TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite non first hill drop on a wooden coaster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm....every airtime hill that comes after the first drop on Kentucky Rumbler, those are pretty darn good.

The Beast's second drop to the bottom of the forest is pretty good.

I like Son of Beast's drop into what was the loop. Smooth.

I know there are some nice drops in Thunderhead's twisted layout.

• 4 years later...

I got 3 favorites...

- Bizarro at SFNE. It's the part of the ride after the overbank turn and there are 2 airtime hills, the 2nd airtime hill was really intense.

- Cyclone at SFNE. There was one hill in the structure that really pulled you out of your seat, one of the most surprising drops on any ride.

- Le Monstre at La Ronde. I forget which side, and I know it's not the greatest ride around, but one side had this double drop thing and you got some insane air at the bottom of it.

I got 3 favorites...

- Bizarro at SFNE. It's the part of the ride after the overbank turn and there are 2 airtime hills, the 2nd airtime hill was really intense.

That's a wooden coaster?

I really like the drop into Grizzly's (KD) tunnel. Great pop of airtime.

I got 3 favorites...

That's a wooden coaster?

I really like the drop into Grizzly's (KD) tunnel. Great pop of airtime.

My bad. At first I was going to say Le Monstre and Cyclone, but then Bizarro popped into my head and I had to put it in. Whoops.

I'm a big fan of the mid-course elements on my two favorite wooden coasters. Phoenix's double-up double-down is so much fun, and El Toro's mid-course hill is the only hill where I have grabbed the bar and tried to push myself down without even thinking about it.

One of my all time favorites is Timber Wolf's second drop after the first turnaround. It's steep and fast so it provides for excellent airtime. It has to be in the backseat for the best results though. Another good one is Mamba's second hill sitting in the back. Woo, that gives some great ejector once you pull over the crest.

Edited by -Edge of Beast-

• 1 year later...

The triple down on Voyage

The third hill and the drop off of the turnaround on Screamin' Eagle

The double down on SFGAm's Viper

The ravine drop on the Beast

The drop off the turnaround and the 90 degree turn and drop on Ravine Flyer II

The Boss has several very good drops after the first hill

Most definitely, it would have to be Thunder Run's (shocker) third airtime hill after the sharp 90-degree turn. My first time riding it as a child, the hill's airtime was intense enough to have unbuckled my seat belt! For a few years after that, I was actually afraid of airtime on any sort of ride in fear I would be launched out of my seat. Shame on me for not knowing the safety of a lap bar and the laws of physics!

While I wouldn't say that it's my favorite wooden roller coaster anymore (that honor belongs to The Voyage (And with that being said I wish I hadn't said a cliche )), I do believe that first time riding firmly has placed Thunder Run as one of the most intense wooden roller coasters I have ever ridden because of that one special hill.