TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I think that the type of track is just a matter of the wheel chasis (either inside the track or on the outside). I'm sure they manufacture both. Anyway... seeing as thought Six Flags not the only company to go with an outside manufactuer to develop new trains (hence Kumbak and the SLC trains)...

I think the ultimate factor is PRICE!

If a credible manufactuer has bid on a project with confidence and under competitor's prices then I'm sure a company like six flags would consider it. If Six Flags didn't go to Vekoma for new trains for Goliath then Im sure they may have another manufactuer like Premier do the job if the price is right. (I could see the Mr. freeze type train being used although it would be more restrictive).

From Screamscape

In other news, our sources also tell us that the park has been having a lot of problems with their Excalibur (Evolution) flat ride. It seems there is a major park in need of replacement and they are hoping to get it done over the off season, but if the work failed to fix the problems the ride has been having over the past few seasons, we may see Six Flags opt to remove it instead by the end of the 2013 season.

^ I hope everything gets fixed fine, Excalibur is such a fun and unique ride! They don't have a huge collection of flats either, so it'd really be a shame to lose the best one.

As for the boomerang, it's nice to see indications that they might be willing to spend some money on it to improve it. If they do get a new train though, I'm not so sure it'd be from Vekoma. Hasn't the company not been too happy with them because of how the Deja Vus performed? Have any of the parks even gotten anything new from Vekoma since then? I'm hoping that that, plus the fact that Mr. Freeze was converted to lap bars will push them to get trains like the ones in Wiener Prater. No matter what happens, I'm probably a bit too excited for this. With Boomerangs being so infamous in the enthusiast world, I'm looking forward to it just to see if it lives up to its negative reputation.

^ I am sure there is a good reason for this. The spare train may be in better shape than the other one so at least they might be sending over the better train.

We will know if it is the worst train if Sportsdude's gum is still in one of the seats (jk)

They still might get a new train later on just like Deja Vu/Goliath did.

^ I hope everything gets fixed fine, Excalibur is such a fun and unique ride! They don't have a huge collection of flats either, so it'd really be a shame to lose the best one.

As for the boomerang, it's nice to see indications that they might be willing to spend some money on it to improve it. If they do get a new train though, I'm not so sure it'd be from Vekoma. Hasn't the company not been too happy with them because of how the Deja Vus performed? Have any of the parks even gotten anything new from Vekoma since then? I'm hoping that that, plus the fact that Mr. Freeze was converted to lap bars will push them to get trains like the ones in Wiener Prater. No matter what happens, I'm probably a bit too excited for this. With Boomerangs being so infamous in the enthusiast world, I'm looking forward to it just to see if it lives up to its negative reputation.

^^^ Not fun in a storm. Especially when the tornado sirens are going off and there is no way to abort the ride. Been there/Done that earlier this year. What is scary is the employees had no clue where to tell guests to go for safety.

I have never heard of a park having a spare train for a boomerang before. That sounds very odd. Trains are expensive so I don't buy that rumor at all. It just doesn't make sense. Boomerang trains stay on the track year round. It's not like they can just transfer one train off and put a spare train on at whim. Again, I highly doubt that rumor.... its just silly to have a spare boomerang train that just happens to be sitting around.. what park does that?

^ I am sure there is a good reason for this. The spare train may be in better shape than the other one so at least they might be sending over the better train.

We will know if it is the worst train if Sportsdude's gum is still in one of the seats (jk)

They still might get a new train later on just like Deja Vu/Goliath did.

Sorry about that. Anyway, here's hoping that you guys get new trains for the boomerang.

It's funny how misinformed you guys are lol! Flashbacks track has been at the park's parking lot and was there last time I saw was last weekend. Both Flashbacks trains are in the parks back area not necessarily the "bone yard" and Flashbacks trains were removed off track every October so they are removed. St. Louis is only getting the Boomerang track no control's, breaks and other mechanical aspects of the ride. Trains I can not comment on, but some people on here have to right idea what is going on

^ Glad to hear those trains may NOT be sent to SFStL (they could still be as they will make prefect part donors for Ninja ) and that they are upgrading the system (hopefully we get some magnetic breaks on this!)

It's funny how misinformed you guys are lol! Flashbacks track has been at the park's parking lot and was there last time I saw was last weekend. Both Flashbacks trains are in the parks back area not necessarily the "bone yard" and Flashbacks trains were removed off track every October so they are removed. St. Louis is only getting the Boomerang track no control's, breaks and other mechanical aspects of the ride. Trains I can not comment on, but some people on here have to right idea what is going on

Just because they are sitting there now does not guarantee that they will stay there. Why would they? SFOT does not have another Arrow/Vekoma looping coaster. What use would it's spare part be to anything they have curently? The only thing they have that is made by either company is the Mine Train and even then, is there anything that the two different trains have in common that they can use for parts? Either way, new trains will not magically make the Boomerang have air time, intensity, or anything that would make it at the bare minimum an adequate addition. It is still a terrible addition.

^ I would trust him as he has been right about a lot of information regarding SFOT. Besides, I think the trains will be sent to another park within the Six Flags chain with a Arrow Looper trains to be part donors.

Either way, new trains will not magically make the Boomerang have air time, intensity, or anything that would make it at the bare minimum an adequate addition. It is still a terrible addition.

Yeah but the new new trains don't bloody your ears like the old trains. The new restrint system makes for a much mor comfortable ride. The guy that came up with the big foam ear pads needs to be beat from head to toe.