility if they're going to replace Ninja with another coaster. I think the one thing to watch would be if they build the kiddie coaster where the go-karts are (Keeps the coaster count the same) and then remove Ninja for about two seasons. Wooden roller coasters are a lot more complex at designing, with all the footers and bents. They're going to need to have the land completely cleared so they can get in and survey it, then it'll take a year to finalize the whole design process. This all complete speculation on my part, but if Ninja is removed at the end of the 2014 season and nothing is announced to replace it, I wouldn't be shocked if a RMC woodie is announced for the 2017 season. This time table is based off the one that happened with Iron Wolf being replaced by Goliath at SFGA