TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I wish they would open the path between Batman and The Joker again.

I don't see the point since it's like an extra 30 seconds to go the other way. I don't blame them for not deconstructing Insanity Alley during the summer season since it takes more effort to put it up each year.

I understand that point. I just really enjoyed that path. I liked the theming and I loved being able to watch the 2nd half of Batman from there. Its no biggie, just kind of odd not having it there after so many years of using it. I will add, I rarely saw other people using that path.

If you dislike the park so much to the point where you feel the need to constantly bash it there is a simple solution: Dont go to the Park! But that is just my opinion.

Since I haven't been in a couple years, I think it's pretty safe to say I don't go.

I will always have high hope for SFStL, whether we ever get a signature steel Coaster or not. Even as it is now, SFStL is a fantastic park! Do I agree with every decision that has been made for the park? No. But I also know it is WAY better than a lot of people make it out to be. If you dislike the park so much to the point where you feel the need to constantly bash it there is a simple solution: Dont go to the Park! But that is just my opinion.

Good point. Eventually I'm hoping better things will come to SFStL and will still continue to support the park whenever I visit St. Louis. The way I see it is if people give up on the park, nothing big will ever come if the attendance can't support it. The good thing is that SFStL has had a good run of new attractions year after year so at least they are adding rides vs. just some show. New or used.....wrong, right, or indifferent at least they're putting in new attractions. SFFT went from getting SKC in 2000 and then really much of nothing until 2007 when they got THBS (same as SFStL) and then Goliath (B:TR) in 2008, Wiggles World in 2009 and then shows until Sky Screamer showed up in 2012 and iRat in 2013 and Bahama Blaster for the waterpark in 2014.

Smaller parks will always have their dry spells but will eventually catch up.

Thank you for agreeing, and you are exactly right! Things could be so much worse at SFStL than what they are. If someone really finds the park so offensive then why go to the park, and/or visit a thread that is dedicated to discussion of the park? Dont get me wrong, I too have had negative opinions on the subject matter, and I know we are here to discuss and debate and share our opinions, but those who come here with constant negative attitudes in EVERY SINGLE POST, it gets old! I will continue to defend SFStL. To each their own I guess lol!

It's called having an opposing opinion. If it weren't for skeptics or realists, the thread would be full of misinformation and "Next year I bet we will get a hyper" posts. Kind of like this one:

^ Oh I'm defintely expecting 2015 to be SFStL year! And I think most of us will be quite happy with what is announced.

Your perception is that I'm being negative. My perception is that I am being realistic. Unfortunately, my theory of "We're not going to get anything big anytime soon" is proven year after year, where as yours, not so much.

The park is nice. The park has a lot to offer. I can say those two things. One thing I won't say is that I'm going back next year to ride the same rides I've ridden hundreds of times. It's not because I have anything against any of the rides. It's because I literally don't get enough enjoyment out of the park to spend the money. If you want to go back to the park, go for it. Support it. Good for you. However, your overly optimistic attitude can be just as annoying as me saying that we're not getting anything large scale for several years. I will GLADLY put my foot in my mouth and buy some park tickets if I'm proven wrong.

I have always been a firm believer in 'If You Build They Will Come' opposed to 'If You Come Then They Will Build It'. I have been waiting for at least 10 years for that to happen. The park needs attention, they are too many other parks around STL that folks can road trip to rather then settling on SFSTL. SDC, WOF, Kings Island, SFGA, and Holiday World are all within reach ... if you really don't mind driving then add Cedar Point. The recent additions (SkyScreamer, Water Park Rides) are fine but their coaster selection is hurting. Boomerang was the Nail that killed it for me. That needs to be rectified before I buy another ticket to SFSTL. I used to be a Season Pass holder, not anymore. Sorry.

I agree with Steve. Many of us are jaded after years of disappointment.

Just a hypothetical queston but waht if Six Flags is taking a different approach at St. Louis as compared to the larger parks in the chain? If the family park concept is working well enough and the company is pleased with the return they are getting from it then in their mindset they think why change the formula.

SFGAm is pretty much servicing the same Midwest region as SFStL and SFGAm will get more due to being a bigger park in a bigger market.

Just a hypothetical queston but waht if Six Flags is taking a different approach at St. Louis as compared to the larger parks in the chain? If the family park concept is working well enough and the company is pleased with the return they are getting from it then in their mindset they think why change the formula.

SFGAm is pretty much servicing the same Midwest region as SFStL and SFGAm will get more due to being a bigger park in a bigger market.

SFGAm is 5-6 hours away from St. Louis. They can both be big parks and both be successful. SFOT and SFFT are way closer to each other and both have gotten huge additions in the past years. SFSTL has the potential to be both a family park and a high-thrill park, kind of like SDC (minus the amazing theming, of course).

SFGAm is 5-6 hours away from St. Louis. They can both be big parks and both be successful. SFOT and SFFT are way closer to each other and both have gotten huge additions in the past years. SFSTL has the potential to be both a family park and a high-thrill park, kind of like SDC (minus the amazing theming, of course).

Six Flags Corporate main concern is protecting their turf within a 4 hours radius of SFStL from WoF and SDC. They are not overly concerned about cannibalizing SFGAm business.

Six Flags Corporate main concern is protecting their turf within a 4 hours radius of SFStL from WoF and SDC. They are not overly concerned about cannibalizing SFGAm business.

