TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite non first hill drop on a wooden coaster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coney Island Cyclone - the 2nd drop after the Surf Ave turn - ejector air into the lap bar - can be painful.

Phoenix - the ejector bunny hops before the final turn and trim break - it dares you to stay in your seat.

Boulderdash - the third drop, which is a double down, great airtime and it looks like you are about to hit a tree.

MF - the 200ft floater - great airtime (last year at Coaster Mania - I caught a floating camera!)

GL Dominator - in the last row, the drop after the midcourse break into the corkscrews is incredible.

Coney Island Cyclone - the 2nd drop after the Surf Ave turn - ejector air into the lap bar - can be painful.

Phoenix - the ejector bunny hops before the final turn and trim break - it dares you to stay in your seat.

Boulderdash - the third drop, which is a double down, great airtime and it looks like you are about to hit a tree.

MF - the 200ft floater - great airtime (last year at Coaster Mania - I caught a floating camera!)

GL Dominator - in the last row, the drop after the midcourse break into the corkscrews is incredible.

I am going to say the drop into the main helix on Son of Beast - or the infamous OMG airtime drop on the end of Tornado at Strickers Grove.

Sorry - but the 5th drop on Raven kind of sucks... I got all excited to experience the killer airtime that everyone had been raving about - and it is nothing. Then after 5 more laps on Raven - I still got nothing...

• 1 year later...

My vote goes to the fifth (I think) drop on Voyage. The one in the third tunnel. Holy cow, that surprised me like no other coaster had surprised me in years. It's steeper than the previous drop or two, and it drops into that tunnel. So amazing.

Comet - TGE

Nickname: Magician's Hill

Location on ride: Second hill after first elevated turnaround.

Reason for freaking awesomeness: It looks like its just an ordinary camelback, but it isn't. The way the track has warped from aging, there are three "pumps" in the crest of the hill. But those pumps are not painful in any way. So, instead of receiving three jolts of pain, you get three moments of airtime - while going over the top of ONE hill, which is why I call it the Magician's Hill.

Nickname: G Hill

Location: Third to last hill of ride, if the climb into the station counts.

Reason for freaking awesomeness: Going over the hill at a high speed and with the bend in the track, not only do you experience major airtime, but you experience intense laterals as well.

Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce

Nickname: S Bend Hill

Reason for awesomeness: It's like a double mirrored S Bend, and it's a hill, and it's got airtime. So combine airtime with unqiue twisty moments, and you got yourself an awesome element.

El Toro's airtime hill that goes over Rolling Thunder, and the two hills after the intial drop. All of these hills have ridiculous ejector airtime.

Thunderhawk's second turnaround hill. The top of this hill in the front car of the train has awesome ejector airtime.

GA cyclone - 2nd drop

Voyage - the hill before the last 90deg that crosses under the track, then turns back uphill to the 90deg

uh, cyclops

2 hills on avalanche paralleling the lift/drop

and

the 4th drop on the GA cyclone - where the photo op was