TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TOP 5 B&M INVERTED COASTERS

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until now i´ve only ridden one B&M inverted. But I hope to ride a couple new ones this year.

So it will only be a top 1 until the end of the year.

1. Top Gun @ PGA

new:

Black Mamba @ PHL

Batman @ SFMM

Silver Bullet @ KBF

I have already posted my top 5 on an earlier post, but did wish to comment on Alpengeist. I actually dropped it off my #1 selection. I recently visited the park again and its hard to believe how "rough" the Alpine ghost has gotten. Even in almost every seat selection. The ride will celebrate its 10th Anniversary (already!?) next year and she has seen quite a bit of neglect in my opinion. The original maintenance contractor is apparently gone and a new procedure/company is in place.

I know the park has undergone quite a bit of changes since I have stopped working there, but it appears also (from behind the scenes) that maintenance on the ride has changes as well. Even with the heavily trimmed braking (expecially after lift), the ride heading into the Cobra-roll, entry into the MCBR, and the 'flatspin' at the ending of the ride are the most noticable areas.

Anyone else notice these issues as well?

Well, I've only been on three, Montu, Dueling Dragons Fire and Ice.

But if I had to put them in an order I would have to say:

1)Montu

2)Dueling Dragons Fire

3)Dueling Dragons Ice

I really want to ride Alpengeist, though I like the look of Montu's layour more.

I have already posted my top 5 on an earlier post, but did wish to comment on Alpengeist. I actually dropped it off my #1 selection. I recently visited the park again and its hard to believe how "rough" the Alpine ghost has gotten. Even in almost every seat selection. The ride will celebrate its 10th Anniversary (already!?) next year and she has seen quite a bit of neglect in my opinion. The original maintenance contractor is apparently gone and a new procedure/company is in place.

I know the park has undergone quite a bit of changes since I have stopped working there, but it appears also (from behind the scenes) that maintenance on the ride has changes as well. Even with the heavily trimmed braking (expecially after lift), the ride heading into the Cobra-roll, entry into the MCBR, and the 'flatspin' at the ending of the ride are the most noticable areas.

Anyone else notice these issues as well?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the roughness. That's one of the reasons why Alpie isn't #1 anymore in my book.

• 1 year later...

All of the B&M Inverts that I have ridden:

1. Raptor (<- look at my picture)

2. Montu

3. Talon (<- not enough respect)

4. Dueling Dragons: Fire

5. Dueling Dragons: Ice

6. Batman: The Ride

7. Alpengeist (<- overrated in my opinion)

8. Great Bear

^I wouldn't call it arrow rough, but compared to other B&Ms, it's a little rough.

That's about my assessment of it. It's hardly a death machine, but definitely a hooptie as far as B&Ms go. Easily the worst of the B&M inverts that I've been on, but not awful per se.

As for my favorite B&M inverts:

1) Montu

2) Batman: The Ride

3) Dueling Dragons - Ice

4) Dueling Dragons - Fire

Nothing for number 5. I've also been on Silver Bullet, Raptor, Alpie, and Great Bear. But I wouldn't put any of those in a top list.

I can't remember if I've done this or not but heres mines:

1-Montu

2-Top Gun: The Jet Coaster

3-Dueling Dragons

4-Raptor

5-Alpengeist

6-Batman (St Louis)

7-Batman (Georgia)

NOTE: Last ride on Montu was 2001 for me, so I've heard it may be trimmed a lot more now. But as I've yet to get back to FL, it stays put.

I can't believe I never answered this before....let's see....I've been on 27 B&M inverts, many of them clones, but of all the "unique" versions here my complete list:

1. Dueling Dragons

2. Nemesis

3. Batman Clones

4. Katun

5. Pyrenees

6. Montu

7. Top Gun (PGA)

8. Raptor Clones

9. Top Gun (Carowinds)

10. Alpengeist

11. Black Mamba

12. Phaethon

13. Nemesis Inferno

14. Great Bear

15. Talon

16. Silver Bullet

I would say everything from Black Mamba on down is pretty much my "meh" list of B&M inverts. Keep in mind I think that *ALL* of the B&M inverts have been "fun" coasters, just some of the more recent unique offerings haven't been that intense. Great for the general public, not so great for an enthusaist.

I think of all the coasters in my B&M invert top ten, the newest one is what 2000 (Katun)?

I find it interesting that since 2001 there have only been 6 "unique" layouts of a B&M invert (I've been on 5 of them) and none of them seem to get much recognition at all compared to the 11 designs they did prior to 2001.

--Robb "My random coaster geeky comment of the day!" Alvey

1. Dueling Dragons

2. Montu

3. Raptor

4. Alpengeist

5. Great Bear

6. Batman Clones

7. Top Gun: TJC

Yeah, for some reason, I loved the quirkiness of Great Bear and found it to be fairly intense. Maybe not as intense as the Batmans, but I loved the weirdness of it. Both it, the Batmans, and Great Bear are all really close.

Top Gun craps all over Raptor. It's smooth, no head banging, SICK inversions taken at insane speeds, and a tunnel with fog!

Did I just have a bad ride on TG: TJC? Because, to me, it was the complete opposite... Raptor craps all over TG. The only thing on TG that wasn't "meh" to me was the first drop. Everything else was good, but not on par with the other B&M inverts I've been on... at least not DD, Raptor, or Montu. It didn't seem that intense to me, and the thing REALLY died out after the wing over. I guess I need to just give it another try or something. I've never understood the rage about it.

Good question!

Been on 18 and here's my list:

1. Black Mamba (wasn't as intense as it should have been, but still loved it)

2. Dueling Dragons: Fire

3. Raptor

4. Batman Clones (SFMM, SFGAm, SFOG, SFOT, SFGAd, SFSTL, Great White)

5. Dueling Dragons: Ice

6. Montu

7. Top Gun (Carowinds)

8. Alpengeist

9. Talon

10. Top Gun (Great America)

11. Silver Bullet

12. Great Bear