TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Word in the Urban Dictionary!

coasterdude5

DROPLIFTING

Droplifting is the opposite of shoplifting; it involves leaving a product or item in a shop, rather than taking one. It has been used by artists and musicians to promote their work for free, whilst some people use droplifting to make political or economic statements. (for example by altering shop's products and then returning them)

Person #1: Why is there a can of Sainsburys soup for sale in Tesco?

Person #2: It must have been droplifted.

Person #3: What's droplifting?

---Brent 8)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Has anyone seen the word of the day today?

Urban Word of the Day

February 26, 2006

Credit Whore

Credit Whore (CW) is someone that does something nice just so they can bring it to everyone's attention and get credit for it.

Credit Whore is someone who puts money in tip jar and then shouts, "I just put a dollar in the tip jar".

1 definition

I think we need to add to that a bit.

• 3 months later...

Dub

1. Abbreviaton for the letter W

2. Twenty dollars

3. Twenty dollars worth of anything, especially narcotics

4. Twenty-inch rims

5. The art of making a remix, especially a reggae song, in which the lyrics are all or partially removed and the focus is placed on the drum track and the bass

6. Generally incorrectly used as a name for any remix to any song

1. I drive a V. dub

2. That CD player is like two dubs

3. Lemme get a dub, I gotta get high

4. I got my Escalade rollin on dubs'

5. Lee "Scratch" Perry is the master of the traditional reggae dub, especially his work with Sir Robert Nesta Marley

6. Jay-Z calls it a dub but it's really just a remix

none of these entries are real, no one uses these words. i don't use them , my friends don't use them, no body usues them. maybe some rappers have done it once or twice, but now since their terms have been overused. no one says them. if i were to put the real slang, none of yall would have clue. this is just a white interpretation and stereotype that every black person in america uses these words in slang

this is another way for whites to be cool or "black" but it will never happen (no offense to any of you who try your hardest to do so)

(yall need to stop making jokes of us- even if they say it was created by inner city kids-EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT)

yall need to stop making jokes of us- even if they say it was created by inner city kids-EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT

Whos this us your talking about. Your just a big crybaby.

"us" black people

p.s. i'm not crying im just letting you guys know that you guys are making fun of us, but you wouldn't know that

^ Hands tissue to map2.

I hope you won't consider me to be a racist if the tissue happens to be white. (You do seem to be a bit oversensitive.)

Also, your statement "(yall need to stop making jokes of us-even if they say it was created by inner city kids- EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT)" Well you are obviously a self-proclaimed expert, so Mr. Expert if it wasn't created by inner city kids, then who did create it???

Try being a little less defensive, because when you use quotes like "but you wouldn't know that" it's you who shows a sterotypical racist view, which makes you sound a bit like a hypocrite.

The best thing about this is Im sure "map2" thinks DailyBugle_JL is white... BTW great line J.

I think I should take offense to these terms

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cracker

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=honkey

Looks like white people didnt write it.. I mean, no way they would make fun of themselves! Perhaps its the hispanics who are behind this..

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beaner

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spic

Uh-oh, its not them either, surely they wouldnt joke about their own people! Perhaps it comes from the Far East?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chink

No, it can't be true!! Who would make fun of themselves??

I hope you get it by now... besides regardless of who is contributing, its just for fun.

^ Hands tissue to map2.

I hope you won't consider me to be a racist if the tissue happens to be white. (You do seem to be a bit oversensitive.)

Also, your statement "(yall need to stop making jokes of us-even if they say it was created by inner city kids- EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT)" Well you are obviously a self-proclaimed expert, so Mr. Expert if it wasn't created by inner city kids, then who did create it???

Try being a little less defensive, because when you use quotes like "but you wouldn't know that" it's you who shows a sterotypical racist view, which makes you sound a bit like a hypocrite.

you know what i admit my mistake

i don't mean to sound hypocritical, its just i can't really seem to put my clear thought in the right words.

i'm just trying to say that some of the slang put n here im sure no body uses. but im sure that at least some of the entires are true. it doesn't really matter whether they are used or not. maybe they need to update it or something is what im trying to say.

the point about the teasing was that this does not paint a flattering image of inner city people, but i guess they put it on themselves for help contributing to it. now im sure that a lot of these entries were real, but im sure not every single one of them was created by them, maybe the creators helped a little whit creating this, but i never know, maybe they were totally made up for laughs, i don't know or really care

i admit i was oversensitive over something for laughs, i can be that way sometimes, its a problem i seem to have. sometimes it may take a while for me to see how stupid it was that i was fussing about. im trying to do better

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...