TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the heads up! I didnt see they were pushing back the opening date on the ride. I live close enough to the park that i usually go multiple times in a season, so its not too big of a loss. Ill try and get pictures of the ride to see if there has been any retheming that can be seen from outside the ride.

It looks like Six Flags St. Louis will be testing out the Season Dining Pass just for the park this year!

A day of thrills makes you hungry!

With the new Season Dining Pass, you can pay once and eat all year. Pay just $59.99 and eat lunch and dinner every time you visit the park. This exclusive offer is designed especially for Season Pass Holders who visit often — a great value!

How does it work?

Buy a dining pass at the beginning of the season and you can enjoy both lunch and dinner every time you visit Six Flags St. Louis. Each meal includes an entree and side order. The program features twelve entrees at restaurants all over the park including BBQ brisket sandwiches, bacon cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, pizza and more.

Participating Park Restaurants

* 1904 Classic Hot Dogs

* Primo's Pizzeria (all locations)

* Villian's Cafe

* Mooseburger Lodge

* Cowabunga Burger

BUY SEASON DINING PASS

Season Dining Pass is only available to Season Pass Holders. Valid during the 2012 season at Six Flags St. Louis. Present your Season Pass ID at a designated location on each visit and receive one lunch voucher and one dinner voucher. Designated lunch and dinner timeframes vary by day. Vouchers are non-transferable and Season Pass ID must also be presented when ordering meal.

Click here to buy your pass and more information!

A season pass for dining? Now why didn't someone think of that one sooner? Knowing how much food cost inside an amusement park, this would be ideal for those that visit the park a lot.

I can see lots of people purchasing this and licking their lips in anticipation.

If this is successful, I'm sure the other Six Flags parks would follow suit ( especially me and the Crazy Horse Saloon at Six Flags America).

"Big deal. Now if the park could offer a season pass for sleeping, now that would be ideal!"

I was at the park this past weekend and was overall very impressed with the park. I've never been to SFSTL on opening weekend before so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a shame that Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast wasn't ready yet, the park is really marketing the heck out of it.

All of the photos I took can be found here.

003.thumb.JPG.41a0da3595a3e59ace188b98d6a36e0a.JPG

Bonzai Pipeline is coming along nicely.

014.thumb.JPG.8198d930f2d8902e70e5d7686dd688ca.JPG

Not quite ready. I was sorta hoping they would be running one train forwards.

025.thumb.JPG.6e4c67eacfdf3e90fbb3c0efb5e662f4.JPG

Sad Mr. Freeze.

Here are the opening dates for the new attractions!

Six Flags will debut Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast on May 5, as previously reported on Eureka-Wildwood Patch.

Additionally on May 26, the new Bonzai Pipeline looping body slide opens in the park's Hurricane Harbor. Riders will be dropped from a special launching capsule, and sent freefalling through a 290-feet twisting slide at nearly 40 mph.

Click here

• 2 weeks later...

^Being accelerated backwards up the vertical spike is definitely the most intriguing part of this redo for me. Looks like quite the unique experience, and different enough from going forwards which is surprising to say for a ride where you travel both directions anyway

Im a little concerned that the top hat on Mr. Freeze will be painful when taken backwards. I think there might be a chance that itl slam you into the back of the seat as it loses a bit of the power from the launch. Other then that going up the spike and the initial launch should be awesome.

Im a little concerned that the top hat on Mr. Freeze will be painful when taken backwards. I think there might be a chance that itl slam you into the back of the seat as it loses a bit of the power from the launch. Other then that going up the spike and the initial launch should be awesome.

From watching the "rider cam" in that video posted by SFStL with that Cardinals guy, it seems like there's not much wrong with the coaster being backwards.

You already do the tophat backwards - I don't see how it will be much different at the beginning of the ride or at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first visit of the year to the park yesterday. Only had five rides (American Thunder, Batman, Mine Train, Eagle, and Freeze) because me and my friend had already worked all day and we were just going out there to get our passes and a few rides in. We got there a little after five and the parking lot was pretty full and there were at 10-15 buses on the lot, but luckily lots of people were beginning to exit so lines weren't terrible.

I'll go ahead and get the bad out of the way:

* For the love of Mr. Six, would it kill Six Flags to spend a little money on air conditioning for Batman and Mr. Freeze?! Even just a few, well-placed fans would do the trick. It was a very pleasant evening to be walking around outside, but inside Freeze's building was a different story. Me, my friend, and everyone else around us were complaining about how dang hot it was! If I'm sweating bullets now, I can't imagine what July and August will be like... I'm serious when I say I would rather have fans put in the lines/stations for Batman and Mr. Freeze than get a dueling B&M hyper. Make it happen, Six Flags.

* When compared to other rides ops in the park, Batman's crew could have been friendlier/interact with people more and been faster at dispatching trains.

* Eagle did have some good moments of airtime, but it did throw me around quite a bit on the back half.

* American Thunder has advertising on one of the trains.

And for the good:

* Everyone at the park seemed to be having a really good time

* The park seemed to be handling the crowds well.

