TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Solution: don't set your expectations so high for our park, it will never be the park you hope it could be. And then go to King's Island.

Instead of that, how about we enjoy the park with what it offers, and not complain about what it could be or what it "should" have.

Yes. Trick yourself into being happy about paying too much money to ride sub par rides. I'll continue to spend my money on things that actually make me happy.

hmmmmm... upgraded down pipe for my WRX...

Solution: don't set your expectations so high for our park, it will never be the park you hope it could be. And then go to King's Island.

Instead of that, how about we enjoy the park with what it offers, and not complain about what it could be or what it "should" have.

Yes. Trick yourself into being happy about paying too much money to ride sub par rides. I'll continue to spend my money on things that actually make me happy.

hmmmmm... upgraded down pipe for my WRX...

People really need to calm the f**k down in this thread.

The park is getting a new addition this year. Regardless if it's used or not, regardless if it's a ride you're interested in or not, parks getting capital spent on them is a good thing.

If you don't like the fact that they are getting a Boomerang, don't go ride it. Simple.

I think I've heard enough complaining for one Boomerang in this thread.

Got it?

Good.

Edited by robbalvey

Boomerang is a solid coaster,no matter what people think its gonna bring in people and add another coaster to thier list of rides.It came from my home park sfot and im gonna love the new sky screamer but im gonna miss "flashback" cause it was an intense coaster,and now we have one less coaster and yall have gained one more.

Thats so cool! I love that direction! I think it would look great down there in the kiddie area! Plus its so close to the Mine Train, its like stepping stones for new riders!

Where in BBNP do they have room for a roller coaster? Maybe in the forested area where the huge treehouse is they could fit something small, but it would have to be something like the previous kiddie coaster. I really can't see anywhere in BBNP that they have room for anything like a rollerskater size coaster.

I was picturing kind of a mini expansion, by placing it in between the theater and the restaraunt on top of the hill. I'm sorry I cant remember the name of the restaraunt. Its the one that sat empty for multiple years.

I was picturing kind of a mini expansion, by placing it in between the theater and the restaraunt on top of the hill. I'm sorry I cant remember the name of the restaraunt. Its the one that sat empty for multiple years.

Calico's Fried Chicken?

The yellow wood restaurant building? That was the Calico Kitchen fried chicken restaurant after the original location became McDonald's and now Mooseburger Lodge. But now that location is a season pass processing center. There is nowhere in Bugs Bunny National Park to build a modest sized child/family coaster like a rollerskater. Or are you talking about the restaurant further up the hill with the Character meet and greets, the Character Café in the redwood stained building going up the hill to Screamin' Eagle that used to be Stockyard's Barbecue? Are you talking about the AMPHItheater Old Glory when you say theater? I don't think they have enough room there either to build a modest sized coaster.

If Scooby-Doo or Hot Wheels are the themes, I could see them in DC Comics Plaza.

I know Six Flags is not the best theme park corporation at theme-ing, but a ride themed as those two would make literally no sense in Bugs Bunny National Park.

Also, my friend's mom's high school class all seemed to go into the theme park business. One is a main Imagineer at Disney, one is some type of high-up manager of SFSTL, I believe he is in charge of marketing.

Well, today at the park we ran into him and said hi and all. When we said that we weren't really that thrilled about Boomerang, he mentioned that he knows of SFSTL's plan for next year, and told us that it was a HUGE attraction(s) coming to the park. They way he was so excited about it made it sound like possibly an expansion with a few rides or maybe just one extreme ride.

I know he could be just saying that since it's his job, but he was REALLY enthusiastic.

I think, because of his comments and the surveys going on, the new attraction(s) for next year could be:

1. A hyper coaster

2. A wing coaster (X-Flight)

3. Pirate dark ride replacing Scooby-Doo

4. A kiddie coaster themed to Scooby-Doo

5. A combination of 1 or 2 and 3 or 4

Also, today the park told us there were 12,000 people in attendance.

Excalibur was running.

Batman's queue was COMPLETELY packed, the line stretched back to the swirly lines and all the switchbacks were full.

Ninja's line went down the stairs and filled up the switchback underneath the loading area.

Mine Train's queue was completely full as well.

Most crowded Six Flags has ever been for me. It was CRAZY.

SO yeah, that's all I have right now.

The park was absolutely insane with crowds today! I've never seen it like that, even with fright fest and opening weekend. Mr Freeze was having a few breakdowns throughout the day( mostly power related) and Xcalibur ran for a few hours until they shut it down around 6 or 7.

The yellow wood restaurant building? That was the Calico Kitchen fried chicken restaurant after the original location became McDonald's and now Mooseburger Lodge. But now that location is a season pass processing center. There is nowhere in Bugs Bunny National Park to build a modest sized child/family coaster like a rollerskater. Or are you talking about the restaurant further up the hill with the Character meet and greets, the Character Café in the redwood stained building going up the hill to Screamin' Eagle that used to be Stockyard's Barbecue? Are you talking about the AMPHItheater Old Glory when you say theater? I don't think they have enough room there either to build a modest sized coaster.

Yes I was talking about the Amphitheater is what I was taking about, and yes the restaraunt up towards Screaming Eagle. Thank you for clarifying that for me! So there isnt much space between the two? Its been a while since I've been there but I thought there was enough room for a kiddie coaster, like a Rollerskater. Hmm my memory must be off about that area then.

If Scooby-Doo or Hot Wheels are the themes, I could see them in DC Comics Plaza.

I know Six Flags is not the best theme park corporation at theme-ing, but a ride themed as those two would make literally no sense in Bugs Bunny National Park.

Also, my friend's mom's high school class all seemed to go into the theme park business. One is a main Imagineer at Disney, one is some type of high-up manager of SFSTL, I believe he is in charge of marketing.

Well, today at the park we ran into him and said hi and all. When we said that we weren't really that thrilled about Boomerang, he mentioned that he knows of SFSTL's plan for next year, and told us that it was a HUGE attraction(s) coming to the park. They way he was so excited about it made it sound like possibly an expansion with a few rides or maybe just one extreme ride.

I know he could be just saying that since it's his job, but he was REALLY enthusiastic.

I think, because of his comments and the surveys going on, the new attraction(s) for next year could be:

1. A hyper coaster

2. A wing coaster (X-Flight)

3. Pirate dark ride replacing Scooby-Doo

4. A kiddie coaster themed to Scooby-Doo

5. A combination of 1 or 2 and 3 or 4

No offense.. but oh my god, here we go again..............

Regarding space for a kiddie coaster... If they tear down the 1st Screamin' Eagle's Queue Bldg which is no longer is use, they could use that space and run it along the back of the seating area of the outdoor theater, and then back towards the restrooms across from that kiddie drop tower. It would have to be a custom job of course.