TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best coaster in your home park?

My home park is Carowinds. My favorite coaster is Top Gun, but Thunder Road just holds a special place in my heart. Pufferfish, I'm not a big Borg fan either. I've only managed to ride it once with how horribly they run the line, but it just didn't do that much for me. I have also despised the Hurler since day one! (but I still have to ride it every time I go to the park...sad, I know..)

Carowinds is my home park also, and I'll have to say that while Thunder Road does hold a special place in my heart also, my vote goes to Top Gun. It's one of the best B&M inverts in the US, and it's almost 10 years old now.

1. Top Gun

2 Borg

3. Thunder Road

After that, there's not much of a reason do anything else at Carowinds, which is why I haven't been this season. After going to Busch Gardens, Disney Parks, and Cedar Point this year, Carowinds took a spot on the backburner until they get a new coaster or a decent flat ride.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idlewild is my home park.

Hmm...... classic woodie, or Vekoma mouse, classic woodie, or Vekoma Mouse.......

I'd have to say the Rollo Coaster. In the back it provides decent , especially on the double dip. (0:15-0:20 in vid in sig.)

Also FIXED LAPBARS!!!! The mouse is OK. The only bad part is the tilted lift hill. (PIC FROM RCDB!!!!)

Best flat is a toss-up between the Howler and the Flying aces.

Homeparks are Kings Island and Cedar Point

Kings Island coaster is probably Beast, though Firehawk is currently very popular (and, after a smooth--yes, smooth--ride, SOB is competing with them for personal favorite). flat is Delerium (1st of 2? giant frisbees in U.S.) or Drop Zone (drop tower...duh).

Cedar Point coaster is Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, or maybe even Magnum depending on who you ask (personally I can't decide between Maverick and MF). My favorite flat is MaxAir (2nd of 2? giant frisbees in U.S.), though Power Tower (4-tower space shot/drop) is a big one too.