TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why is PGA's Grizzly so bad?

I've never been to PGA, so I want to know: Why does everyone think Grizzly is so bad? It looks like it has a decent layout, and PKD's is fun, but everyone always says how bad it is, and it placed dead last in Mitch Hawker's poll. Is it rough? Does it just suck?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its bad its just well slow and there isnt that much air time. Its preety smooth but one part on a turn my arm swung to the side and hit my funny bone on the end of the car but I at least go on it once when I am there.

I don't think it's that bad. When I went to PGA with 2 of my friends, one of them didn't want to go on any coasters with inversions, so we rode Grizzly at least five times. And we all liked it.

But Roar and Grizzly are the only 2 wooden coasters I've been on, so I don't really have much to compare it to. Roar at SFMW is much better though.

Slow, slow, slow, & one more slow for good measure.

Oh and the trains suck. To be fair I would say Griz is a great family coaster because intensity isn't an issue with this ride. The younger teens might find this a great way to break into bigger coasters. I know the people I hang out with always down talk this ride but for some damn reason we always end up on the lift hill yet again, year after year.

The Fizz keeps fizzing on folks, I mean look at this "action" packed shot. Who wouldn’t want to catch a nap on this sleep train!

530310016_DSC000260.jpg.34dd2ebb2b8d45fa01920c817dd24a5b.jpg

Once after riding Grizzly at PGA, a kid sitting in the row in front of me said to her mom "The cars were more fun".

"The cars" she referred to, are the Barney Oldfield Speedway...

Maybe she was talking about the 101?

m2reloaded-downtown18.jpg.f6acbc58ae9e32e56833461a70c02646.jpg

Police in hot pursuit of Trinity in Matrix Reloaded. Photo from

http://www.norcalmovies.com/TheMatrixReloaded/DowntownChase/m2reloaded-downtown18.jpg

that movie sucked big time. I think people like grizzlie because it dosnt hurt like hell. Although its very slow its kinda a little fun. Although I go on that last hit top gun, stealth(when it was there), and invertigo first

It's boring, it's rough, and it sucks! I don't know what it is.. I'm usually not very picky when it comes to coasters. Thinking back though, I can't imagine a worse coaster i've been on. It's not that it's too slow, because it has it's good moments... it's just boring.. overall. The train hardly ever gets up to speed to the point where some of the turns feel like you're going to fall out because there aren't enough g's to make you feel like you're pinned to the seat. I understand the idea of making a family coaster and all, but there are so many better "family" coasters out there (mainly all of them!). It just seems to go so slow that it can hardly make it up the hills. Weird ride...

• 1 year later...

Grizzly is at the bottom of my list, I find it shocking Mitch's wooden coaster poll feels the same. I went on this coaster a few years back and I was quite underwhelmed. As said before, most of the coaster is just slow. The first turn around is so slow it's painful. The past few times I've been to PGA since, I have not gone on Grizzly once.

Well I waited an hour for Grizzly and was VERY excited. They were only one train which I thought the ride would make up for. Trust me it didn't. It was extremely rough and very slow. Now rough to me may not be rough for another. It was slow and just not fun.... I would not recomend this ride unless you really want your credit. I remember riding it and thinking. "Lets go ride Demon again its way smoother" (Which for those of you who don't know is an arrow) Anyway there is my little review on Grizzly. It is at the bottom of my list right below Psyclone at SFMM.

Grizzly is just like Balder except:

1. No airtime

2. No "almost, but not quite 90 degrees!"

3. No "beer house" in the middle

4. No hot Swedish chicks

5. No cool trains

6. It feels like it will, at any time, put you to sleep (if it wasn't for number 7)

7. It's Rough as hell

If PGA's Grizzly (which I've never ridden) is noticeably worse than PKD's version (which I regret having ridden), then it must be the worse woodie in America. I thought PKD's was close to the least fun and most uncomfortable woodies I've ridden (including SOB, Mean Streak, and Gwazi!)