TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the coolest coaster name?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's too many cool names out there! I like Mr. Freeze, V2: Vertical Velocity, most of the Superman names, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, Goliath (kinda, I just like the big sign at the SFMM one), Millenium Force, Wicked Twister, Ultra Twister, Deja vu (kinda), X2............................

Dang, there's probably a few more, but I can't think of them all!! Just goes to show you how many good coasters there are along with their names.

I love coaster named after mythical creatures. So basically most of all the coasters on the BEC have pretty good names!

Kraken

Griffon

SheiKra

Gwazi

Montu

Alpie

LNM

Apollos Chariot...for some reason this is probably my fav...love the story behind it.

.....scorpion jk

I like some of the very exotic sounding names like Sheikra and Kingda Ka. Even though Kingda Ka doesn't mean anything it's a very unique sound.

PS: Oh and yes Laser Snake Horse on Fire would be good. But to live up to that, sections of track would have to be soaked with petrol and ignited every ten minutes or so and their would have to belasers shooting from the Snake-Horse shaped cars. Give it ten to twenty years.

In the TPR Europe tour back in June/July, I got my #300 coaster at Movie Park Germany, riding what (I thought) had to be one of the longest named coasters, ever:

The Backyardigans: Mission To Mars

A cool name, though? Not sure.

But it's still one to remember, lol.

And I liked it.

• 9 months later...

Have ridden:

Vertical Velocity (without the V2 part--I think it sounds unnecessary to say)

Tremors

The Matterhorn

Haven't ridden:

Magnum XL-200

Kingda Ka (I know it doesn't mean anything, but my favorite "fake interpretation" is "Kingdom Come")

The Boss (Always makes me think of Bruce Springsteen! It wasn't even named after him or anything?)

Coaster Thrill Ride

Phoenix.

The Rocket couldn't have been given a better relocated name.

Agreed. I think it's very clever seeing as how it rose up to fly again.

Also: The Beast, Ultimate, Oblivion, Mind Eraser, Mind Bender, & Mighty Canadian Minebuster are all very good. I'm still waiting for Mind Buster!

In the TPR Europe tour back in June/July, I got my #300 coaster at Movie Park Germany, riding what (I thought) had to be one of the longest named coasters, ever:

The Backyardigans: Mission To Mars

The Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain is also up there in the length category. It's also a pretty cool name IMHO.

-James