TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TOP 5 B&M INVERTED COASTERS

1. Montu

2. Alpengeist

3. Dueling Dragons Fire

4. Dueling Dragons Ice

5. Top Gun (I will never call it Afterburn)

But, Talon, Oziris, Banshee, and Nemesis looks SOOOOO bad ass!!! Maybe once I graduate college & make enough money to actually travel to these other coasters I will lol. Damn...effing college & part time work.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Banshee

2) Dragon Challenge (Blue)

3) Dragon Challenge (Red)

4) Raptor

5) Batman: The Ride (SFGAm)

While Batman is definitely the most intense out of these five, I prefer the other inverts over it because of their layouts and their overall experience.

• 5 months later...

I'm really surprised to see so many people rank Ice Dragon over Fire Dragon... I felt a HUGE difference between the two, Fire being far superior. Fire's second immelman is my favorite inversion of all time! Just a beter flow of elements in my opinion. Also, Ice's first drop/turn kinda sucks, as does the ending section after the loop.

1. Fire Dragon

2. Montu

3. Alpengeist

4. Raptor

5. Afterburn

6. Ice Dragon

7. Flight Deck

8. My favorite Batman (I've ridden 7, they're all about the same)

9. Silver Bullet

10. Great Bear

Updated now that I've ridden Afterburn and had the chance to try Flight Deck and Silver Bullet again:

1. Raptor

2. Dragon Challenge - Fire

3. Afterburn

4. Montu

5. Alpengeist

6. Dragon Challenge - Ice

7. Fight Deck

8. Banshee

9. Great Bear

10. Talon

11. Silver Bullet

12. Batman: The Ride

13. Patriot

I like Raptor through Great Bear all very much. I feel like there's a bit of a drop off after that.

Edited by Condor

1- Banshee

2- Montu (VERY close second to Banshee. It took me by surprise big time when I first rode it in the back.)

3- Raptor

4- Great Bear (I was actually pretty surprised by the forces on that helix right after the lift)

5- Batman (I actually don't really like this at all, but I've only ridden 5 in total. It was just too intense and snappy for my preference.)

Everything is a matter of opinion and I respect that but I can't believe 2 people on this page put Banshee in the same conversation as Montu, let alone ahead of it. Whatever you people are smoking, I want some. Montu makes Banshee look like a wacky worm.

Everything is a matter of opinion and I respect that but I can't believe 2 people on this page put Banshee in the same conversation as Montu, let alone ahead of it. Whatever you people are smoking, I want some. Montu makes Banshee look like a wacky worm.

Never smoked a substance a day in my life! Maybe that's why I can correctly assess Banshee's greatness, that you have apparently missed!

Honestly, when it comes to B&M Inverts, I feel like each person's preference has a lot to with what they want from their coaster experience, be it intensity, a unique layout, or simply something special that just sets it apart. For me, it's splitting hairs with my top 3... I really like Banshee, Montu, and Alpengeist all about the same! But if I have to rank them, that's where I have them... for now at least!

I just like the large, flowing elements on inverts. Banshee is also just so long and it feels like it goes forever. And finally, call me crazy, but I like the vests better than the original OTSR on Montu and others.

Let's be friends again. Banshee is half the ride the classic b@ms are (raptor, montu, alpie).

It's one slow inversion after another and two turns.

1. Nemesis

2. Dragons Ice (when they used to duel)

3. Batman (any park really, but SFGAm is always fun with water and trees)

4. Alpengiest

5. Afterburn

Then it all sort of clumps together from there. Wasn't a huge fan of Raptor though, one ride and done usually for me.

I have only been on 5 of these (almost got SFMM's Batman but oh well), so no need to worry about my sanity or whatever.

1. Alpengeist

The size and scope of this ride would have probably been the main reasons for ranking it first. Bonus points as well for the theming.

2. Fire Dragon

Even though I never got to experience the dueling aspect, its intensity was enough to make this ride great. Also, the footchopper with the Hogwarts Express station was a nice touch.

3. Ice Dragon

Lacking some of Fire's more unique elements but still intense and enjoyable.

4. Silver Bullet

To be honest, I'm not sure why I ranked this ride where I did, but its length probably was a major factor. I also like how it makes a big visual statement for the park, historical charm notwithstanding.

5. Flight Deck

A good coaster for sure, but the aesthetics of its shorter and somewhat more hidden layout may not have helped its case.

I guess I need to get out more, but this will have to do for now.