TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ Even if RMC does not do a Boss renovation, if the park does expand to that side of the park in the not so near future I'm sure the queue for The Boss would be re-worked then. As of right now there is no real need to, and it would'nt be easy or cheap to do with so much in the way at this point in time.

Because the train goes through there, the only change they could make would be to have The Boss' queue go UNDER the train tracks instead of over.

If they did an expansion (remove Go Karts and Sky Coaster) The Boss' queue would be shortended, and re-figured, so they would just have a walkway go over the tracks with gaurd rails just like all the other paths in the park that cross the tracks. The reason they have the bridge over the track now is to prevent people from standing on the tracks while queueing for The Boss.

Because the train goes through there, the only change they could make would be to have The Boss' queue go UNDER the train tracks instead of over.

If they get rid of the go cart tracks, they can re due the queue over there like screaming eagle's queue and then there would just be a regular walkway over the train tracks, or use the old go cart walkway entrance to get into that section of park to get to the boss and the junior coaster (or whatever they decide to put there)

Edit: Vonni got to it before I could, dang, but he is right also

SFSTL - home of the awkward queues...

Batman - Literally about four times to long

Boss - Climb over the train tracks, weave back and fourth, then take an odd roller coaster tycoonish bridge to the station

Screaming Eagle - Hidden in the corner of a game area

Mr. Freeze - Cross a river, on to an island, walk another few miles past the queue houses that will never be full, and enter the dark rapist alley hallways

Am I missing any?

The whole reason The Boss' queue has the bridge over the tracks is for when there is a long line and people would be UNABLE to get off the train tracks when a train is coming. There is no way safety regulations would allow the queue to have the same type of crossing that the exit path already has.

Batman - Literally about four times to long

Boss - Climb over the train tracks, weave back and fourth, then take an odd roller coaster tycoonish bridge to the station

Screaming Eagle - Hidden in the corner of a game area

Mr. Freeze - Cross a river, on to an island, walk another few miles past the queue houses that will never be full, and enter the dark rapist alley hallways

Am I missing any?

Haha I never thought of that

Ninja- Long queue line under the station which will never be full

River King Mine- Another impossibly long queue which you have to weave by starting at the front and walking all the way back to get back to the front

Thunder River- Again another impossibly long queue line that curves around the river into a station, and when you exit you leave onto a bridge and into another game arcade area

^Not as bad as those others but non the less

Also Screaming Eagle with the old unused queue line in front and wondering why they opted to start the queue inside of a game area and block off the old one

Mr Freeze I have never seen them use those queue houses and I've stated that I felt very uncomfortable on that bride over the go carts on the Boss, big people walking by and the whole thing is shaking and it doesn't help with the roar of the go carts below

And agreed what the heck is with the queue line on batman?

The whole reason The Boss' queue has the bridge over the tracks is for when there is a long line and people would be UNABLE to get off the train tracks when a train is coming. There is no way safety regulations would allow the queue to have the same type of crossing that the exit path already has.

True but we ain't saying that, what were saying is that IF they REMOVE the go carts, and RMC or something else happens over there like a new coaster, then we can expect a new queue line away from the tracks back by the old go carts

Yes.... and we... understand that.

...and every coaster turns before the first drop

Good one! I never thought about that.

Shoot the Rapids at Cedar Point has a train running through the queue entrance. You just station an employee to make sure nobody is on the tracks and to hold people behind the crossing, and the gates close like usual. I've waited beyond the tracks for STR, and it was no problem.

Pointless bridge argument is pointless, gentlemen. A few of us were simply saying that we hope if RMC does a makeover of the Boss they can more efficiently re-route the queue, somehow. It's up to them to figure it out, not us.

If they add the kiddie coaster where the go carts are, I hope they redo The Boss's queue. That has to be one of the most ridiculous queues I've ever seen, along with Batman's.

Agreed, also unsafe on the bridge over the track, that thing shakes with a lot of people on it

They aren't going to remove the Go Karts. This is Six Flags, Not Cedar Fair.

Wrong. Kinda. They would remove the Go Karts, but relocate them fairly soon after that to a different location. Dave mentioned maybe back behind the very back of the parking lot, so you could get people to make a stop there on their way out of the parking lot. The current track is extremely hilly, which isn't ideal. Besides, they'd have to look at the ridership numbers and see how much they really make compared to the huge operating cost. Then, they would have to see if the ridership number is declining. If it is, they may just be better off totally getting rid of them.

And agreed what the heck is with the queue line on batman?

To see how many line jumpers and impatient pre-teens/teens I can queue up behind me as my 8YO and I make our leisurely stroll to the loading area.

In other words... for my amusement.

I have stood in a line for Mr. Freeze that had to use the queue houses, and I have stood in lines for The Boss and Batman that have had to use the ENTIRE queue line before. So those massive queues everyone complains about are there for a reason. Just because you dont see them utilized does not mean they never are.

I have stood in a line for Mr. Freeze that had to use the queue houses, and I have stood in lines for The Boss and Batman that have had to use the ENTIRE queue line before. So those massive queues everyone complains about are there for a reason. Just because you dont see them utilized does not mean they never are.

I've always been stuck waiting in the Mr. Freeze Queue Houses. It's the one ride I've never walked onto in my years attending SFStL.

I've always been stuck waiting in the Mr. Freeze Queue Houses. It's the one ride I've never walked onto in my years attending SFStL.

I always go the first of the season like opening day, and usually around their Fright Fest; so seeing long lines is uncommon for many rides expect for Batman. I still have no idea why that ride is so popular and so many people are willing to wait for it.

Wrong. Kinda. They would remove the Go Karts, but relocate them fairly soon after that to a different location. Dave mentioned maybe back behind the very back of the parking lot, so you could get people to make a stop there on their way out of the parking lot. The current track is extremely hilly, which isn't ideal. Besides, they'd have to look at the ridership numbers and see how much they really make compared to the huge operating cost. Then, they would have to see if the ridership number is declining. If it is, they may just be better off totally getting rid of them.

Maybe they can get rid of the antique cars up front by American Thunder, and move the antique cars to the back if they expand and use the woods that way they can do something useful with the moon cars

...and every coaster turns before the first drop

Ha that is a good one, though does Boomerang turn and drop? I have not got to try it out yet

^ That would be excellent for the Antique cars! The current location is rather...lame. Now Boomerang has no turning drops, just straight up, straight down, twist, twist again, loop, straight up, repeat. lol

^ That would be excellent for the Antique cars! The current location is rather...lame. Now Boomerang has no turning drops, just straight up, straight down, twist, twist again, loop, straight up, repeat. lol

I know right, I've seen pics in the old days when the location and layout made sense and looked awesome. Now American Thunder and the shorting of the track, well like you said its lame.

And lol Boomerang sounds like so much fun with that description

I'd love to see the moon cars be relocated and given a proper course. Maybe through a nice garden with lots of ponds and fountains. Just looks like a pretty idea in my mind.

I was thinking of it weaving in and out of the forest in the back, that to me would be awesome

I'd love to see the moon cars be relocated and given a proper course. Maybe through a nice garden with lots of ponds and fountains. Just looks like a pretty idea in my mind.

I was thinking of it weaving in and out of the forest in the back, that to me would be awesome

That could make for an awesome Fright Fest attraction.

That could make for an awesome Fright Fest attraction.

Huh, it could, imagine a forest of spooky things and people that jump out at ya lol or even rig the cars to take over and self drive after reaching a certain area