TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Can't we just agree they should Iron Horse the Boss to turn the double dip into 1 long drop of 200+ feet?

I think most everyone wants to see that done, except for a few die hard fans. I also don't think there's a question of 'if' it will happen, but when. SF corp seems to love those hybrids. Especially since it means lower maintenance costs in the future. If that means scrapping the helix, so be it. That would even leave room for a small flat, or something else, in that spot.

^&^^ I'm not sure if it would open it up for a new flat. The coaster is still going to have to come down that same path and make turn to bring it into the break run with the helix or without the helix.

^^ Don't take the shittiest addition in park history and try to move up from that. Don't let a mediocre used coaster satisfy your urge.

It's not my urge to get a used B&M. Just like most of us being realistic about getting only a RMC through a Boss Rehab, my posts were based solely on the fact that a used B&M was probably the only way SFStL would see any kind of B&M.

^^ I gotcha. I don't know if you have ridden them or not, but unfortunately they really aren't as good as they look. Last year I rode scream at MM and I really couldn't believe how boring it was. I was excited to ride it, so I really tried to like it, and it just didn't happen. I've also rode 'medusa' at SFGAd during it's first year of operation, but that was too long ago to comment.

Something like wild fire ad SDC is drastically better than Scream or Bizzaro. As far as stand up's go, they are getting pretty rough. The only smooth experience I've had on a stand up was Georgia Scorcher. There's a clear reason why no one builds them, anymore. Many of them are now walk-on's.

^^ I gotcha. I don't know if you have ridden them or not, but unfortunately they really aren't as good as they look. Last year I rode scream at MM and I really couldn't believe how boring it was. I was excited to ride it, so I really tried to like it, and it just didn't happen. I also rode 'medusa' at SFGAd during it's first year of operation, but that was too long ago to comment.

Something like wild fire ad SDC is drastically better than Scream or Bizzaro. As far as stand up's go, they are getting pretty rough. The only smooth experience I've had on a stand up was Georgia Scorcher. There's a clear reason why no one builds them, anymore. Many of them are now walk-on's.

If anyone was wondering, the Fright Fest site is up, listing all attractions and pricesfrightfest.sixflags.com/stlouis/. I noticed that the Slasher Pass (Haunted House Unlimited Entry) is somewhat cheaper at $15 for 4 attractions. The Express Slasher Pass is now only $25, compared to around $35 last year. I have also heard that Zombie Paintball Apocalypse will be a $15 up charge.

^ I've not ridden a floorless yet, but I've ridden a stand-up and I didn't enjoy my experience on it.

Yeah... stand-ups just aren't good, period. (imo) The only one I ever somewhat enjoyed was Georgia Scorcher. Floorless coasters are very similar to stand-ups without as much head banging.

^ I've not ridden a floorless yet, but I've ridden a stand-up and I didn't enjoy my experience on it.

Yeah... stand-ups just aren't good, period. (imo) The only one I ever somewhat enjoyed was Georgia Scorcher. Floorless coasters are very similar to stand-ups without as much head banging.

Point in case River King Mine Train when they decided to make a stand up versison and it only lasted a season or so lol

Yep... you are correct. I rode it once or twice when it was a stand-up. It was really a lame idea, very boring. Something was 'fishy' about that accident, not sure if it was completely the coaster's fault. Can't remember all the details but there was some controversy surrounding that.

Yep... you are correct. I rode it once or twice when it was a stand-up. It was really a lame idea, very boring. Something was 'fishy' about that accident, not sure if it was completely the coaster's fault. Can't remember all the details but there was some controversy surrounding that.

I always thought that too, and you might be a rarity in its self to get to ride that contraption.

