TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question for Elissa

mrfreeze6

Hey Elissa. I'm almost a junior in high school and I'm already thinking about college and my parents are asking me about which one I want to go to. Currently I live in Alabama and I hate it and can't wait to get out of it. Anyways, I know that you went to the University of Florida, well I assume so because I remember seeing it on the coaster season video. Anyways I was wondering if you thought it was a great college. I heard that it was a big party school and was just wondering if you found it an enjoyable experience or regret going there. I really want to go there but would like your input. Also, did you ever make any trips to Orlando from there. I love USO and was wondering how long the drive in between would be. Well thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing I'll say is never plan to go to a college just because of its proximity to parks...that being said, I did the drive at least twice a month to Orlando and you can do it in about 1H45Min!

I really loved UF...it was one of those schools that you could totally cater to your needs. There were classes where I was a number in a sea of 500 other people, and there were classes where I was one of 12 and my professor really knew me. I didn't see any of the horror stories of being taught by TA's and never knowing your professor. I really think that big schools get a bad rep, when in reality they have pleny of individualized attention and you have so many options and choices.

No matter what you go to school for, you can always dabble in something totally different because there are all of those options available in a large school!

Elissa "not into the sports, but still a Gator!" Alvey