TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa's Village in So Cal (closed)

Hey everyone, I just got this random flashback of that old Santa's Village theme park commercial from way back in the day. If I remember, it was located near Big Bear, Ca. Anyway, for all of you older generation folk, was there a coaster located at the park? I know it wouldn't have been anything huge, but as far as a kiddie coaster or anything like that, does anyone remember what the park consisted of?

dave

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I remember when I went, there was a kiddie coaster called "Bobsled" out in the corner...and its the only coaster RCDB lists.

Although, this park map lists "Candy Cane Coaster"...anyone know what that is? If I recall correctly, Bobsled was back there...maybe it was just a re-name.

And the location was Skyforest, CA...I think my mother still has a sweatshirt or two from the park.

Oh god, I remember those commercials... or rather that one commercial. I never went there but I remember when I was a kid that they aired the same commercial for years. Then all of a sudden, it stopped. I do remember though that the coaster looked huge when I was a kid. Granted when I was a kid I also thought the railroad at the Santa Barbara Zoo was a roller coaster.

There were two Santa's Village parks in CA. The one in Sky Forest, and the other near Santa Cruz. I think I heard of the coaster. Since it looks like the one in IL before they changed ownership, I think they might have been similar. There was also a small movie to promote the parks, and a book.

BTW, I read on Rcpro that someone bought that coaster. They had it in their back yard until their neighbors got them in trouble.

I think I may have visited the Santa's Village near Santa Cruz, but my memory is, at best, fuzzy (I was probably 3 at the time). My parents do have 8mm film of the place with my older brother and sister, though (along with Disneyland in the 1950s).

I went to Santa's Village (the Skyforest one) once about 1964. Fortunately, I have a pretty good memory, so I still have vivid memories of that day. My brother rode the Bobsled coaster, but I didn't. At that time, being only five years old, I hadn't yet developed an interest in thrill rides.

The Bee monorail...yes, I remember riding that one and even getting into an argument with my cousin who said it wasn't a monorail. :?

There was a burro ride, and I believe some kind of antique auto ride on the lines of Disneyland's Autopia. They also had a frozen "North Pole" and a spinning Christmas Ornament ride.

I have a Santa's Village brochure. Unfortunately, the park closed before I could take my daughter there. She would have really enjoyed it.

Eric