TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funny POV Video

This video really made me laugh. It's a POV Video of Typhoon at Santa's Village.

I've never actually ridden this, but it sounds from the video that it's a headbanger - just listen to the guy who's recording the video!

http://www.weeweeslap.net/coaster_videos/santas_Village/Typhoon_WWS.zip

Important note: I think you have to sign up before you can view the video. It's worth it - they don't ask for much information. This site also has some rare POVs and park videos, by the way, so it might be worth checking out if you're looking for videos.

Super "Let me know what you guys think" Dasher

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^They have gone there and they said the park sucked. I think that was before 2004, since the park is doing okay for a family run park.(maintance, staff, etc.)

That was not the best POV but it was okay, and yeah it is a very rough coaster. I have not ridden it since 2003, but it was a fun coaster even if it was rough.

^I'll admit the park is not in the best shape, but they have finally spent some money since the attendance is starting to go up. If you think the park is "rundown and crappy" now, you should have seen it before they started the "repairs". Oh well the park will only be in it's current location until 2008.

The park can be nice if your are with little kids. I went in 2003 with my cousin and he loved the park, and I had a good time. Sure it is not as nice as Cedar point, but when a park only gets than 200,000 visitors a year, you can't expect everything to be in the best shape.

We went in August, it was painful and stupid.

Yeah...the ride looks like its in horrible condition, with flaking paint work in places of the track, and after hearing coasterinsane's screams of "OW!!!!" and "It hurts!" in an on-ride video of it, it's pretty obvious that this thing is not going to show up as a component of many Top Ten lists.

• 1 month later...
Yeah... that ride looks really bad. Did anyone else notice how unbanked some of the turns on that ride were? They were almost flat turns, even during a fast portion of the ride! While this looks brutal, I think Manhattan Express may beat it out.

Well actually, there is even a wannabe overbank. http://rcdb.com/ig497.htm?picture=1 look. That hill is tipped to the side.