TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

OMG!! This brings a tear to my eye.... I prayed that the Eagle would get some badly needed help... this is my all time favorite woodie, I rode it opening day back in 76, and have ridden it for 30 years now, and the ride is as awesome as it was back then, ( minus the missing hill after the big turn)

The first day the Screamin Eagle was opened was so crowded, it was my first big roller coaster and I was scared, I was only 12 years old.. we waited for about 2 1/2 hours and when I finally got to the station after all the climbing, it was so worth the wait.

Ahhhh yes Six Flags back in the day! what a thing it was...

• 3 weeks later...

The announcement will be made 02/15/06 Here is a quote from SFZIP at SFSTL.net.

"The announcement is definetly tomorrow Febuary 15th. The new name for the drop tower shouldn't surprise anybody (already used in the SF system). The new kids area name also changed slightly from what it orginally was to be named (theme remains the same). The kids carousel is not moving to the new kiddie area, but will remain somewhere in old LTT and the kids tea cup ride has a slightly different name than it was orginally.

These changes were because of Mark Shapiro's plan for Six Flags and not the park's decision to change the names from what the originally to be named (don't know what would have happened if Shapiro came after the original announcement date).

In the useless facts category, I know that Xcalibur was orginally going to be name Catapult before the final name change to Xcalibur. So this is not the first time the park has named a ride differently than what they had planned.

All will be known tomorrow and there are new parts for something being stored in the parking lot near Tornado (I have no idea what they are for).

Hmm something new in the parking lot!!! Hmmmmmmmmm!

What shall it be!

SIX FLAGS ST. LOUIS ANNOUNCES LARGEST ADDITION IN PARK'S HISTORY

Local Theme Park to add New Family Section, Thrill Ride and Entertainment

Package in 2006 As Company Celebrates 45 Years of Family Fun!

St. Louis – As Six Flags Theme Parks prepares to celebrate 45 years of family fun and entertainment, Six Flags St. Louis is set to add the largest number of rides, attractions and family entertainment at one time in the Eureka based theme park’s history! These exciting additions include a new and unique family section, Bugs BunnyTM National Park; the extreme free-fall ride, SUPERMANTM Tower of Power and an entertainment package including JUSTICE LEAGUETM characters, fireworks and a daily parade! “We are very excited to get this rare opportunity to introduce a new attraction package that offers so many different elements for so many members of our audience,” states David Roemer, General Manager of Six Flags St. Louis. “This year we are truly adding something for everyone from little kids and teens to young adults and parents that will make their visit to Six Flags St. Louis a priceless experience.” The new additions combine to offer 10 new rides and attractions for thrill seekers of all ages and offer the perfect compliment to the park’s existing line up of family attractions and thrill rides.

Bugs BunnyTM National Park

The first new section to be added to the park in nearly 20 years, Bugs Bunny National Park gives families a place that they can stay together and play together during their visit to Six Flags! Unlike most children’s areas, this specially designed area offers rides and attractions that parents can enjoy and participate in along with their children. Family rides include hot air balloon replica’s which take riders up, up and away; a flying rocket ship; a miniature drop ride; spinning tea cups; a rockin’, spinning tugboat and miniature train. Parents and older siblings can also participate in a 3-story tree house play structure as well as interactive water play fountain. If parents just want to watch, the pint-sized airplanes and our swinging ship are just for the little ones.

Bugs Bunny National Park also offers amenities including the Character Café serving family favorites, Ranger Station featuring souvenirs geared for younger guests and restrooms so fun seekers don’t have to leave the area.

SUPERMANTM Tower of Power

SUPERMAN Tower of Power, is an extreme free fall ride that will take thrill seekers’ breath away! SUPERMANTower of Power will test even nerves of steel as riders are slowly carried up to the top of the 230-ft tower while seated four across in ski-lift style chairs that face outward leaving their feet dangling in the open air. With a bird’s eye view of the park from this towering mass of steel, guests are suspended for several seconds of gut wrenching, muscle tensing anticipation before the impending drop, a 23-story plunge at speeds in excess of 60-mph! This breath-taking, white-knuckle free fall ends with a Super Heroes landing and riders lining up for another encounter with SUPERMAN Tower of Power!