With just 9 days until Fright Fest, everything is starting to come together, Fright Fest 2013 includes the following:

Attractions -

The Slaughter House (extra charge) – in old Mine Train station house

Insanity Alley (extra charge) – outdoor maze behind Empire Theater

Blind Fury (extra charge) – outdoor maze in shade arbors

Total Darkness (extra charge) – inside Sound Stage No.2

Zombie Paintball Apocalypse (extra charge) - hayride (enter by Tidal Wave)

Holidead Express (terror train) - enter/exit Bugs Bunny National Park station

Shows -

Love At First Fright – at Palace Theater

Dead Man’s Party – Palace Porch

Freakout Circus (The Rotten Bros. freak show) – next to Sound Stage No. 2

Freaks Unleashed (starts Fright by Night) – Palace Porch

Final Freakout (night show) {Friday and Saturday only} – Palace porch

Pyrogeist – DC Comics Plaza circle

Trick-or-Trance Hypnosis with Steve Daly – at Empire Theater

Scare Areas -

Minions Of The Scare-O-Jack (with “Big Troll”) – front mall area

Zombieville – Old Chicago (Boomerang) area

Sinister Clowns – near Sound Stage No.2

Spider Alley - Moon Cars/American Thunder area

Gnawlins’ Hollow - near exit of Log Flume area

The Seven Deadly Sins – St. Louis Train Station area

Gag Alley – near Calico’s

For the kids -

Macabre Mansion (kids maze, story telling and more) – Miss Kitty’s/Calico’s area

Also, there are survey markers around the Hannibarrels area, but I doubt that the ride will be removed before the end of the season.

Edited by SFZIP

For unlimted one night entry to Slaughter House, Blind Fury, Total Darkness and Insanity Alley it is $15 (express is $25), prices are cheaper than last year. Zombie paintball is an extra upcharge seperate from the other four attractions, I don't know the final price, but I've heard $15.

Hey guys got a question for you, is there a couple looming next weekend to renew season passes at Six Flags St Louisuis? Me any my partner are looking to renew ours but the cost of two gold passes is the sames as a family four pack with the free gold pass upgrade. Is there a couple that will be at the park next weekend that will go in halfsies?

Just let me know here an or by pvt message and I will get you my contact info. We will be coming up after Iget off work Friday from Springfield and will be available after the races Saturday afternoon.

Just let me know, we have to always come up with creative uses for the passes and I would just assume an enthusiast have them.

Scare Areas (final names may be slightly different) -

Minions Of The Scare-O-Jack (with “Big Troll”) – front mall area

Zombieville – Old Chicago (Boomerang) area

Sinister Clown Compound – near Sound Stage No.2

Spider Alley - Moon Cars/American Thunder area

Gnawlins’ Hollow - near exit of Log Flume area

The Seven Deadly Sins – St. Louis Train Station area

The Sinister Clowns area will include a walk through attraction (free) with a spinning tunnel and a walk through the normally employees only break area that is being converting. Going through there today, I was extremely impressed with how cool it is going to be for free.

The Gnawlins' Hollow area will also be a free walk through although this one sounds like it's going to be pretty small. Basically a normally backstage area behind the arcade will be opened up and converted. This area is the space between the arcade and the Scooby-Doo dark ride building that gives the illusion that they are all just one building.

Anyway, talking to Dave tonight on my way to drop off my keys, he seemed really excited talking about the insane amount of theming. There is an employee preview night this Wednesday, the 25th, so I will let you guys know any kind of reviews of which attractions are the best without including any spoilers. I hope that everyone who went to Daredevil Days today enjoyed having all nine coasters to themselves and had a great day.

After work today, I swung by the back of the parking lot where the paintball wagons are. There are at least five, and I wanted to get a picture for those of you who wanted to know what they looked like.

IMG_20130922_183509_836.thumb.jpg.a2f717d00a7a6e09648d19f7eac331e1.jpg

There are two big, yellow CO2 tanks (I believe), with about nine guns anchored to each side of the wagon.

There is also one outside the park gates to advertise the hayride as well.

Weird that they still have those bumper cars.

If I remember correctly, I think that they are being saved in case they need to be cannibalized for spare parts for similar rides operating at other parks.

Speaking of cannibalization, the Gnawlins haunt is based on cannibals. Also, there is a tree by Shazam! that has its base covered in bloody shoes with dozens of shoes hanging from the branches. I love the attention to creepy detail this year.