TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mini-Photo TR: Dania Beach

Well, I was visiting southern FL for Thanksgiving with relatives, and I decided to stop at Dania Beach on my way from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. I have driven past this park many many times while out here, but never really stopped to check it out.

I started out getting lost on the way to the park. I guess all the signage had blown down, so I had absolutly no idea what street I was on at any given time. I just kept looking for the coaster and driving towards it.

After I finally got there, I got lost again walking around the arcade area. For a multi-million dollar coaster, you'd think they would advertise it a bit more.

I dont understand why they dont just offer all day rides. Does anyone actually buy 1-ride tickets?

As you can see, it was packed. The guys in the station made me get up and walk all the way around each time even though nobody was waiting. I rode at least 5 times before anyone else showed up. I guess I know how it feels to have your own backyard rollercoaster!

The ride was suprisingly rough, as evident in the POV I shot. To end the update, I included IMO the picture of the trip. I dont know why, but I like it a lot.

-Thrasher

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photos. I hate when ride ops make you exit the ride and go through the entrance again when no one is waiting. I know it's probably the rules they are told to follow but management should allow them to make the decision at their own discretion and allow re-rides if there is no one waiting for your row.

Wow, it really worries me that you said that the ride was Rough!!!!

It was always one of the smoothest Wooden coasters and I was always surprised by that given the designer and location. Ug, I wonder if the weather finally has taken it's tole, or maybe they just haven't given it a good rehab lately.

Scary, it's in my top 10 wood so I hope it's okay!

^I think he was being sarcastic. He better have been, or I'll be furious if I didn't get to ride it in it's glory.

I was wondering if Wilma did any damage to it.

I dont understand why they dont just offer all day rides. Does anyone actually buy 1-ride tickets?

I do. If you have 9 kids that want to ride it once, it's cheaper by the ticket.

When I was there a couple of years ago, the only other riders were USF employees on a business trip (who ended up getting us a deal on HHN admissions). I remember it being smoothish and a great deal of fun. But I wonder what the economics of it are: How can the owners afford to keep it running?

I do. If you have 9 kids that want to ride it once, it's cheaper by the ticket.

If the tickets don't expire, it's also a better deal to buy the tickets individually if you are a local and plan on riding once or twice a visit since the tickets work out to a little over $3 each when buying 9.

The only thing I didnt like was when I smashed my camera on my 30th lap. I didn't find it rough, but that was back in March. Still seems like anytime someone goes nobody is there. They must be making tons of money at night with the go-carts and arcade.

IMG_0263.JPG.d35bed76acea18ffdb7df8a5bf468594.JPG

last ride out.

IMG_0255.JPG.448b2c93cefe30bee85887d5eda6ee09.JPG

last ride out

1019171584_100mph.jpg.dd8e6df58715d41b52889fb93d54ae86.jpg

Back to Boomers for night rides, rental cars are great.

IMG_0229.JPG.3d770972f1f30847ccb6571434bbea9f.JPG

Marlins won 4-3

IMG_0214.JPG.e3614027f7cefe8d3e1592419f125ef7.JPG

went to see Griffey play

IMG_0078.JPG.fe51a794674c050f7b5d3304c32a0208.JPG

empty all day

IMG_0119_2.JPG.2b177ccc148fa9fcf039b5a845509c9f.JPG

Just me and my friend.

IMG_0086.JPG.6e1e56d32e7ee9afd30996920c9b7448.JPG

First drop