TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TOP 5 B&M INVERTED COASTERS

I totally forgot about black mamba, which is awesome so my list has to change to. Sorry Silver Bullet ha

1: Nemesis

2: Montu

3: Black Mamba

4: DD Fire

5: Batman Clones

Wow, a German forgetting one of the best German coasters in (for me) the 2nd best park of Germany?

Never saw that one coming !

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only need Afterburn to complete my list of all the U.S. inverts.

1. Raptor

2. Dragon Challenge - Fireball

3. Montu

4. Flight Deck

5. Alpengeist

6. Banshee

7. Great Bear

8. Dragon Challenge - Horntail (I find this one's layout much less inspired than Fire's)

9. Talon

10. Silver Bullet

11. Batman: The Ride

12. Patriot

Patriot is really the only one on the list I don't enjoy. I get off the ride feeling like absolutely nothing happened.

my favorites, some airtime on the first drop and great pacing:

1. Raptor (Cedar Point)

2. Flight Deck (California)

almost as good:

3. Afterburn (Carowinds)

4. Alpengeist (Busch)

not quite as good but still have a good whip through the zero-g:

5. Great Bear (Hershey)

6-10. Batmen

disappointing (the most recent inverts):

Banshee (KI) - looks great but floaty

Talon (Dorney) - also looks great, but ...

Silver Bullet (Knotts) - the only part with any real force is the helix at the end.

I haven't been on Montu, Dueling Dragons, Patriot or B&M's outside the USA. Montu looks like the best.

I've been on half of the Batmen, they're all about the same although the Chicago one has more trees and some water at the end of the ride. I like the idea of the same layout not being themed to a comic book with a station without ventilation in the summer (Fiesta texas ...).

Out of the ones I've been on:

1.Afterburn

2.Banshee

3.Talon

4.Great Bear

5.Raptor/BMTR

The reason Raptor isn't higher on the list, is due to me going to cedar point when I was young. Raptor used to (at least in my memories) move so much faster. Compared to when it was newer, it just seems to crawl into/through the MCBR, I remember when it used to hit it so fast that the brakes had to bite pretty hard.

If Raptor still ran as quickly as it did when it was new, it would EASILY be at the top of my list.

1) Batman The Ride(s)

2) Montu

3) Great Bear

4) Raptor

5) DD Ice

----------------

Alpengeist

DD Fire

Talon

Patriot

Great Bear was the most recent new-to-me Invert, over the 4th of July weekend. It easily exceeded what I thought it was going to be (a meandering fluff ride through a scenic setting). The helix off the lift packed a punch- it felt more like a slightly smaller first drop than a helix, and from about the Immelman on, it just kicks your ass (in a good, old-school B&M kind of way). I think the great setting in Comet Hollow pushes it just past Raptor for me.

I prefer Raptor to Great Bear as I found it much more intense and quicker paced. Great Bear to me on my recent visit to Hershey was pretty sluggish and forceless. Plus I had to wait for a group of slow ops. Maybe if I rode again in a different seat I would rate it higher, but in my coaster rankings, it is just in the middle.

Great Bear was the most recent new-to-me Invert, over the 4th of July weekend. It easily exceeded what I thought it was going to be (a meandering fluff ride through a scenic setting). The helix off the lift packed a punch- it felt more like a slightly smaller first drop than a helix, and from about the Immelman on, it just kicks your A$$ (in a good, old-school B&M kind of way). I think the great setting in Comet Hollow pushes it just past Raptor for me.

Exactly why it is my #1.

1. Raptor

2. Banshee

3. Batman the Ride

4. Dueling Dragons Fire

5.Dueling Dragons: Ice

Ive only ridden 6 Inverted Coasters and the one left off the list is Patriot. I dont think its a terrible ride, but its a bit forceless.

^^^^^ Great Bear is criminally underrated. It's not my favorite invert but it's really good and I love it's unique layout.

Great Bear was my favorite of the coasters at Hershey the last time I visited, but that was back in 2006 or 2007, and I know they've added a few since. I definitely need to make a return sometime soon.

Speaking of B&M, I saw this while watching the Detroit Tigers take on the Boston Red Sox tonight.

And is that Irving engineering on the left?

That B&M makes substantially fewer roller coasters than the Swiss version. On the plus side, they make some good beans:

http://www.bmbeans.com/products/bm-bostons-best-baked-beans/

• 4 months later...

1) Montu

2) Raptor

3) Afterburn

4) Alpengeist

5) This is tough but probably Batman, I'm tempted to say Talon, Fire Dragon or even Great Bear... Banshee, Silver Bullet, Ice Dragon and maybe a few I'm forgetting would be a little lower but every invert is great.

1. Afterburn

2. Patriot

3. Montu

4. Raptor

5. Great Bear

I bet some people are surprised to see Patriot and Great Bear on this list. I loved Patriot because the layout flows so well and its just perfectly smooth. Plus that zero-gravity roll is my favorite of any invert. Great Bear has the best drop of any B&M Invert and I love the way the zero-gravity roll flows into the corkscrew. Banshee is definitely an honorable mention. The Batman coasters are fun, but they're a little too intense for me. However, I have yet to ride Talon, Alpengeist, Flight Deck, Silver Bullet, or either of the Dragon Challenges (the only North American non-clone B&M inverts I haven't ridden.)

1. Montu @ Busch Gardens Tampa

2. Katun @ Mirabilandia

3. Dueling Dragons Fire @ Universal Orlando

4. Dueling Dragons Ice @ Universal Orlando

5. Monster @ Walygator Parc

_________

6. Raptor @ Cedar Point

7. Batman the Ride Clones

8. Top Gun (Flight Deck) @ California's Great America

9. Black Mamba @ Phantasialand

10. OzIris @ Parc Asterix

11. Silver Bullet @ Knotts Berry Farm