• Inside Dish with Rachel Ray
    • BBQ with Bobby Flay
    • Paula's Home Cooking
    • Other

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we have a Food Network in the US, look at how fat we all are!

Okay,

you have all these restaurants like McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut....! But we also have this here. The last time I visited my aunt in Chicago, we ate a lot of raw vegetables. It is not my thing, because I don´t like raw brokkoli. :scared:

I think there is a big "fitness wave" in the US!??

--Soeren

Elissa, fat, never (pokes her tummy pudge like Pop N Fresh);)

Contrary to popular belief Hattuchili, not all Americans eat fast food. Myself, I like to cook and bake. I find it a therapeutic respite from the daily grind that is my job......That, and the chicks dig my pies

Chris "Call Me The Muffin Man" Zer0

Contrary to popular belief Hattuchili, not all Americans eat fast food.

I dont said that all americans eat fast food. I said you all have these restaurants, but we also have them. My aunt there in Chicago is a native american and she and here familie don´t eat so many fast food, but a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. I think the most people there eats very healthy stuff.

--Soeren

I love Good Eats... It is a great combination of sensible recipes, interesting facts and science.

Well then there is the fact that Alton is a well known Mac user...

Seriously though his show is just a great source of information whether you use it or not and his tips are really useful.

I vote for Good Eats, but there's another show that they air occasionally that fascinates me with Anthony Bordain called "A Cook's Tour." Basically it's him wandering around a city just eating wherever (and sometimes whatever) he comes across. It sounds odd, and believe me when I say it is extremely odd.

I've read portions of his book, and it shows that he ate a LOT of very disgusting things (described in massive detail) that would never be shown. Still, fascinating stuff.

Did anyone else watch "Paula Deen's Wedding?" I don't know that I have ever really watched her show, but I had seen her on the Thanksgiving special with all the chefs. Wow.. She is really a classy, southern lady and her wedding was so beautiful and tasteful and SOUTHERN. Now, I am watching her show, and the other day she did this tribute to Elvis with a Cheeseburger Meatloaf and these new potatoes coated in cornflakes....mmmm

Shari "I wish I were a southern belle" Shoufler

^Paula Dean scares the living hell out of me! I think she speedlines a bag of sugar into her body before each taping. I thought my cat had too much energy...but I will give her some positive points if she was performing a tribute to Elvis. Everyone's home should have a shrine to Elvis...

A Cook's Tour is AWESOME. You gotta love a show where the host wanders around foriegn nations drinking and eating random bizarre things. Comedy classic.

dt