TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

You ideas are fine, it is just folks have been wanting/asking for the same things for the last 10 years - a Signature Steel coaster (Hyper) and some new flats. Besides Skyscreamer & American Thunder, all we seem to be getting is hand-me-downs from Texas (Houston, now Dallas). While American Thunder is a great coaster, it really wasn't what the park needed.

You ideas are fine, it is just folks have been wanting/asking for the same things for the last 10 years - a Signature Steel coaster (Hyper) and some new flats. Besides Skyscreamer & American Thunder, all we seem to be getting is hand-me-downs from Texas (Houston, now Dallas). While American Thunder is a great coaster, it really wasn't what the park needed.

American thunder would have been better had they installed woodie like Apocalypse. But considering how poorly they maintain wood, probably not a good choice. The Boss was awlful last year, worse in my opinion that Timber Wolf at WOF.

What would be cool is to put in a Intamin giga with a footprint similar to leviathan and make it interact with the front gate. I would even settle for a cookie cutter superman flyer.

American thunder would have been better had they installed woodie like Apocalypse. But considering how poorly they maintain wood, probably not a good choice. The Boss was awlful last year, worse in my opinion that Timber Wolf at WOF.

What would be cool is to put in a Intamin giga with a footprint similar to leviathan and make it interact with the front gate. I would even settle for a cookie cutter superman flyer.

The park maintains American Thunder very well. They have replaced the seats on the trains when they got worn out, so I'm sure they did other things to keep it maintained as well.

The park has been trying to maintain The Boss, but the ride is still very rough. (I went Opening Weekend and it was the most rough the ride has ever been I see why people are hoping it gets the Iron Horse treatment).

Screamin' Eagle is completely neglected. Six Flags is most likely going to let it rot away for a few more years and then demolish it. (Just like The Boss, it was rougher this year than ever).

A hyper/giga would be nice, and I'm sure the park has considered one, but it is probably too expensive for the park's budget. (Most of the rides for the past ten or so years were most likely under $10 million each, most under 5).

If we are to get one, a sign for us would be a year or two without a new ride. That would let the park save up for the coaster.

I don't see one in our near future.

My crystal ball says... "MORE HAND-ME-DOWN FLATS ARE IN YOUR FUTURE!!!" Crap.

^ it shouldn't be busy on a Sunday, but you could easily do everything in 1 day( multiple times) without one. It's your call, but I wouldn't waste my money on any of the flash passes. I went 2 weeks ago on a Sunday and waited maybe 10 mins for Mr. Freeze as the longest line.

I don't understand your post. American Thunder is a woodie like Apocalypse. The only difference is that nearly everyone who has ridden both feels American Thunder is better.

I don't think that the Boomerang train is even on the ride yet (unless it was put on in the last couple days), so you can't test a ride if the train isn't on the ride (the train was painted bright yellow, how bad is it going to clash with the bright orange and green?), it still won't open for another 5 weeks no matter if it's ready before than or not.

Don't worry too much about the terrible color choice. Within a few months, six flags will put vinyl hair gell adds covering most of the color, anyway.

There he is, the board's resident ray of sunshine!

Anyhoo....

Does anyone know of this park ever had a skyride? The lack of skyrides, double/triple wheels & parachute drops is saddening.

Don't worry too much about the terrible color choice. Within a few months, six flags will put vinyl hair gell adds covering most of the color, anyway.

There he is, the board's resident ray of sunshine!

Anyhoo....

Does anyone know of this park ever had a skyride? The lack of skyrides, double/triple wheels & parachute drops is saddening.

First of all, ProZach was just stating the obvious, so don't get all upset. Your reply to his "negative" post was just as negative.

Second of all, SFSTL did have a skyride and a parachute at one point. The skyride was removed after a gondola fell off and killed the people inside. Also, this is 2013. Not 1973. Why the heck is it saddening that SFSTL doesn't have outdated rides? Also, what the heck is a double/triple wheel?

Didn't know that about the sky ride accident, I had some sort of recollection that there was one.....that's what I asked.

As far as yearning for "old" rides, I think there's a fair amount of people that share my view on them. I get that the parachute drop is just "old", and there are many other "cooler" options out there........but it seems that both sky rides and double/triple wheels (especially with advances in technology/safety) could have a place in this modern age.

Just a unique ride that I'm a fan of - as are others. That ride, specifically, would benefit quite a bit from advances in technology. But I'm not honestly holding out any sort of real hope that my reminiscing will result in a resurgence!

The Ferris wheel is cool, I agree - neat to see it in the parks skyline.