More Family Entertainment

In 2006, Six Flags St. Louis not only offers more ride thrills than ever, but guests will experience a day of fantasy and awe unlike any other! Anyone who ever dreamed of leaping tall buildings in a single bound, having super human powers or saving the world will get the chance to meet some of their favorite JUSTICE LEAGUE characters in person this summer at the theme park. JUSTICE LEAGUE Super Heroes will take time out from defending good against evil to pose for photos and sign autographs for their loyal supporters. The Super Heroes will also take part in a daily parade featuring the Looney Tunes characters and other park celebrities amid music and fanfare. And a memorable day must have a perfect end with a nightly fireworks show filled with lights, music and magic! It’s a summer of new experiences like never before at Six Flags St. Louis!

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Through its subsidiaries, it owns and operates a total of 30 parks in North America. Six Flags parks serve 34 of the 50 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly held corporation with corporate offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. The Company's stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol: PKS.

#####

LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

SUPERMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.

hmm.. so they're gonna call that ride Superman, huh? Even though the colors don't match the superman theme AT ALL? That seems a little strange.. Oh well, at least SFSTL is actually getting new things--the park has been long overdue for some new stuff.

Repainting of the tower begins probably next week! Waisted some money there did they, what will be interesting how quickly they get the tower painted before opening.

Fox 2 the local news here had, video of the rides going in, NOT exactly what was Mini Cups has 6 cups! The one they showed was like Disney land or something a larger version! Looks like they are cramming alot of rides in this little area. With Wood Fencing around the attractions! NICE, Lets see how long they stay natural then painted black to cover graffiti, hopefully this never happens. Thats what happened to the boss, but I dont see little kids with sharpies or ink pens either.

A new link will be posted later as soon as they post the video!

Pics below were taken off the news cast of Fox2 our local news station!,

DSCF2171.JPG.d32d6eeb17beafb383d1000c7f0a0c55.JPG

A look at the Bugs Bunny town, you can see the Taz tea cups in place. Pic taken from FOX 2 news cast on my TV this morning!

Sorry for the quality, I know they are not the greatest, but at least gives you an idea of things happening!

DSCF2167.JPG.463f0758118a488abe2609a1323a2d4f.JPG

Tim Ezell from Fox 2 News, High above the park on top of the Tower!

From Fox2 broadcast picture taken from my tv of the news!

DSCF2166.JPG.5989fe4e2970e53c983df65a1c99a280.JPG

A view from the top, as potrayed on the news this morning looking toward the front of the park. Picture taken of my TV of FOX 2 New this morning! Not the best but a little something!

Repainting of the tower begins probably next week! Waisted some money there did they, what will be interesting how quickly they get the tower painted before opening.

Fox 2 the local news here had, video of the rides going in, NOT exactly what was Mini Cups has 6 cups! The one they showed was like Disney land or something a larger version! Looks like they are cramming alot of rides in this little area. With Wood Fencing around the attractions! NICE, Lets see how long they stay natural then painted black to cover graffiti, hopefully this never happens. Thats what happened to the boss, but I dont see little kids with sharpies or ink pens either.

A new link will be posted later as soon as they post the video!

Pics below were taken off the news cast of Fox2 our local news station!,

Cool! thanks for the info!

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/23741/

Here's the link!!! You will find the video they ran on the news feature this morning!

A little more in depth, but then again I think we are getting similar versions of most showed on the video and some exact versions! As far as getting 10 new rides in this section 2 are coming from the old luney toons town section at the front of the park, Train track will be different and shorter than where it used to sit kind a figure 8, you can see on the photo in the earlier post ! Also The kid planes will also be from the old section! New to the section but not new to the park!