* Even at 5:30, there was still a line for season pass processing, but it was only a 20 minute wait - they were getting them through fast. I can't comment on the season pass dinning though - I know some people were having issues with it. I decided against it because I don't think I would use it that often (Most of my trips will be 3-4 hours after work and I will have already eaten).

* American Thunder got new cushions in the trains (old ones were tan - these are black)

* The new Mr. Freeze is AWESOME! I wasn't too sure if turning the cars around would make a big impact, but trust me, it did! Some things that have been added besides turning the cars around: the front entrance has been repainted and looks really good, the sides of the cars have a new decal, there is strobe light that has a snowflake pattern that goes around the station when the cars aren't being launched - when they are it turns into a spotlight of alternating colors and a siren plays over the sound system (very cool and builds anticipation, and in-station music now alternates from its usual Batman-ish music to some 80's cop movie sounding music - which I actually quite enjoy and made sweating to death less sucky. The fog and tunnel lights were not running

I rode in the front of the back car (which is the new front). Whiplash was not a problem. You jerk forward a little, but not nearly enough to cause any pain. While I do miss being able to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" in the launch, not knowing when you're going to exit the tunnel adds an element of surprise. Entering the top hat-backwards from this direction is also surprising - you just keep going and end up higher than you expect and is it more exciting than entering it backwards from the other direction (I think it has to do with the fact your brain is still in "I'm out of the tunnel?!" mode still.) The banked curve is same as ever - fun, but with a new twist. The back spike... OMG!!! Just when you think you've reached the top, you hit the LIMs that take you even higher. Looking straight at the ground is insane! I HIGHLY recommend riding toward the back so you go as high as possible. The GP is eating it up too - if you watch from the ground, there is a lot more screaming now. Especially on the back spike, when the train hit the LIMs everyone freaks out! I heard a ton of people talking positively about it - the only negative I heard was some girl in line saying, "Oh my Gahhhd what if my weave flies off?!?!?"

So I say good job, Six Flags! They took an already good ride and made it even better! Let's hope they keep it like this for a long time.

I did manage to get a few random pics throughout the park, but unfortunately my image resizer is not working properly. I'll post them later if it works.

So have they turned around both trains or only 1 train so you get the choice of both forward and backwards???I personally thought it wouldnt add much to the overall ride experience, but good to hear early reports that it has actually made quite a difference. I did personally love Mr Freeze, Its definatly a lot of fun,Its way up there in my top 10 fun coaster experiences

Its interesting to hear how hot it was inside the ride buildings for Freeze & Batman.

I assure you they do have AC in those buildings. During the summer, it seems like Mr. Freeze's building is appropriately freezing cold..

Batman I can definitely see. At Great America on those hot and muggy days, waiting inside the sewer portion can be almost unbearable. I couldn't even imagine waiting in a line for a half hour or so on a triple-digit day in St. Louis.

I'm still kind of peeved that all the Premier launchers were still down when I visited St. Louis a couple of years ago. I need to get back out there and get my Mr. Freeze credit (hopefully on a day where you won't spontaneously combust).

• 4 weeks later...

Ive ridden reverse blast a couple times. Im not really impressed. The launch feels almost neutered because of the lack of wind. Other then that its exactly the same ride. I think if anything all it did was take away from a really fun ride. I cant wait until they turn it back once the fad is over...

• 2 weeks later...

We are beginning our Midwest 'heat' Adventures tomorrow from SoCal and hitting this park on Thursday where I see it will be HOT!! Will plan to be there the moment the park opens for 2-3 hours and then return again in the evening after 6. Any advice of where to journey first to avoid lines later on in the heat...assuming that Mr. Freeze gets the longest lines quickest and we should start there? Its probably at the top of the list anyway along with all 3 wood coasters.

I grew up in the Midwest and this will be my first trip back to SFStl since around 1984...anxious to see all the changes and experience now with my kids.

We are beginning our Midwest 'heat' Adventures tomorrow from SoCal and hitting this park on Thursday where I see it will be HOT!! Will plan to be there the moment the park opens for 2-3 hours and then return again in the evening after 6. Any advice of where to journey first to avoid lines later on in the heat...assuming that Mr. Freeze gets the longest lines quickest and we should start there? Its probably at the top of the list anyway along with all 3 wood coasters.

I grew up in the Midwest and this will be my first trip back to SFStl since around 1984...anxious to see all the changes and experience now with my kids.

The last few times I've gone have been during the week in the summer. Since Hurricane Harbor is included with the admission here, it seems that on a hot summer day, a large percentage of the cars in the parking lot are guests for the water park more than for Six Flags. Lines are generally short for most of the day giving 2-3 train waits on most coasters, if not less. Mr. Freeze and Scooby Doo have generally been the longest lines I've dealt with, but they've never been more than 30 min. or so. There was one year I stopped in after leaving NE Indiana in the morning. On the way, I stopped and went up in the Gateway Arch. I got to the park around 3 or so and still had time to get in all the coasters and some other rides before the park closed.