TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I see you guys are in denial, trying to convince yourselves that your not getting a used boomerang. If planning to ride the last car in the left seat, try not to sit in the gum my girlfriend stuck on it after she got out. Last time I checked it was still there. Keep in mind that SFOT didn't do half a job cleaning those cars out, there's no telling what kind of gunk you'll come across in those trains.

Sounds like your gf is a real keeper(idiot).

Best case scenario - Six Flags will pony up the cash for the new Vekoma trains you see on Hersheyparks and Carowinds Boomerangs. Worst case...you get the same Boomerang that was at SFOT.

Flip a coin, see which side it lands on.

It's interesting to see a ride switch just from parks within a chain. I am surprised Vekoma has never expended on the idea of the boomerang with different layouts and such, ya know, switch it up a bit.

I see you guys are in denial, trying to convince yourselves that your not getting a used boomerang. If planning to ride the last car in the left seat, try not to sit in the gum my girlfriend stuck on it after she got out. Last time I checked it was still there. Keep in mind that SFOT didn't do half a job cleaning those cars out, there's no telling what kind of gunk you'll come across in those trains.

Sounds like your gf is a real keeper(idiot).

In that case, I won't tell you what I've done to some of those seats over the years. You'll probably find out anyway. Oh well, try not to think about it and enjoy your new, I mean, used boomerang.

until someone proves to me that the ride is relocated!

Granted, once we see pieces of track on site, we'll know, because they have to cut up the welded rails if they really are relocating Flashback.

Also, the track will be pink with oil and grime on it.... unless they paint it before they ship it over, which is unlikely.

It's interesting to see a ride switch just from parks within a chain. I am surprised Vekoma has never expended on the idea of the boomerang with different layouts and such, ya know, switch it up a bit.

You are a sadist.

Hey at least someone is getting a roller coaster for Worlds of Fun's 40th Anniversary.

Looks like SDC has the best new attraction being built in MO this year. (based on WOF's rumored, not yet announced new attractions)

Perhaps I'm jaded, but this year with the exception of the two new coasters at SFMM and SFFT seems to be a non-coaster savy year for the chain. I know it's not all about coasters, and the other new attractions are great that are going into the other parks and will have appeal, but it just seems like an underwhelming year for Six Flags. And it seems the same for the Cedar Fair chain as well, with the exception of Gate Keeper. Anyone else get that feeling? Like it's a low budget year for most parks, every one gets something new, but not a lot of '"OMFG I have to ride that next year and will drive 1,200 miles to do so" ?

And the Six Flags Chairman, President and CEO Jim Reid Anderson (does he really need 3 titles and 3 names - I get he has a common name, but how many Jim Anderson's are the top banana at Six Flags?) was too funny to watch when he was talking about Boomerang at Six Flags St. Louis. You would think this was a record breaking, worlds first one-of-a-kind coaster. Reminds me of a certain political speech someone gave the other day

Hey all! I'm flying down this evening for a weekend in Kansas City/St. Louis for Worlds of Fun and Six Flags St. Louis. We'll be spending all day Sunday at the park. I'm just looking for suggestions or "hidden gems" that shouldn't be missed while we're there. Thanks!

-Canadian Nick

Well, assuming you're going to rent a car, I'd definitely suggest taking US-50 rather than I-70 between the two cities. It'll only take you about half an hour longer, and not only will you completely avoid St. Louis traffic (US-50 junctions with I-44 about 20 miles west of Eureka, where Six Flags is), you'll get to see some very scenic areas of Missouri.

Best case scenario - Six Flags will pony up the cash for the new Vekoma trains you see on Hersheyparks and Carowinds Boomerangs. Worst case...you get the same Boomerang that was at SFOT.

In all honesty, I can't see SF throwing down a lot of cash on a 23 year old boomerang which is in deteriorating condition. The most SF will pay for is a paint job. I'll bet my last nickle that those trains will be the same broken down junk heaps from SFOT.

This thing is due for the scrap heap and that's probably where it'll end up after SFStL has had it a couple of years.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Moonsault Scramble @ Fuji-Q Highland operated from 1983-2000. Stood 230 ft. tall and pulled roughly 6.5 G in the pretzel loop.

Really impressive looking coaster. Not too difficult to imagine the forces you would mingle with at the bottom of that pretzel loop.

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

From SFSL's Facebook page:

Hey everyone. Sorry for not posting until now but the last 24 hours since announcing Boomerang for 2013 has been really busy! I wanted to hop on and answer the most frequently asked questions we have been getting. Boomerang will open Spring 2013 and will be located in the Illinois section of the park where the bumper cars are. The Bumper Cars will be open through Fright Fest so everyone will have a chance to ride them one last time. And, we are happy to say, Tidal Wave is not going anywhere. We do not have final information on the Dining Pass for next year but will pass that on as soon as we do. And finally, YES, if you purchase and process four or more 2013 Season Passes by October 28 you will be upgraded to our Gold Pass which includes a free parking pass valid at all Six Flags parks on all Season Passes purchased

Is that an ice rink? That thing is gigantic!

If the trains are as bad as people say they are, then maybe they will get new ones, or at least give them some new padding and a paint job or something. I don't think Six Flags is stupid enough to claim a new ride then have it look like total Poop.

Being one of the original Six Flags parks I was actually impressed with the look of this park. Yeah I guess it's been a number of years since they got a major coaster, but maybe they are just trying to keep you guys warm till they can bring you the big one. They added a decent looking GCI and a spinning coaster since I've been there.

And hey, Great America isn't all that far away (nor are WoF and Holiday World).

Edited by SLUSHIE

Heck they should have even put it next to the Batman coaster and call it the Batarang!

I like that idea in a weird way. They should call it Bangarang and play the skrillex song during the ride so at least there is some fun with all the head banging.

Heck they should have called it "Ny?ma's Revenge"!

If planning to ride the last car in the left seat, try not to sit in the gum my girlfriend stuck on it after she got out.

I'll bet my last nickle that those trains will be the same broken down junk heaps that I carved my initials in years ago.

Wow, way to tear things up for other people. It really annoys me when people do stuff like this. Do you carve your initials and stick gum all over your room? Then why would you do this on a coaster?

Sorry for the rant. It's just that I have to deal with the stupidity of the public at work and I just hate it when I see it at a park.

Six Flags St Louis is literally slapping their guests in the face by claiming that a 23 year old decaying boomerang is a "brand new" attraction. I first rode this back in 1989 when it really was new. Now it's a rotting pile of scrap metal that will have a new coat of "green" paint to keep guests from noticing that it's a rotting pile of scrap metal - until they ride it, that is.

Ok, so they're "figuratively" slapping their guests in the face.

Yes, and you and your girlfriend literally helped make that boomerang a pile of crap with your initials carving and her gum deposit. Seriously, that plus your admission of scratching stuff into the handrails in the JRS queue, WTF?

Have a little bit of respect for stuff that doesn't belong to you. I realize that you probably think it makes you "cool" or something, but it just makes you look like a douche.

I haven't done anything like that in years, neither has my gf. Admittedly, we were a bit wild back then. Actually, I haven't ridden Flashback in some time. It's possible that they've cleaned the gum out since then, although my initials are probably still there but covered over with paint.