TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best coaster in your home park?

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags Over Georgia

A toss up between Goliath and Mindbender

I'm not sure which is better, the recent B&M hyper (which is my favorite B&M hyper and I would say it is the most forceful as well) or Anton's classic Mindbender, which may be his best work (or close to it).

Dorney Park.... I would say a tie between Talon and Possessed.

On busy days, Possessed can get a very long line, and its none of the only coasters i hear people scream on.

Launch coasters always have long lines because of the nature of the ride and its dispatch times. And people scream on every launched coaster. Those things don't automatically equate it to being the best one in a given park.

Riders go nuts for the launch on Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. But that doesn't make it even a Top 5 coaster there...

Edited by MisterP

Home park is Canada's Wonderland.

Best coaster for me is Leviathan, in the front row on a sunny day. The first drop is still one of my favourites. Behemoth is a close second.

Pre Cedar Fair days in the dark days of Paramount, I would have said "Vortex" was my favourite, and to be honest I still think it is great fun..and it carries a lot more force than it looks from watching on the ground.

On busy days, Possessed can get a very long line, and its none of the only coasters i hear people scream on.

Launch coasters always have long lines because of the nature of the ride and its dispatch times. And people scream on every launched coaster. Those things don't automatically equate it to being the best one in a given park.

Riders go nuts for the launch on Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. But that doesn't make it even a Top 5 coaster there...

Yes i know that. But from working that section of the park and seeing possessed a million times a week, saturdays and sometime sundays there would be a long line. and for Dorney, that is unheard of. And for Dorney, not many people scream on the coasters there, other than talon and possessed.

Dorney - For the GP, "The Big Red One" (aka Steel Force) for me, either Talon of Possessed.

Knoebels - Phoenix, no question (If we include flat rides though, the Flyers are by far the best)

Hershey - Either Stormrunner or Skyrush.

Yes i know that. But from working that section of the park and seeing possessed a million times a week, saturdays and sometime sundays there would be a long line. and for Dorney, that is unheard of. And for Dorney, not many people scream on the coasters there, other than talon and possessed.

So we are sticking with the "scream factor", eh?

Alrighty then...