TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Is Ninja really as bad as everyone here says it is, because I've seen a lot of other comments on forums/videos that say it's just the last helix that might through hyou around a bit.

Maybe it's just the TPR theme of everything made or started by Arrow, Vekoma, RCCA, TOGO, Random Chinese knock-offs sucks...

Fixed.

The problem is, if we ever get a hyper coaster, Ninja will be the one it will replace.

Mine Train would be my second choice. But it's a "classic" (opened in 1971) ride and actually can have a semi-long line.

Ninja, on the other hand, is a semi-classic ride, but it NEVER has ANY line.

And I'm all for expansion and not removing a ride every year, but then they'd have to hire additional workers every year, which we all know is too expensive for them.

^Your right Intamin, B&M, and Premier seem to be only manufactures that get respect on here. Arrow has made a some quality designs, lets not forget the overpraised X2 is actually an Arrow, before Arrow was bought out by a S&S.

I honestly doubt B&M & Premier get 1/2 as much praise a Intamin around here.

Did Ninja ever run 3 trains, and if so, where is the third?

^Your right Intamin, B&M, and Premier seem to be only manufactures that get respect on here. Arrow has made a some quality designs, lets not forget the overpraised X2 is actually an Arrow, before Arrow was bought out by a S&S.

I honestly doubt B&M & Premier get 1/2 as much praise a Intamin around here.

I don't know if three ever ran at a time, but there is a spare train under the Ninja. The pics a couple pages earlier in the thread.

Is Ninja really as bad as everyone here says it is, because I've seen a lot of other comments on forums/videos that say it's just the last helix that might through you around a bit.

It isn't the best thing around, It most definitely isn't as bad as it's made out to be. It's pretty tolerable for a relocated 26 year looper. The Vekoma meme was stale long, long ago, but some people obviously haven't gotten the memo.

Regardless, the headchopper after the sidewinder justifies the existence of this ride. It's the closest thing to experiencing a guillotine that I can think of, without actually messing around with a real guillotine.

Steeple Chase at Blackpool is pretty highly rated (for fun not thrill).

Steeple Chase at Blackpool is pretty highly rated (for fun not thrill) and even though over rated by ACE, Magnum.

Regardless, the headchopper after the sidewinder justifies the existence of this ride. It's the closest thing to experiencing a guillotine that I can think of, without actually messing around with a real guillotine.

Can I get an "Amen" for that? That part actually scared the heck out of me the first time I rode Ninja in 2010.

As for SFOG Ninja I wonder if it's the fact your head doesn't clear the OTSR. I had no problem with roughness when I rode Ninja in 2011 and actually enjoyed the ride alot. Vortex does have its moments, especially that tight right turn into the mid-course brakes, but riding in the very back is quite tolerable.

Anyone who thinks the Ninja is out of control rough hasn't ridden the Vortex at King's Island or Ninja at SFoG. Ninja isn't intense enough to be as rough as people make it out to be.

Ninja in St. Louis is better than Ninja in Georgia by virtue of being a shorter ride.

Ninja used to run 3 trains all the time, until the need was no longer there and now the 3rd is being used for parts and is being stored under Batman. If you go back a few pages, there's a picture

• 2 weeks later...
The train cars were nowhere to be seen at SFOT. You could read that as "maybe they've been ditched in favor of new ones" or "maybe they've been sent off to get upgrades" but it's probably "they took them to a covered storage area somewhere."

Trains are at SFoT in a back area the same place that Texas Giants old trains are placed you can see them while on Titan.

Ive ridden Vortex at KI and Ninja at SFStl quite a few times. I believe that Vortex is significantly rougher.I agree the Ninja is rough, but it doesnt hurt as much as Vortex

There is a trick to riding Arrows. I can ride the Vortex plenty of times without any head banging problems. I sit as tall as I can. I have the restraint as tight as possible. I hold on to the handles at all times pushing inward to keep myself as still as possible.

Now, what I have had the worst problems with are standups like Mantis, those I can't avoid even when going straight.

There is a trick to riding Arrows. I can ride the Vortex plenty of times without any head banging problems. I sit as tall as I can. I have the restraint as tight as possible. I hold on to the handles at all times pushing inward to keep myself as still as possible.

Now, what I have had the worst problems with are standups like Mantis, those I can't avoid even when going straight.

Its never really been headbanging thats caused problems for me on Arrow rides. For me the biggest problem is the positive g's at the bottom of the loops. A lot of the time these put a lot of pressure on my lower back and can be painful. I just dont think the Ninja is big enough to cause these kinds of forces. Either way I think both rides are definitely ride-able.

-Kafka-

I am just throwing this out there based on the scream scape report stating that the flashback train is still sitting in the SFOT boneyard... There are some rumblings as it whether SFSTL could get new vekoma trains for the boomerang... my quesiton is... could Six Flags shock us again, and seek the help of Premier to design trains for the boomerang as well?

I am just throwing this out there based on the scream scape report stating that the flashback train is still sitting in the SFOT boneyard... There are some rumblings as it whether SFSTL could get new vekoma trains for the boomerang... my quesiton is... could Six Flags shock us again, and seek the help of Premier to design trains for the boomerang as well?

I don't think so.

Unlike with the Giant Inverted Boomerangs, Vekoma actually has a new train design that is worth putting on the Boomerangs and other looping coasters, and has been done so successfully. I think that Six Flags St. Louis should look no further than Carolina Cobra and Sidewinder for reasons why to put the Vekoma trains on. Possibly Speed of Sound as well, but I don't think that executives would be willing to fly all the way to Walibi.

^But Vekoma also has new 4 across seating trains (Battlestar Gallactica) and they are advertised on their site as well... They have the comfortable straps as opposed to the hard restraints. So I dont think your basis could entirely rull out the possibility. I mean honestly I was shocked Six Flags asked Premier when Vekoma has 4 across trains.

You make a valid point there, they do have four-across inverted trains. However, those trains (along with the 4-across sitdown ones) are designed to run on Vekoma's new track system. Plus, I think that Vekoma's four-across inverted trains are too wide for Goliath's clearance envelope to allow, which could be why Premier came in and designed a train that accommodates four people, albeit very close together. Or, maybe Premier's trains were less expensive. Who knows?

I still think that St. Louis's boomerang is going to have some sort of newer-generation train, whether it be the latest Vekoma model or possibly something from KumbaK. It all comes down to what's best for the park's bottom line in the long run.