TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Game Music

Homer

Alright, for those of you that are uber nerd, do any of you listen to Video Game music?

I admit, I like listening to the music off the Sonic The Hedgehog series, so damn catchy and the cheesey melodic rock.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go to Newgrounds once in a while to download mixes of video game music people create and find some good stuff, even load up Fruityloops to recreate the song, or grab a keyboard or guitar and start playing the Tetris or Mario theme on it. I even visit www.vgmusic.com when I'm looking for a specific game tune I don't have or fire up an emulator just to listen to a certain song. Some of those songs, I admit are very catchy.

I'm surpised no one has mentioned all the sound chip emulators now avaiable. I love being able to download just the sound files from games in the 16bit and 8 bit eras. I'll put up the link to those things later...

Also there is a great streaming radio station at gamingfm.com

Also those of you that like beck might like these songs on iTMS

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=41815576

you will need iTunes to view that link and need to be in the american store... Sorry those of you outside the US dunno if you can buy those yet. The beats are all produced by a Gameboy...

Sorry I'm feeling lazy right now I'll setup all the links to other stuff in a little while.

• 1 year later...
I have the Call of Duty soundtrack and listen to it all the time. Any of the Zelda tunes are classic, and I hope I can get my hands on the soundtrack for Twilight Princess.

Call of Duty and the first several Medal of Honors were great. All were composed by the same man, Michael Giacchino. He also did Secret Weapons over Normandy and is doing Star Trek XI (2008)

Great composer!