TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could create any coaster type...

I was thinking the other day about one of the Parks that Elissa and Robb went to(expoland) and that said something about "They could be building a 500 foot Intamin inverted stand-up woodie shuttle, and we'd have no idea!. So i was thinking and I wanted to ask everyone what type of new coaster concept, or design that you would like to see in the future.

Personally for me, I would like to see an "inverted stand-up" coaster. This would be really neat to see, and would be fun to ride(as long as it was B&M OR INTAMIN). I haven't thought anything about how high the G's would be, so for now it will be for fun.

*Robb/ELiss,a if there is already a topic or if you dont like this then go ahead and delete it*

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12 years later...

This is an old thread. But the other day I had an idea for a new attraction, and wondered where there was a thread for it. Here it is.

Anyways- A Launched Bobsled would be unique and could be fun. Less of a train but more of Disaster Transport bigger "sled." Also, if anyone has been to a waterpark in the last decade they see the halfpipe or funnel slides, almost a staple in every major waterpark now. Well, why couldn't a bobsled coaster have one (once engineered properly)?

A second thought would be sort of a throwback to the feel of a Classic Drop Ride. If you ever rode one, they were great (mostly). But I loved that forward-facing freefall feeling and then the disorienting movement to your back. Well, what if a ride was created that had the forward-facing vertical drop, and at the base of the hill it then rode like a classic coaster?

Also, if the drop was sequenced with a dark ride segment that drop could be extremely impacting. Imagine dropping into a cave, reentering earth's orbit, or falling and being caught by a bird to dragon. Then you exit the building at full speed to enjoy the open twists and turns of the track. I know VR has created similar experiences, but I think this could be a cool concept.

Any one else have something feasible they would like? No jumping coasters through flaming hoops to land in a tunnel that goes under Lake Erie...

Also, if this does exist in some other thread, I did look but was unable to find it.

Not a coaster but I always wanted to see 2 S&S towers with a top-spin-like gondola in the middle (without the arms). So you could have a controlled spin/ lock-in on the one axis but also get launched up or down. The possibilities of ride experience programs would be amazing and could vary from ride to ride.

I want to say someone made a 3d rendering/video of this.

I was thinking about this a few months ago. So I'm not down with the coaster lingo, so bear with me.

A steel coaster with a 350-400 foot hill, but 200 feet of it are underground. So you have to go underground to get on, then as you're going up you're outside for 150-200 feet, then when you go down you're back underground, then the next hill same thing. Basically a big steel coaster that's part underground, part outside. Think that would be pretty amazing, but probably impossible.

I always thought this would make for an interesting coaster:

2.jpg

I agree! It could have some really cool elements where it runs straight at the midway and then split into two sides. But, it would probably get the fate of Dueling Dragons and never run both in sync.

After a bit of experimenting with the Splitting Coaster (shown on page 1), you can make a duelling wing coaster if the track never splits.

split1.jpg.2a0a0476e80bb89d43b20ce3d962b638.jpg

Here is the coaster in action.

split2.jpg.79e5b75a3285e201aef790e88fa1cca6.jpg

If a train takes the inner corner, it goes ahead of the other one (shown in the picture below).

split3.jpg.3780a433af4254f2251918a153376304.jpg

Before, the left side was unfairly winning. But the left one took the inner corner so the right one (who used to be a sore loser) is winning the race!

split4.jpg.77db0eeb014159b49d57b8e17b58812d.jpg

Unfortunately you'll need to be a roller coaster wizard to get them both to line up when they get to the station.

Well . . . If I had millions of $$$, I'd call up Alan Schilke and order an RMC Topper Track coaster with Millenium Flyer trains.

It would have the typical overbanked turns/helixes . . . . my inversions would be a zero G stall going over the lift hill and a cobra roll.

I always thought this would make for an interesting coaster:

2.jpg

The cool thing about The RCT trilogy is that they really did their homework. Every single ride they usedis was either physically made or registered as a patent. This one in particular is US Patent 6,269,750B1.