TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite non first hill drop on a wooden coaster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

El Toro's Rolling Thunder hill, no contest.

Also the double down on Jack Rabbit @ Kennywood. Wtf.

Honorable mention to Great White's (Moreys) final dip down "under" the boardwalk right before the turn into brake run. Quite a few first time riders caught off guard by that one.

1. Phoenix's ending hops (seems like one element)

2. El Toro's jump over Rolling Thunder

3. Jack Rabbit's double dip

4. Thunderbolt's final drop

I haven't ridden Lightning Rod yet, but I'd imagine that the quad-down would be pretty terrific.

I haven't ridden Lightning Rod yet, but I'd imagine that the quad-down would be pretty terrific.

Every air time hill following the 90 degree outside banked top hat are all insane. The fake out hill after the launch, and the big drop provide some awesome strong floater. Then the wave turn provides sideways floater ala Fury 325. Then its crazy twisty sideways airtime with the 90 degree outside banked top hat. It feels like a double stengel dive with sideways airtime. From there the ride pushes into over drive and you get 7 insane ejector moments up and down a mountain. All 7 of those hills get my vote.

RT hill on El Toro gets a close 2nd place. Lightning rod has more airtime moments, but El Toro gives delicious sustained ejector.

Balder's tunnel drop

Wildfire's post-outward bank drop

Rutschebanen (Tivoli)'s camelback hills

Rutschebanen (Bakken)'s second double drop pre-renovation (the ejector air was insane, such a shame the new brakes took it away)

Wodan's post-turn drop into the tunnel

1) Jack Rabbit- Double Dip

2) El Toro- Rolling Thunder hill (one of the most intense airtime moments anywhere)

3) Cyclone (SFNE)- 4th hill (insane ejector air as this partially hidden & steep drop plunged into the structure)

4) GhostRider- The Drop (experienced it only as the GCI, reminded me a lot of the Cyclone's drop)

5) Thunderbolt (Kennywood)- This ride kind of cheats but that final hill is a great drop.

The Coney Island Cyclone, Georgia Cyclone, and Santa Cruz's Giant Dipper all have awesome hills throughout the ride, but none in particular stand out like the rides above.