I agree. In my opinion, they have a much better selection of coasters than WoF, but they need something to make them AT LEAST around the same level as SDC. Here is how the breakdown of the rides for me go:

WoF vs. SFSTL

Mamba vs. Mr. Freeze= Mr. Freeze

Patriot vs. Batman= Batman

Boomerang vs. Boomerang= tie

Spinning Dragons vs. Pandemonium= tie

Timber Wolf vs. Boss= Boss

Prowler vs. American Thunder= Prowler

SDC vs. SFSTL

Thunderation vs. River King Mine Train= Thunderation

Wildfire vs. Batman= Batman (very close, though)

Outlaw Run vs. Boss= Outlaw Run

Mr. Freeze vs. Powder Keg= Powder Keg (another very close call)

My family has visited SDC just as many times as SFSTL this year, primarily because of Outlaw Run. We live four and a half hours from SDC and a half hour from SFSTL. If SFSTL had one more signature ride they could be just as popular as SDC in my opinion.

2 majors and a 2 minors:

1. RMC treatment to the Boss

2. A Modern Steel Coaster to replace the Ninja.

a. Extend the Moon Car layout, Rehab Queue, Theming, and Landscaping.

b. Bring the Bumper Cars back! Not the old ones, brand new bldg and vehicles ...a park without Bumper Cars is like a Fast Food joint that doesn't serve French Fries.

2 majors and a 2 minors:

1. RMC treatment to the Boss

2. A Modern Steel Coaster to replace the Ninja.

a. Extend the Moon Car layout, Rehab Queue, Theming, and Landscaping.

b. Bring the Bumper Cars back! Not the old ones, brand new bldg and vehicles ...a park without Bumper Cars is like a Fast Food joint that doesn't serve French Fries.

The steel coaster could be a Eurofighter or El Loco. I'd love for a Moon Car journey through the woods. Don't know where that would be though. The "new" bumper cars could go in that Axis Arcade near the Joker.

I thought the inside scoop was that Dave Roemer IS looking to both replacing the bumper cars and finding a way to extend/move somewhere where they can have a longer course the Moon cars eventually. I know it feels like they are behind the eight ball with SFStL, but I really feel that doing something with the Hannibarrel spot FINALLY is a good sign that Six Flags is paying more attention to the future of the park.

^

Correct. After meeting with Dave a lot, here is what I see as a rational addition list for the coming years:

-Moon Cars: Dave is extremely disappointed with the Moon Cars layout and will jump at the first chance to relocate.

-Carousel: 100th Anniversary relocation to the central garden just south of the train station with a total renovation.

-Bumper Cars: There are a few locations, but if brought back, it will be an open air area rather than closed in.

-Kiddie Coaster: Taking the place of the Go Karts on that nice hilly area in front of the Boss.

-Scooby-Doo: A new dark ride taking that building with the removal of the boats. I liked them, but it is inevitable.

-Air Race?: He seems pretty intrigued by the Zamperla Air Race, but didn't mention purchasing one.

-Tilt-A-Whirl?: Dave is a HUGE tilt a whirl fan and would like to add one some day.

I don't know what exactly is going to happen, but these seem like nice additions to help round out the park. Dave is extremely passionate about his job. Also, this off-season, he mentioned some great off-season work projects, and as soon as I find out if any of them are being funded, I will let you know!

1. I am really excited for the new Moon Cars track. The current one is a 30 second journey. It'd be cool to have the new track sort of similar to Holiday World's.

2. The carousel would look grand in the plaza. But isn't the garden area on a hill? How much flat space is there for the carousel?

3. I don't like the idea of an open-air bumper cars ride. Why would a roof be too expensive?

4. A kiddie coaster would be a nice addition. As long as it doesn't have a height maximum. I'd love to see this be a dragon-themed attraction. It would fit the theme of the area.

5. I still don't see why they are wanting to replace Scooby-Doo. I mean, sure the show isn't as popular as it was back in the day, but his relevance hasn't really gone down since 2002 when the ride was built.

6-7. Any family flats would be great additions to the park.

Here is my thinking:

2015 is all of the additions/refurbishments listed above minus the new dark ride

2016 is a big attraction for the park's 45th anniversary

2017 is the new dark ride

Does anybody know anything about the theatre by Batman? Such as is it still open, in not then why did it close and when did it close? What is it used for currently. Thanks.

This year Looney Tunes show was relocated there because the outdoor stage was too hot for the performers. It was the first time in awhile the Empire had been used during the regular season. For the past few years during Fright Fest the theater has been used for the hypnotist show.

Does anybody know anything about the theatre by Batman? Such as is it still open, in not then why did it close and when did it close? What is it used for currently. Thanks.

This year Looney Tunes show was relocated there because the outdoor stage was too hot for the performers. It was the first time in awhile the Empire had been used during the regular season. For the past few years during Fright Fest the theater has been used for the hypnotist show.

Do you just enter from the sides and not the front? Also what is the coliseum building?

Do you just enter from the sides and not the front? Also what is the coliseum building?

The two entrances to the Empire are on the left and right sides of the front side of the building. Their are two doors used for exits on the sides. I don't know what the Coliseum is..

The two entrances to the Empire are on the left and right sides of the front side of the building. Their are two doors used for exits on the sides. I don't know what the Coliseum is..

It was by the hanibarrels.

^ The old Sound Stage No. 2?

If so, it hasn't been used in years, except for the covered area near the entrance for karaoke and small events. This year it was renovated into Total Darkness for Fright Fest, which was a huge hit judging by the lengthy lines every night.

Personally, I love the Scooby Doo Dark Ride, and I would be very disappointed to see it discontinued. But, I would still look forward to the new theme and concept. I even still miss the Castaway Kids lol!